8 Years Later

I'll protect you Hyuna, trust me

“And that’s how I came to meet Doojoon.” Junhyung said with crossed arms. They were all in their classroom filled with other students just sitting around chatting amongst themselves. Hyuna sighed deeply and nodded with a yawn after hearing the story. Doojoon leaned in with a proud smile on his face while Gayoon laid her head on Doojoon’s back.

                “I think this is the 10th time that Doojoon’s made you tell this story.” Gayoon said with closed eyes and a tired tone. Doojoon shrugged his shoulder to make her slightly fall back while he clicked his tongue.

                “Hey…I was basically the hero in this reality story. Of course I want to hear it more than once.” He said in an annoyed expression, glaring at her while Junhyung chuckled. Hyuna yawned deeply just as the class bell rang and stood up with a deep stretch.

                “Okay, I’ll be heading out first.” She said with a wave at them. “I have to go buy some food.” Junhyung watched as she left in a crowd with other students and shook when Doojoon slapped his back forcefully.

                “Hey, hurry and let’s go stay in the library while Gayoon finishes her tests.” He said.

                Hyuna walked out of class and bumped into someone’s shoulder as she turned the corner. She looked up at the tall man with brown hair and a fierce look at her. He had a huge scar on his neck as she finally looked up into his eyes.

“Sorry.” She said quickly in fear before walking away quickly. “Who the hell was that?” She asked herself while glancing back at him. Immediately, there were a couple girls surrounding him as she scoffed. Her phone rang as she picked up quickly. “Hello?”

                “Hyuna?” The person on the other line said. “Oh, yeh aunt.” Hyuna answered. “I’m working overtime tonight again so I’ll be home late. I was trying to call Gayoon but she didn’t pick up.”

                “Ahhh…she’s taking her tests so that’s probably why. I’ll tell her to come home as soon as possible.” She walked away from school grounds and stood in front of a bus stop.

                “Okay, have you two eaten yet?” She walked into the bus as soon as it stopped and walked in with a smile at the bus driver. She found a seat and quickly sat in case someone else stole it. “No, I’m on my way home to change first and then I’ll go to the store to buy something to cook.”

                “Okay hurry and go home then.” Hyuna smiled and said goodbye before hanging up and looking out the window with a deep breath.

                Junhyung and Doojoon walked out of class together dressed in their school uniform and chuckled to themselves. “I’ve always wondered because you always leave this part out of the story, how did you get beaten up anyways?” Doojoon asked with a curious look.

                “I always looked like a weakling when I was younger. Plus I was upset at that time so there was no way I could fight back-“

“It’s okay! Just admit it already that you can’t fight.” He said with a loud laugh. “AND, once a weakling…ALWAYS a weakling.” Junhyung scoffed and stood up taller, taking his hands out of his pocket.

                “Fine I’ll show you my fighting skills.” Said Junhyung with a chuckle and throwing his backpack on the ground quickly, getting into a fighting position. “Okay! Okay! I’ve always waited for this moment! Come and get it.” Doojoon said with a chuckle, running his finger over his earrings before he got into position.

                “Why?! Why?! Why?! Do you two always do that?!” Gayoon yelled loudly when she walked out of her afterschool classroom. She had on a black skirt and high socks to her knees along with a white collared shirt under and a blue over shirt over. Doojoon and Junhyung quickly chuckled and grabbed their bags from the ground and headed towards her.

                “This is what happens when YOU take forever in class! Why do you always miss your tests anyways?” Doojoon asked in annoyance. “Yeah, try to be more like Hyuna will you?” Junhyung said with a light chuckle. Gayoon faked a sarcastic chuckle and scoffed.

                “Speaking of Hyuna, I’m surprised that she hasn’t called me yet.”

                “Hey Heo Gayoon! Hurry and come home before aunt gets here first or else she’s going to scold us again.” Hyuna said on the phone in annoyance. “Call me back when you’re on your way from school so I can start cooking the spaghetti.” She left a voicemail and huffed angrily on her way back home. She was dressed in a pair of black flats with skinny jeans and a shirt that was a size too big for her. Her hair was brushed down to below her waist and glowing in the sunlight. In her hands was a bag of groceries with spaghetti ingredients in. She turned the corner to a huge brick wall and then into an average looking house after opening the gates.

                Gayoon walked in her school uniform with Doojoon by her side and Junhyung next to Doojoon. “Hey, you guys ARE coming over tonight right?” She asked excitedly, glancing at both of them after she listened to Hyuna’s voicemail when they neared their homes of departure.

                “Why?” Doojoon asked curiously with a chuckle. “What do you mean why?!” Gayoon yelled with a chuckle. “Hyuna is going to make spaghetti tonight.”

                “Hyuna’s not so good at cooking. Especially making dumplings.” Junhyung said with a silent chuckle, looking down while he walked. His hands were tightly in his pockets while his backpack hung over his shoulder. “Wait till I tell Hyuna that.” She said with a threatening finger pointed at him and taking her phone out.

                “Okay, okay, go ahead. She knows I hate her cooking. And her dumplings.” Junhyung said with a chuckle while Doojoon smiled and fixed his backpack on his back.

                “Hey Hyuna, stop cooking right now.” Gayoon said with a threatening voice. “Huh? Why?” She asked oddly on the other line. Hyuna dropped the spaghetti that she was about to heat up down and stood in confusion. Gayoon flashed an angry look at Junhyung and chuckled evilly with a hand on her hip while her other hand was tightly with Doojoon’s.

                “Junhyung wants to do you a favor and cook spaghetti for us tonight.” Junhyung widened his eyes in shock. “WHAT?!” He screamed loudly.