Great First Day~

A High School Year to Remember

-Abby's POV-

 

First period passed by quickly after Andrea's turn at reading about her partner, Kai. I was pretty suprised that she didn't stutter or act nervous at all. It was pretty nice of Kai to stand up with her so she wouldn't feel bad. I made a mental note to thank him about it later.

Soon, the bell rang and Andrea and I walked to our next class, which was Algebra 1. Yeah we were kinda behind in math but we were advanced in science so instead of taking Earth Science, we have Biology with the sophomores. I really didn't pay attention to any class since it was all just introductions to the class. We have lunch after fourth period, so I was just wishing time would go by faster to be able to go to lunch. 

I don't even eat lunch anyways. Andrea gets mad at me for having bad eating habits. I don't eat breakfast or dinner. You could say that I eat a really late lunch since I eat when I get home from school, which is like at 3:30 or 4:00. Anyways, we have 3 classes with Cassie, which made me pretty happy. Cassie just makes the mood fun and crazy.

We finally got excused to lunch and I practically ran out of the classroom. I would've dragged Andrea behind me but she's too strong for me to do so. Oh well she'll follow anyways.

"Yay it's finally lunch! I'm starving!" Andrea exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Tell me when you're not hungry," She pouted, but still laughed.

"Yeah, you're right," she responded and we both laughed.

We walked to the cafeteria. It was big and painted sky blue like the other buildings, but it had the school's seal, painted in gold and silver, glinting in the bright sunlight. There were various tables and benches for people to sit outside. There were also a lot of trees which provided shade on a hot day, like today. I spotted a unoccupied table under a big oak tree and immediately ran towards it.

Andrea ran behind me. "Yay, shade!" she exclaimed and sat down next to me. She ped her pupple lunch bag, and started to eat the contents. I looked around and saw a group of people in the middle of the area we were in, called the quad. They were in a neat formation and next to them was a grown woman, of about 35 years old with a stereo. She hit the play button and I heard a familiar song start to play.

 

오빤 강남스타일
강남스타일~

Oppa is Gangnam style
Gangnam style~

 

People automatically began to chant and pay attention to the people in formation. They started to dance the famous horse riding dance and other students started to join them. Wow a flashmob on the first day? At least it's a song I love! They danced pretty well and soon the song came to a finish. The woman holding the megaphone in her hand started to speak.

"Good afternoon students and we'd like to welcome the incoming freshman to Sky Blossom High!" she said while opening her arms wide, gesturing the school. Students in the crowd cheered.

"We hope you have a fantastic first day at our wonderful school. I am principal Smith." She had a very nice, motherly aura to her, which I liked.

"If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to come to the office and ask for help. The staff here at Sky Blossom High will be more than happy to help you out," She smiled and continued. "Remember our school motto: Reach for the skies, here at Sky Blossom High." Wow. Cheesy much?

People clapped and cheered. Everyone repeated the school's motto and burst into another round of cheering and applause. I, of course, was just watching the whole thing. It's pretty cool, but not into the "school spirit" kind of stuff. I glanced at Andrea and saw her eating meat, not paying attention to the flash mob at all. Gosh that girl really does love meat. People started to disperse after the principal left, but there was a bunch of girls off to my right, squealing and giggling. I sighed. Not this again..

I then saw why the girls were squealing. The same reason the girls at the coffee shop were squealing. There, in the middle of trying to escape from the girls, were our new friends. At least I think we're friends. I nudged Andrea, who was now eating sour cream flavored chips, and she looked up. I pointed to where the guys where. They were coming in our direction and I was pretty sure that they hadn't seen us yet.

I stood up. "We should move before we get trampled by their admirers," 

Andrea stood up as well. "Yeah, I don't want to die on our first day of school," She packed up her stuff and we started walking to the direction of a garden with a big, white gazebo located not far from the quad. We didn't even make it there, because the bell rang. We both groaned and I checked my schedule to see what our next class was. It was biology. We trudged in the direction of the class and I was suprised to see Baekhyun and Suho already there. I guess we have another class with them.

I told Andrea that we should get there after everyone enters, to avoid any other awkward moments. Everyone entered and we entered last. I caught Baekhyun's gaze, but looked away quickly. The class passed by fast and right when the bell rang, Andrea and I ran out. The next class passed by fast as well. Finally, the final dismissal bell rang and we walked to Andrea's hiouse to pick up my stuff from our sleepover. I said goodbye to Andrea and walked back to my house.

It wasn't the day I was expecting, but it was a great first day.