New Oppa

A High School Year to Remember

 

-Abby’s POV-

 

What is it with people leaving me confused like this?!

When I regained my senses, I looked around and saw Andrea nowhere in sight. I sighed. She’s probably with Kai. I really need someone to talk to right now…

I felt a headache coming on with all the noise and it was hot inside the gym too. I walked out the backdoor, not having a clue to where I was going. The fresh air smelled sweet, of roses and other flowers I couldn’t identify. I twirled and smiled. I felt relaxed for a second, until I remembered what happened, minutes ago.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I had so many questions in mind. Why did Luhan kiss me? What did Baekhyun mean with “I’m next”? Why did he get mad when I was with Luhan?

Of course there are obvious explanations as to why, but I didn’t think it was possible. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t notice where I was going. I tripped over something and covered my face, expecting to hit hard ground, but I felt a pair of strong hands hold me by my waist instead.

“You should be more careful! You could’ve hit yourself badly!” I looked up and saw Suho, face full with concern. I straightened up and he let go of my waist.

I smiled at him. “Thank you for saving me there and I promise I’ll be more careful.”

He smiled back. I looked around. I had walked over to where the gazebo is. It was adorned with bright, white lights as well. There were white roses around it as well. It looked like a scene from a romance movie.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Suho.

He looked up at the dark sky, spotted with stars here and there. “I’m just thinking.”

He looked at me and I thought I saw a little bit of sorrow in his eyes. “Come, let’s go and stand in the gazebo.”

I nodded and followed him as he walked up the stairs of the gazebo. When we got there he leaned against the outer rails of the structure and sighed. I stood next to him.

“Is there anything bothering you?” I asked him.

“No, there’s nothing,” he responded without looking at me. I know something’s wrong.

An idea suddenly popped into my head. I didn’t think it was going to work, but it’s worth a try.

I put on my best pout. “Please tell me Suho?” He looked at me and I blinked my eyes cutely. “Please? Buing buing~” I said as I held my hands up to my cheeks, which were balled into fists.  I hope it works. Andrea says I’m good at aegyo and I don’t do it for just anyone!

He blinked, looking confused. I don’t blame him. I don’t do aegyo a lot. He suddenly broke into a smile.

He laughed and pinched my cheeks. “That was so cute! Okay I’ll tell you. You should do aegyo for the other guys! They’d love it!”

I scrunched up my nose, but I was still happy that it worked. I should do aegyo more often! It’s useful!

He stopped laughing and became serious again. “Well I was at the food tables and I witnessed Andrea and Kai kissing. I felt jealous, and it’s all because I have feelings for her.”

My eyes widened. Suho likes Andrea?! He saw my shocked expression and talked quickly.

“Please don’t tell her though. She looks happy when Kai’s around. I don’t think I had a chance in the first place. ”

I nodded. “I promise I won’t tell. Are you going to give up on her though?”

He pondered about it for a few seconds. “Even if I don’t have a chance, I’ll keep on trying.”

I smiled. “Good luck!” I hugged him and he hugged me back. We both chuckled and we stayed silent, looking at the few stars in the sky.

Suho suddenly spoke up. “Before I left, I saw something going on between Luhan and you as well.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me. “Are you guys a couple now?”

I giggled, but then sighed. “I’m not sure. I’m confused.”

“If you want you can tell me about it. I’ll try to help with whatever I can.” He gave me a reassuring smile.

“Luhan has been acting weird, and so has Baekhyun. They’ve been showing more skin ship and smirking and saying weird stuff. It just confuses me all.”

He nodded. “What have they said that’s confusing you?”

“After Luhan kissed me, Baekhyun told me that he didn’t like me being close to Luhan. What confused me the most was that after he said that even though Luhan kissed me first, he’s next.”

Suho smiled. “Has it occurred to you that they both like you?”

I shook my head. “They can’t. Why would they like someone like me?”

Suho turned me to face him. “You’re amazing no matter what anyone says. And your aegyo is so cute!”

I giggled. “Thank you Suho, I really needed someone to talk to.”

“I’ll be here for you, anytime you need to talk. Oh and don’t call me Suho though,” He grinned mischievously, “call me oppa.”

I laughed. “Sure, Suho-oppa~” I grinned.

He looked happy after I said that.

He really is an amazing oppa.