Training.

How Do I Explain?

A month goes by, with the boys helping Krystal out as much as they can.

(Krystal's POV)

Ah..I can finally walk! Ren was really sweet to me these past few days, nbut now they're in Japan. Well, school starts tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure he'll be back soon!

I dance towards the kitchen, when I see James on the phone. He smiles when he sees me, and holds the phone towards me, mouthing the words, 'It's for you'. 

I frown, who'd be calling me now? I hold the phone to my ear.

"Anneyoung, is that Krystal?"

I freeze, and then let out a squeal. Ren's on the phone! OHMYGODITHOUGHTTHATHEWASINJAPANWHATISHEDOINGHERE????

"Ah, yeah, Ren oppa, I don't mean to be rude, but how are you talking to me? Isn't the phone bill expensive?", I ask, trying to hide my surprise.

"Oh, that, well, I'm back in Korea now. Listen, you have to start trainging from today, so you have to come to the Pledis building by twelve, okay? See you there, I have to go now.", he says, and hangs up.

Damn, I completely forgot about that. I guess I'll wear something comfy, since the most we'll do there is practice dancing.

I dump some yoghurt into my bowl, and then scatter blueberries all over it. When I'm eating, Walter comes in, and ruffles my hair.

"Aish, why does everyone do that?", I snap, annoyed. my hair gets messed almost every minute now.

"Woah, someone's in a bad mood", he says, and ruffles my hair some more.

"It's not that...I'm just nervous.", I say, pushing some blueberries deeper into the bowl.

"Nervous for what?", he asks, chugging down milk straight from the carton. Ew!

"Well, my training starts today"

"Hey, don't worry about it, okay? They chose you for a reason. They chose you cause you were good and they liked you. So you're gonna do just fine.", he says, and smiles calmly at me.

The phone rings again, Walter walks over to answer it. I pull Amber onto my lap, and hug her softly. My little sister is so cute...

"Krystal? It's for you", he says. 

I sigh, and walk over. Again? 

"Hello?"

"AH KRYSTAL GOOD LUCK OKAY, DON'T WORRY YOU'LL DO JUST FINE, I BELIEVE IN YOU SO GO DO YOUR BEST AND GIVE 'EM ALL YOU GOT AND I HAVE TO GO NOW, SO BYE AND ONCE MORE YOU'LL DO GREAT!"

The phones clicks, and for the next minute, there's silence. Then I fall to the floor, laughing so hard that tears pool in the corners of my eyes.

Ah, Minho oppa truly is the best! Amber walks over to me, and plants a sticky kiss one my cheek. 

"Unnie, why are you crying?", she asks, trying to wipe the tears away with her blueberry stained hands. 

"Don't worry, it's just because I'm happy. Listen, I have to go now, or else that ahjusshi I told you about will get upset. So I'll see you later okay?", I say, and kiss her on the forehead.

That was the same place Ren kissed me. My face flushes with the memory.

I run to my room, and quickly change. 

I open my bag, and look inside. Should I keep my makeup things? They might wanna have a look. I throw in my IPod, and run down the stairs.

"Bye James!  Bye Rose! See you guys later!", I yell, and run out.

I grab a cab, and make my way to the Pledis building. I hand the driver the money, and tell him to keep the change, and then I slowly walk into the building.

"KRYSTAL-SHI WE WERE WAITING FOR SO LONG!", yells someone, and then everything's blurry, and I'm on the floor.

"Yah Baekho hyung! You're hurting her! Get off of her!", yells Ren, and starts to punch Baekho.

Baekho simply looks at him, and then me, and then picks me up, slings me over his shoulder, and starts to walk towards the elevators.

"OPPA PUT ME DOWN NOW I JUST ATE PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN!", I yell into his ear, but sadly, he doesn't even flinch.

He presses a button, and walks into the elevator. The others follow him, looking from me to him to Ren, and they start to snicker. 

Ren's face is black. He simply glares at Baekho the whole way up, and even though Baekho tries to ignore, I can feel him melting. 

The lift stops, and I try to make out what floor, but since I'm facing Baekho's back, I simply get myself a neck ache. 

He keeps on walking, with the boys behind us, and I can see them smirking and whispering, all but Ren, whose face switches from a glare to a smile for me.

I hear a door being opened, and whatever conversation being held in the room subsides, as we walk in. 

Baekho lets go of me, and I fall to the ground in a clumsy heap. 

"Aish hyung you can't just drop her like that!", yells Ren, and once more starts to punch him.

Baekho simply looks at him, amused, since the punches don't hurt a bit. 

Minhyun helps me up, and I face the others in the room.

"Hello, starting from today, I will be your manager, the lady beside me, Miss Kim Taeyeon, will be your dance teacher, Mrs. Hwang Remi will be your vocal teacher, and these three people will be your stylists. You will be debuting in December, which is 3 months away, alongside another girl. She ought to be here soon. So, first of all, we'd like to see you dance again.", says a man in a brown coat. 

Dance? Now? In front of Ren? 

My throat goes dry. Even though I've done it before, it seems much harder now.

Miss Kim clicks on a song on the computer at the end of the room, and music starts blaring out of two very large speakers.

Wait wait, I know this song..where have I heard it?

Damn. It's Action. I'm supposed to dance to NU'EST's song? 

I simply stand there, looking dazed, when Miss Kim starts to dance. I follow her movements, some of which are very complicated, but I manage to do them anyways. She shoots me a smile, and then her eyes flicker to someone behind me. I whirl around, to find Ren doing some of his own dance move right next to me. I giggle, as he starts to twirl me around, and finally, he lifts me into the air, holding me by the waist, and I arch my back into a graceful pose.

The dance we just did was all wrong for the song, but we enjoyed doing it. At least, until I turned around and saw the faces of everyone else.

They all looked pleased. All of them, except for Miss Kim. 

She starts to pour out everything wrong about the way I dance, and I just stand there, numb. I have so many mistakes?

I feel the tears pooling in my eyes. 

"If you need someone to dance just so that you can dance, then you're simply pathetic. And you need a smile so that you dance more eagerly? Lame. You're simply wrong", she says, pursing her lips.

"She's always like this, don't you listen to any scoldings she gives you. Look at the others, they all look pleased with you!", whispers ren into my ear.

My manager interupts, and then introduces me to a girl who just entered. He calls her Lee Soo-Li, and says that she will be debuting with me. We give each other timid smiles, and look at our shoes. 

"So, since it's time that you guys had something to eat, why don't you order something? The boys can eat with you here as well, the rest of us have to go for a meeting.", he says.

Aron immediately pulls out a menu card from his pocket, and starts to scan it. Soon, we have decided on what we want, and we're leaning against the wall, chatting. All of us, except for Soo-Li, who's sitting opposite us, and is looking out the window. i walk over to her, and sit next to her.

"So, you nervous? About our debut?", I ask, and she nods.

"Hey, you guys can decide on a name for you two! You're allowed to, and then you can go tell the manager of your ideas. If he likes them, then he'll go ahead with it. And you also have to choose some wacky stage names for yourselves.", shousts Aron in English.

"Ah, thank you! Will you help us decide?", asks Soo-Li, also in perfect English.

As the boys stare at her, dumb-founded, she swiftly explains that she lived in the U.S. for a long time, and since her parents moved here, she's been trying her best to learn Korean, and she knows it pretty well, but she finds English easier.

"Well then, let's decide!", says JR.

After much thinking, we come up with the name Black Velvet. I decide on using my own nickname, Krystal ( 수정), as a stage name, and Soo-Li chooses the name Sapphire (사파이어) as hers. 

The food arrives, and we munch happily, thinking of the bright future ahead. (A/N: That sounds mushy, but I couldn't resist the urge. :D)

(End of Krystal's POV)

 

Krystal has finally started training, but there's more coming! 

NU'EST obviously has a fanclub at school, guess what's going to happen???