Free at last.

How Do I Explain?

(Krystal's POV) 

It's been three months now, since I heard about Takashi. And Black Velvet is shooting for their new single in two weeks time, when it starts to snow. 

'I've Been Waiting' is the name of the song. It's about the thoughts of a boy and girl who have been waiting a long time to meet the person they love. 

And it's written by Ren and I. 

Soo-Li loves it, and so do the managers. There's no dance for this, we just stand there and sing. Ren comes in the middle, and he and I just sing together. 

It's awesome, and I know that the fans will just love it. 

But it's not this that I'm so happy about. 

I'm free. I'm finally free. Free from hate, free from chases, free from nightmares. 

It's morning, so I get dressed for school, and head out early. I leave a note for Soo-Li telling her that I've left early. 

When I reach the gates, I see the same troublesome girls waiting there for me. Smiling to myself, I try to walk past them, but they block my path. 

"For how long do you plan to dirty our oppas image? Didn't we tell you to stay away from them?", asks the main leader, and shoves me hard. 

I simply laugh in her face. 

"Do you actually think that you can make me scared? Do you think I doubt my boyfriend's love for me? I know I'm pretty, I know I'm not perfect, but he loves me for what I am, as I love him for what he is. I'm good friends with the boys because we like each other, and understand each other. And if you think that even for one minute, I'm gonna simply go sit in a corner and think about how miserable my life is, I can only say one thing: You're delusional."

And with that, I push her away, and walk into my class. As I arrange my things on my desk, some of my classmates come up to me. 

"Listen, Krystal, we're sorry that we ignored you before. It's just that if those girls saw us talking to you, they would have set the entire school against us. You had NU'EST to protect you, but we didn't. Please accept our friendship now. Their power over the school is starting to crack, and frankly speaking, we don't care anymore. We just really like you, and want to be friends with you, not them.", they say, and look pleadingly at me.

I was taken aback. I hadn't expected this. But I smile, and hug all of them. 

Ren comes in at that moment, and he looks really happy. He greets me with a kiss, and we both sign the papers that our classmates give us. 

Finally class starts, but no one pays much attention, since we're all happy. 

The day goes by faster than usual, and I'm at the school gates when Ren catches up to me.

"Babe, I got a surprise for you. Listen, meet me at outside my dorm in an hour, okay? Love you, bye!", he says, running away. Giggling, I head back to my dorm.

(End of Krystal's POV)