Please.

How Do I Explain?

I woke up, with the feeling of sadness surrounding me.

Then it hit me. Minho was leaving today!

I hurriedly shower and run downstairs. To my surprise, he was sitting in the kitchen, flicking through some magazines absently while eating his cereal.

 "Morning.", he smiles, motioning for you to sit down.

"Uh, I..we're late for school, right?", I burst out, wanting to walk away from the house very badly.

Everyone except James and Minho started to laugh.

"Its the weekend dummy!", giggles Lily.

Oh. Two whole days being at home without Minho.

"I..want some yoghurt", I say, slowly walking to the fridge.

I take it out, and eat it standing against the counter. Once I'm done, I dump it in the bin and try to go to back to my room, but Minho stands up and grabs my arm.

"Come outside with me", he says, clearly not bothered about my answer as he starts dragging me out to the garden.

I stop trying to walk away, and instead follow him quietly. Once we're in the furthest part of the garden, (the house is barely visible from here), he stops and lets go of my hand.

He turns away for a long time, and I wait, too scared to break the silence.

After about fifteen minutes, he turns, and I see tears running down his face.

He's crying. No, please don't. I can't bear it. Stop. Please...stop.

Tears start pouring down my face as well, as I reach up to wipe his tears away.

"Don't. Just listen to me.", he says, grabbing both of my shoulders. His voice was so intense, that I got scared again.

"I'm going to miss you. You know how much. It'll hurt, I know, but, we were bound to go our separate ways sometime. Don't hide, understand? We need you. Amber, everyone, they need you. And I'll obviously visit you, stupid! Why are you so upset? I wanted to run after you yesterday, when you ran back to your room, but James told me that it would be better for you to cry it out, and then see me later. I'm leaving in the evening. They'll pick me up. Just please, don't be sad anymore. Please", he sobs, shaking uncontrollably with the tears spilling out.

I hug him, silently, and for a while we stand like that, hugging each other.

"I'll miss you too. But, do your best, and work hard, you'll do well. I know it. I...promise. I won't hide anymore. If it pleases you, then I won't hide anymore.

And...lets go shopping. Now.", I say, smiling through your tears.

His face lits up, and he picks me up and spins me around. Then he puts me back on the ground, and kisses me on the forehead.

We run back to the house together, and get our wallets. James looks pleased to see me smiling. We head out, and walk to our favorite mall, arms around each other.

Once we enter, I'm struck by a new cafe in the corner, called 'Blue Krystal'. Laughing, Minho pulls me over to the cafe, and we sit down.

I order a chocolate-caramel sundae, and an iced coffee, while he goes for the hot chocolate and mango icecream.

We're both eating, and laughing, talking about random things, that make us happy, when I spot them.

NU'EST. Ren is on Baekho's back, while Aron and Minhyun are chasing Jr. They enter the cafe and are about to sit down when they spot me.

Minho waves them over, and they drag a few chairs to our table and sit down.

"Yah Krystal! Why did you run away so fast that day?", asks Baekho, pouting.

Minho raises an eyebrow at me.

"Um, nevermind. But when did you guys know each other?", I ask Jr, who's arm wrestling with Minho.

They don't answer for a few minutes, focused on beating each other, and then Minho wins.

I clap excitedly, and see Ren looking at me with a dazed expresssion. I give him a questioning look, to which he turns away.

"Well, JR's in my class, and so is Minhyun and Baekho", says Minho, ruffling Ren's hair.

I eat quietly, answering everyone's questions, but I don't attempt to ask any myself.

I see Minho staring at me, and I look away, scared that I'll start crying again.

We then get up, and JR pays, and we leave together.

Aron offers to carry me, and when I refuse, Minho picks me up and places me on his back.

Ignoring my protests, he carries me to my favorite shop, and the two of us go in.

He finally puts me down, and Minho tells me that he and the others will be going to check out a few other shops. I feel like stopping him, but I let him go.

"Pick anything you want, I'll pay", Aron yawns, and before you can protest, he pushes me further inside.

I soon get lost inside, and I come back to Aron with quite a couple of stuff. Seeing him, I remember that he would be paying, but before I could return most of the things, he grabs me, and pulls me to the counter.

"Is this all? I thought girls buy more", he says, eyeing the huge bundle of clothes and jewellery in my arms. I just stare at him, mouth open in disbelief. MORE??? Anymore and he would be bankrupt!

He pays, and we come out to see Minho carrying Ren now. I laugh, but I catch my breath when I look at Ren.

He was wearing the cutest bunny ears ever, and Minhyun was playing with them.

Seeing me, Ren jumps off, and places the bunny ears on my head. Then HE starts playing with them.

Minho whips out an camera, and Ren hugs me from behind, pulling my lips into a smile with his fingers.

We head home, Minho carrying several bags now, and NU'EST see us right to the door.

"Would you like to come in?", Minho asks, holding the door open, but they shake their head, and say that their manager will be searching for them by now.

"You left without telling anyone?", I ask in disbelief.

"Well, I think Baekho did tell someone...who was it Baekho?", asks Aron, play fighting with Ren.

"I told my favorite wall. It said that it wouldn't tell anyone!", he says, winking at me.

I collapse, laughing out loud. Minho stares, and then laughs with me.

I head in, and we slowly unpack our stuff together.

Turning, to ask him something, I see him sniggering.

"What?", I ask, suddenly self-concious.

He points at my head. I peer into a mirror, and guess what? I'm still wearing the rabbit ears!

"Aish, I didn't give them back?", I sigh, mentally cursing the members for letting me wear it. I must have looked so weird to anyone who saw me!

Minho, reading my thoughts, reaches out and ruffles my hair.

"Aigoo, don't be mad. You looked to cute, so none of us wanted to take it off!", he says, trying his best to hide his laughter.

"Argh, forget that, why were you all looking me so much? Did I have something on my face?", I ask him, pouting.

"Like I said, you looked cute", he replies, but he's suddenly engrossed with his work. He's hiding something.

I let it go anyways, and concentrate on packing his bag.

Evening arrives all too fast for my liking, and suddenly Onew,Key,Jonghyun and Taemin are at the door.

Everyone's shooting anxious glances at me, probably expecting me to faint or something, but I keep calm.

Remembering the promise I made to Minho, I make easy conversation with SHINee, as we all lounge around, waiting for Minho to come down.

As they get into the car, Key comes up to me.

"Hey, um, our manager said that if you want to visit, come whenever you want. Just give us a call, so that we can cleanup, okay? We're really messy!", he smiles, and hands me a number.

My eyes widen, and then I stand up on my tiptoes, and kiss him on the cheek.

"Thanks!", I grin, and wave, as they drive away, Minho looking at me from the back window.

I head back inside then, and save the number immediately onto my phone.

James comes in, and sits next to me.

"You okay?", he asks, wrapping his arm protectively around me.

I bury my head in his warmth.

"Course I'm not. But, he's happy, and its what he wants. So, I'm good. And also, I can visit whenever!", I say, patting my phone.

Amber walks in just then.

"When will big brother come back?", she asks, yawning.

"I don't know. But whenever you want, we'll go see him, okay?", I smile, placing her on my lap.

"Kay. Then when are mommy and daddy coming back?", she asks.

I freeze. How do I answer? They won't come back. How do I explain that?

"They...I don't know that either.", I say at last.

"Then can we go visit them?", she asks, looking at me now.

"Sorry babe, but we can't. You'll understand why, when you're older.", I say, fighting the tears that threaten to appear.

Rose comes over and takes Amber, and I head to my room.

Looking out of the window, I pray.

Please. Let me wake up.