The Story of how they met (Junhyung Doojoon)

I'll protect you Hyuna, trust me

A/N: Okay, this intro is just telling how Junhyung and Doojoon meets…

And basically how everyone gets together… Because it’s kind of lacking in the first chapter,

I’ll update two chapters unto here… so please enjoy it! Thanks!!

                “Okay! Everybody, stay in the playground!” The orphanage founder, Mrs. Kim who controls the orphan children ages 4 to 10, yelled. She’s a friendly individual who loved every child as if they were her own. She smiled while all the children ran towards the jungle gym in joy, fighting over the swings, jungle bars, and slides. The playground was only minutes away from the orphanage home, making it easy for the children to go back and forth if they needed to. From the side of the playground sat a little boy the age 10 on the bench and watching another little boy and his mother across from him. She was helping him on the monkey bars, laughing to each other lovably.

                “Junhyung?” Mrs. Kim asked while walking towards him. He had his arms crossed, focusing tightly on the little boy and his mother. He sighed deeply and then looked down.

“Yong Junhyung? You okay?” She asked lightly, sitting by him on the bench. “Yes.” He answered with his head down. She smiled sadly at him and put an arm over his shoulder.

                “You can talk to me about anything. You know that right?” She asked kindly. He slowly nodded, still keeping his head down. “Yes, Mrs. Kim.” He answered politely.

                “Okay, now tell me what’s going on with you?” Junhyung slowly looked up and pointed at the little boy earlier and his mother. Mrs. Kim squinted her eyes oddly looking at the child and then back at Junhyung. “Oh? Do you know him?”

                “No.” He answered quickly, shaking his head. “I want to see my mom too.” Mrs. Kim sat frozen with a deep sigh after a while of silence and patted his back. “Junhyung…your mother-“

“I know what you’re going to say Mrs. Kim.” He said in an irritated tone. “You always say that my mom and dad are away right now so I have to live with you, but somehow I don’t believe you.” He said with his head down. Mrs. Kim smiled and held his hand with a smile.

                “I will tell you where your parents are when you get older okay?” She said. “I’m already TEN! I’m old enough to know!” He yelled uncontrollably in a scrawny voice. Mrs. Kim tried to calm him down and took a deep breath. “I-“

“I want to be alone right now.” He said with tightly crossed arms. Mrs. Kim smiled sadly and patted his back before she stood up to go stand with the others to watch the children. Junhyung watched her leave and slowly followed behind her, hiding behind a tree in suspicion.

                “What’s wrong with Junhyung again?” The other helpers in the orphanage asked while watching the other kids play. “He’s so mature for his age. He wants to know where his parents are again.” She said while slowly shaking her head. “I’m so close to just telling him the truth.”

                “Ahhh…what DID happen to his parents? No one ever speaks of it much.” Mrs. Kim looked around quickly and then took a deep breath making sure that no one else would hear. Junhyung listened closer, hiding near to the tree so no one would see him.

                “Compared to all the children we’ve ever had, his parents died the most horrible death.” Junhyung squint his eyes and eavesdropped closer. His eyes warmed up when he heard the word ‘death.’ “Really? What happened?”

                “His mother passed away while giving birth.” She said while the other women covered their mouths in sadness and shock. “And his father died in a car accident on the way to the hospital.” She sighed and shook her head.

“Junhyung was brought to us when he was almost a year old. The hospital had taken care of him because they felt so miserable and after he got older they had no choice but to bring him to us. He’s such a good child.”

                Junhyung quickly sneaked back into the orphanage home and into his room with an angry expression, squinting his eyes to keep the tears away. He opened the drawers and threw some of his clothes in a tiny bag that he was carrying. After he packed his bags, he slowly walked in the empty halls of the orphanage to make sure that no one would see him. He sneaked out of the building and slipped through a few crowds before he managed to get into a subway, travelling to a whole new city he wasn’t familiar with.

                At the airport stood a little boy outside a women’s restroom with his luggage. He had on a tiny black polo shirt with his collared popped up along with tan shorts to below his knees. He had on nice and shiny sneakers and his hair spiked up just to the right touch while he had one hand to his dark sunglasses. People walked by and acknowledged his unique style of clothing as he held his sunglasses down and winked, flashing his smile at them.

“Stop showing off your adorable face now Yoon Doojoon.” A woman’s voice said who walked out from the women’s restroom. He chuckled lightly and turned to her with a nervous smile. “Why can’t I? I need to show off my breathtaking foreign look.” He said with another flash of smile.

                “Okay enough, enough.” She said with a chuckle and grabbed his hand while they walked out of the airport with their luggage.

                “So aunt, you’re ONLY living with me here till I get into high school right?” He asked curiously. “Yes, your parents trust you enough to allow you to live on your own when you’re at least 17 since you’re such a disciplined child.”

                “Okay!” He said with a huge smile. “I know I am.” She looked down at him with a scoff and chuckled.

                Doojoon and her aunt arrived at their home when he heard little children screaming from the corner of their new home. He peeked over and noticed a bunch of bigger children beating up another boy. He squint his eyes and his instincts took over as he made his move.

“HEY!” Doojoon yelled loudly, running over as fast as possible. Although he wasn’t very huge, he had the skills to scare others once he showed them his fighting skills. He grew up in a rich family that taught him how to fend for himself if anything bad were to occur to him. The boys looked over at him with an amused chuckle as Doojoon narrowed his eyes when he saw the boy lying on the ground, lifeless.

                “Yoon Doojoon! Get back over here!” His aunt yelled loudly, slowly chasing after him. “What’re you guys doing?!” Doojoon yelled while leaving his luggage behind with his aunt and setting his sunglasses on the ground.

                “Oh? Look who this is!” One of the boys said while looking at the little boy on the ground. “Your friend?!”

                “Stay away from him!” Doojoon screamed in a fighting stance at the bigger boys. “He’s… my friend!” He said with a stutter, staring at the strange boy on the ground that he’s never seen before. The boys were about to attack him when Doojoon’s aunt finally reached him.

                “What’re you kids doing?!” She screamed loudly with anger, making all the children stop. “Do you all want me to call your mother and father?!” She yelled loudly with a fierce look while they all ran away.

                “You BETTER run!” Doojoon yelled then turned to his aunt. “I could’ve beaten them aunt!” He yelled loudly, staring up at his aunt. She lightly hit the back of his head and glowered at him.

                “Never EVER do something like this again.” She said with a pointed finger at him. “But they were beating him!” He yelled with anger and glared at her before walking towards the boy. His aunt stood behind and watched with a proud smile.

“Hey…hey…are you okay?” He remained speechless on the ground as Doojoon kept his hand on his shoulder in worry.