Getting There...

I'll protect you Hyuna, trust me

                “They want to go karaoke instead of eating out.” He said in anger as he took his collared shirt and slacks off, throwing them on his bed.

                “What?!” Junhyung yelled in annoyance. He stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in suits and a tie with his hair still in a mess. “And I was ACTUALLY going to put on gel.” He said in irritation and taking the buttons off of his shirt. He stopped and looked at Doojoon’s devastated look with a sigh.

                “Hey, wait, don’t change yet.” Junhyung said. Doojoon glanced over at him and took a deep breath, sitting on his bed with only his boxers on and his socks in his hand. Junhyung grabbed his phone and walked into his room, closing the door after he dialed a number quickly.

                “Hello?” Hyuna answered on the other line cheerfully. “Hey, you guys really want to go karaoke instead? Doojoon really wants to go eat out tonight.” He said with a hand on his hips and waving his hands around.

                “Well, we thought it was a good idea, but…Gayoon ripped her dress while practicing her sitting position on Doojoon’s motorcycle.” She said with a chuckle. Junhyung covered his face and laughed silently shaking his head.

                “Give her one of yours!” He said with a chuckle. “They don’t fit her!” Hyuna said with a silent laugh. “She JUST tried them all on.” Junhyung sighed deeply and stood up.

                “Look, tell her not to worry about it. Doojoon and I will drop by the store right now. We’re already dressed to leave so you just fix yourself and we’ll be there soon.” He said while reaching his hand for the doorknob to go back in the living room.

                “Okay.” She said with a smile. “Oh! Junhyung!” Hyuna yelled loudly, making Junhyung take his hands off the doorknob with a chuckle. “What?”

                “So…Hyunseung called me earlier and apologized.” She said with a smile. Junhyung’s smile slowly faded as he turned around and looked down with narrowed eyes. “What?” He asked once more unbelievably that Hyunseung had the nerve to even still apologize after what he’s done.

                “He called me and said he wanted to make up for what he did. I told him that we’d be celebrating tonight so he kindly said that he and I can hang out another time.” She said proudly. Junhyung silently scoffed and coughed.

                “Okay. We’ll be there soon so hurry.” He said with a scowl and opened the door.

                Doojoon, Junhyung, Hyuna, and Gayoon sat in a high class restaurant in beautiful clothing while Doojoon reached for Gayoon’s hand with a smile. Doojoon was dressed in a purple tie with a black suit and slacks. His hair was neatly spiked while Junhyung kept his hair in a messy, yet attractive way. He had a red tie with black slacks and suit while Hyuna was in a long yellow cocktail dress. Her hair was curled to the side with light makeup, along with a few white bracelets on her hands, a pearl necklace, and diamond earrings that Junhyung got her for her birthday a few years ago. Gayoon was dressed in a purple short dress and her long hair hung down her face, curled and volume. Gayoon looked down nervously, biting on her lip while Doojoon, Junhyung, and Hyuna chuckled.

                “At least you know now to not rehearse your sitting styles whenever you’re in a dress.” Junhyung said with a chuckle.

                “I can’t believe you told Junhyung!” Gayoon yelled at Hyuna who covered her face in Junhyung’s shoulder giggling. Junhyung laughed silently and glanced at Hyuna with a chuckle.

                “If it weren’t for Hyuna, we’d be at the karaoke AGAIN.” Junhyung said in bothersome, crossing his arms while Hyuna calmed down and moved back to where she was.

                “It’s okay.” Doojoon said with a smile at Gayoon. “I wanted to buy you a new dress anyways.” She looked down at his hands and chuckled silently, then looking up to his eyes. “Thank you.” She said happily.

                “Maybe this should’ve just been a date between the two of you.” Said Hyuna with a chuckle and drinking her water.          “Ahhh, are we being too romantic?” Doojoon asked with a chuckle. “Learn from the pros you guys.” Said Gayoon with a finger pointed at Junhyung and Hyuna who scoffed loudly with a laugh.

                “You guys just don’t who the real pro is yet.” Junhyung said coughing silently and fixing his collar while everyone else scoffed. “And this is coming from the guy who’s never been in a TRUE relationship before?” Hyuna asked with a loud laugh, covering . He glared at her leaned back in his chair.

                “Anyways….” He said with a glower at Hyuna who drank her water with a slight giggle. “How’s your schedule going to be like from now on?” Junhyung asked with his attention turning towards Doojoon who shrugged and smile.

                “It’s going to be tough.” He answered through a sigh and glanced at Gayoon who was looking down already. “At the meeting they said training takes place around 6pm so I have to leave right after school and head there. Training ends around 10pm-11pm so I’ll be busy all day.” Gayoon glanced up at him and smiled slightly.

                “Ahhh…so you’ll be experiencing the daily life of Yong Junhyung then.” Said Junhyung with a chuckle while Hyuna chuckled silently and elbowed his arm with water in , motioning her head towards Gayoon who sadly kept her head down.

                “Don’t worry, everything will still be the same.” Hyuna said with a smile and a hand on Gayoon’s hand. “With all the technology we have it’ll feel as though Doojoon is with you every second.” She said with a smile.

                “And…that’s what I meant to say too.” Junhyung said, taking a sip of his water. Gayoon smirked at him while Doojoon silently laughed.

                “It’s going to be a long 2 years.” Gayoon said with a bubbled face. Hyuna clicked her tongue in annoyance and held her cup in her hand.

                “Let’s just end this sadness. Today was supposed to be a celebration day! It seems like we’re mourning!” She said with a chuckle. “Cheers!” She yelled silently with her cup up while everyone laughed and followed her actions.

 

                There were silent whispers filling the school a few weeks later as Hyuna and Hyunseung got closer together. “Jang Hyunseung is dropping out?” A student asked another while Junhyung passed them during break time. “What? Why?”

                “I don’t know. Maybe it’s just a rumor?” Junhyung walked by and slightly tilted his head, squinting his eyes in confusion. He turned the corner and entered the men’s bathroom as he walked towards the sink to wash his hands. A few guys walked into the restroom chattering happily as Junhyung quickly washed his hands.

                “Finally he’s going to leave!” One of the guys yelled in laughter. “He has done nothing but annoy every man on earth.” Junhyung stared at them oddly.

                “Who?” He asked. Junhyung was well-known in the school, even though he wasn’t the most popular, so many people knew him. “That transfer student, Jang Hyunseung.” One of the guys said.

                “We heard the girls outside talking that he was going to drop out.” Junhyung nodded and slipped his hands in his pockets. “Well…you shouldn’t always believe rumors.” He said before walking out of the restroom. The guys stared at him strangely and then began chattering again.

                Junhyung entered the classroom right at lunchtime and walked by Hyuna and Hyunseung who were sitting closely next to each other, eating happily. “Hey, what took you so long?” Doojoon curiously asked.

                “I just ran into some guys on the way.” He said while glancing at Gayoon. Junhyung looked at Doojoon and then motioned his head towards Gayoon, who was focusing deeply on something.

                “Don’t mind me, I’m just trying to see what good Hyuna sees in that abuser.” She said in a monotone, staring intently at the back of Hyunseung’s head a few seats ahead of them. Junhyung scoffed and finally sat down, getting his food out.

                “Ahhh…I almost forgot, did you guys hear about the Last Dance this Saturday?” Gayoon asked with wide eyes, turning her eyes from Junhyung to Doojoon. “No…what about it?” Junhyung asked while Doojoon cleared his throat.

                “It’s just the dance for students that are graduating this year.” He said while eating some rice. “But everyone is invited.”

                “Please tell me you’re not training that day?” Gayoon asked with a sad expression on her face. Doojoon swallowed his food and smiled. “I don’t train Saturdays.” He said with a huge smile while Gayoon uproared with happiness. Junhyung glanced at Hyuna and Hyunseung in question from all the rumors he had heard just now.

                Hyuna and Gayoon were dropped off as Gayoon waved at them before going on. By the time she got inside, Hyuna was already in the bedroom changing her clothes. “Are you still angry at me?” Hyuna asked while popping her head out of the bedroom. Gayoon ignored her and walked into the kitchen. “Fine, well I’m going out with Hyunseung in a bit so-“

                “Are you REALLY forgiving him?” Gayoon asked with an angry look on her face. Hyuna finished changing and walked out to the kitchen with her. “Well…yeah.” She said while grabbing a water bottle and opening it. “He was under stress that day.”

                “From what?! He doesn’t even do anything all day!” Hyuna looked down and bit her bottom lip, thinking to herself. She looked up at Gayoon and sighed deeply.

                “I know that what Hyunseung did to me was…wrong.” She admitted while Gayoon scoffed and threw her head back in annoyance. “BUT…I was to blame too.”

                “What?” Gayoon asked with an amused chuckle. “YOU’RE to blame? What? Were you the one who grabbed his hand and made him slap you? NO!” She screamed in anger. “He did it out of RAGE!” She said with wide eyes. “He wouldn’t have cared if you fainted!”

                “What is going on in here?!” Their aunt yelled, walking in from work with a scowl. Gayoon and Hyuna both looked at her nervously and glanced at each other. “We’re just…-“

                “Who is this guy that you’re dating Hyuna?” Aunt asked while Gayoon closed to listen. “I’ve heard from all over that people have seen you hanging out with a man they’ve never seen before.” Hyuna looked at aunt in fear and slumped her shoulders.

                “Jang Hyunseung. He’s a transfer student.” Aunt nodded and set her bag down, walking towards them. “Ohhh…and do you know a lot about him? Do you know enough about him to be dating him already?” She questioned. Hyuna wandered her eyes and had on a confused expression.

                “Yes?” She answered. “Well, tell me about him.” Hyuna looked at her and clasped her hands together. “Well….he…ummm…-“

“Where did he transfer from?” Gayoon looked at Hyuna in question as Hyuna gulped loudly. “I…don’t know.”

                “Really? Well, that’s a bad start.” Aunt said with a nod. “Does he have a family?”

                “No.” said Hyuna quickly. “His parents passed away when he was little and he was an only child.” Aunt nodded and sat down on a chair nearby.

                “How long have you two been together?”

                “Almost 4 weeks.” She answered silently. “Ahhh…and what’s that swelling spot on your face I saw a couple weeks ago?” She asked while looking Hyuna over.

                 “It’s almost gone by now but since I’ve been working, I haven’t had the chance to ask at all.” By now Gayoon was so in tuned with listening that she was sitting in the living room with her body facing the kitchen.

                “I…it was an accident.” Gayoon sat up straight and her expression changed dramatically. “LIAR!” Gayoon screamed loudly, standing up and pointing threateningly at Hyuna while she made her way to the kitchen again. Hyuna stared at Gayoon with wide eyes as aunt slightly shook from her scream.

              “Why don’t you just tell aunt the truth!” She yelled again. “What truth!?” Aunt screamed loudly. Hyuna looked them back and forth and heard a honk outside as she quickly walked by them and grabbed her bag.

                “I’m going to work.” She said quickly before she stormed out of the door.

                “Kim HYUNA!” Aunt yelled loudly in fury. Gayoon huffed loudly and walked into her bedroom angrily after Hyuna slammed the front door shut.

A/N: Hyuna being a pain in the …

but I sense something happy and good coming though…

don't worry... she won't be like that for long... :D

Please comment okay? Thanks!