Results

How Do I Explain?

"The judges have decided who they want, and they will now announce the results. But please remember, this does not necessarily mean that the ones not chosen are not good. The winners will be tested, and if up to the work, they will join the companies.", says a coach into the mike.

I grip the chair tightly. A man comes up and asks all participants to walk onto the stage, so Shinwa grabs my hand and slowly helps me walk onto the stage.

As I look into the audience, guess who I see?

Minho. My jaws drop in surprise, and he starts jumping in his seat when he sees me. And next to him, the other members, grinning at me.

At that moment, someone shouts my name. Turning my head slightly, I see NU'EST there.

I swear, my eyes could have not gone any wider at that moment.

The head coach, sees me leaning on Shinwa, and comes over to us.

"She fell down and sprained her foot", explained Shinwa, holding me carefully.

"That's sad to hear. Lucky it didn't happen before the auditions, huh?", asks the coach, giving me a playful nudge.

"But sir, I fell right BEFORE we went onstage.", I blurt out.

"What? And you still danced?", he asks, taking a few steps back in surprise.

"Yeah. She's one heck of a girl, that's all I can say.", says Shinwa, grinning at me.

A man asks the coach to give out the results then, but before he does that, he murmurs something about 'Important message', and hurries down the stage.

I take my seat on the stage, and grip Shinwa's hand tight. I saw Ren frowning at our hands, and I feel like laughing.

Gosh, does he think that there's anything romantic between Shinwa and I? I know that he's a filthy playboy, but he's a good friend as well, so I cope with it.

Ren's really sweet. He cares about me so much?

Uh oh. The coach is back on stage. Shinwa gives my hand a comforting squeeze, and then we hear the coaches voice boom out of the speakers.

"Well, from the boys, we have S.M Entertainment has selected: Kim Shinwa, Choi Chulsoo, and Lee Jaehwa.", he announces.

Shinwa jumps up at his name, and then sits back down in obvious disbelief.

"How come? I made a mistake in my solo. And..and...", I hear him murmur, and I turn to him.

"Kim Shinwa, you did really well, and you know it!", I squeal, hugging him tight.

His body goes rigid for a minute, and then relaxes into my arms. From the corner of my eye, I see all the NU'EST members glaring at him, and Ren looks like he's about to run onto the stage.

"Park Hwayoung and Lee Soon-Joo are the winners from the girls side!", he yells, and my shoulders sag.

"Pledis Entertainment still has to chose", says Shinwa, giving my shoulder a gentle poke.

Yeah. They still have to chose. But, why would they? I danced like crap. My foot was sprained, and I made a complete fool of myself.

I hear the coach announcing the boys names chosen by Pledis. I don't care. What I really care is hearing my name.

"And from the girls side: Lee Hyunae, Kim Sooyoung, and Choi Mi-ha are the winners!", says the coach proudly.

Everyone's confused. Mi-Ha? Who's that?

The I hear Minho yelling at me to stand up. Oh. Right. Mi-Ha is MY Korean name.

I'm so used to being called Krystal, that I completely forgot my Korean name.

I stand up shakily, and bow.

I got chosen. I GOT CHOSEN!

"And now it's time for all the judges to decide on a winner. That winner will get the 'Best Dancer of The Year', tropy.", says the coach.

WHAT? THE AWARD? THERE'S AN AWARD????

"And the winner is....CHOI MI-HA!", yells the coach, and he comes over and hoists me onto the winner's platform.

I....won?

I stare blankly into the crowd, as the coach continues to talk.

"Mi-Ha, or Krystal, as everyone calls her, sprained her ankle right before she went on stage. But yet, she danced perfectly, with almost no mistakes, and her voice was amazing. Truthfully, today was the first time I heard her sing.", he says, and then smiles at me.

The audience is screaming like crazy, and I don't notice anything until they ask Minho to hand me my trophy.

He comes over to me, his smile so wide it might tear his face, and he hands me the trophy.

After posing with me for photographs, he pulls me into a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you. Gosh, I'm so proud of you!", he sobs onto my shoulder.

I gently pat his shoulder, I felt like crying myself.

The coach hands him the mike, but he's so overcome with tears that he can't talk.

Everything becomes blurry, and the pain in my foot becomes unbearable. The last thing I notice, is Minho's alarmed face coming towards me.

And then everything goes black.