Dreaded Lunch

A High School Year to Remember

 

-Abby’s POV-

 

It was fourth period and I was cautious of my surroundings. I checked the time and my eyes widened. Not long until the lunch bell rings… Andrea grinned widely at my scared expression. She laughed evilly, a mischievous glint noticeable in her hazel eyes. A shrill, loud noise erupted throughout the school and our classmates started to pack away their supplies. I gasped. The lunch bell.

I sat in my seat in shock. Andrea high fived with Baekhyun and Luhan. Luhan came up to me with a devilish smile on his face. “I’ll be waiting for you outside,” he said in a singsong voice. Baekhyun smiled and waved at me sweetly and they both exited the classroom.

Kai held Andrea’s hand. “Let’s go to lunch?” he asked her and smiled sweetly. She shook her head and stuck out her tongue at him. “I’m still mad with you about earlier,” Kai pouted and hugged her tightly. Suho looked at them both glumly. Kai then led her out of the classroom swiftly.

Suho had also started to exit the class room, but before he could, I seized his arm. “D-don’t leave me alone!” I exclaimed. “They’ve planned something evil!” I jabbed a finger in Andrea’s direction accusingly. He chuckled and patted my head.

“Ahem. Students, please exit the classroom. I need to lock the door now,” the teacher, who was currently standing next to the door, said impatiently. I pouted and continued to grip tightly onto Suho’s arm, as if my life depended on it.

We made slow progress towards the door, probably because I was walking at a slow pace on purpose. Once we made it outside, the teacher quickly locked her door. Before she left, I heard her mutter something that sounded like “lazy teenagers that walk slower than turtles”.

 I heard Andrea giggle in the distance. Kai was still hugging her. At the moment, he had kissed her cheek, which made her blush and giggle like a maniac. I raised an eyebrow and grinned.

“Yah Andrea! Why are you so red?” I asked her teasingly. She blushed even more and fumed.

“You,” she pointed a finger at me. “won’t be so lucky in a bit!” she smirked. I gulped and looked around caution. I spotted Baekhyun and Luhan standing at a distance. My eyes widened and I hid behind Suho.

“Baekhyun! Luhan!” Andrea called. They walked towards us, looking surprisingly calm. Baekhyun approached me first. I tried to run away, but he held my by the waist gently. I struggled  to get away from him, but gave up in a few seconds. I pouted and crossed my arms in defeat as he steered me in the direction of the table we always sit on at lunch.

 

-Andrea’s POV-

 

Kai pulled me back into his embrace before I could follow the rest of the guys. “Aww let’s just stay you and me?” he whispered and I felt shivers run down my back.

“I want food,” I said hurriedly and rushed to where Abby was. I was greeted by the sight of Abby being held down gently by both Luhan and Baekhyun. When she would try to get away or protest, they would kiss her on the cheeks and she would blush crimson. I chucked at how cute they looked.

I approached them happily. When Abby saw me, she stuck her tongue out at me and looked away. “Yah puppy are you mad?” I asked. She ignored me and puffed her cheeks. I grinned, I suddenly had an evil idea.

I lightly slapped her cheeks. It made a fart noise and I pretended to be disgusted. “Ew Abby. Hold it in or excuse yourself. Sheesh,”  He mouth gaped open. “I did not!” she exclaimed in outrage. I grinned. “Suuure,”

Luhan rushed to her. “Don’t worry Abby. Even if you did fart I would never leave you,”  Baekhyun then walked forward. “Luhan is right. You’re too much of a treasure to be left behind,” There was a spark of playfulness in his eyes.

He then made a fart noise with his mouth. Abby gasped. Baekhyun, Luhan, and I then started to laugh uncontrollably. We high-fived. Abby was red of rage and embarrassment. She looked very mad at all of us.

Baekhyun grinned and kissed her cheek. “We’re just messing with you. I meant what I said though,” She got even redder if possible and swatted him away. “I’m not forgiving you guys for this!” She huffed and stood up. She narrowed her eyes at us. “I will get my revenge!”

I laughed and shook my head. “Aww you look so cute when you’re mad,” She glared at me, but said nothing. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned to face who it was. I saw Suho, smiling sweetly at me. “Want to go get lunch?”

I nodded shyly. I was still a little nervous around him since we had kissed not long ago. He smiled and interlaced his fingers with mine. “Kaja!” I yelled cheerfully and dragged him to the lunch line.

He chuckled and raised his fist in the air as well. We charged to the lunch line, as if we were soldiers, ready to battle.

“Food!” I yelled enthusiastically and jumped up and down like a five year old. He lightly pinched my cheek, an affectionate gaze fixed on me.

I grinned. “I love being childish. It’s so fun!”

He said nothing, but continued to look at me with a warm smile. I felt myself blush under his gaze. He cupped my face and inched closer to my face. My heartbeat quickened and my stomach felt as though butterflies were flying, lively and excitedly. He caressed my cheek and his eyes started to close. When his face was a few inches away, my eyes fluttered closed.

I then heard someone cough and I pulled away briskly. Jace stood in front of us, arms crossed, eyebrow raised. My face burned hot and I awkwardly waved. “Hey Jace,”

“I knew you guys were dating,” he stated coolly. I turned even more red at his comment.

Suho chuckled and squeezed my shoulders. “Well, that’s her choice,” He looked at me expectantly and Jace frowned.

“What do you mean? You guys aren’t dating?” Jace looked at me and his frown deepened. I know what he’s thinking. He knows I’d never kiss someone unless I was dating them.

I coughed. “I have to um…” I looked around and stepped back a step. “I need to go to the bathroom!” I hastily ran off, leaving Suho and Jace with confused expressions.

 

-Abby’s POV-

>>Meanwhile…<<

 

When Andrea left, I grabbed my backpack and slipped it on rapidly. “I’m going somewhere else,” I announced. I turned to leave, but was stopped by a crushing bear hug by both Luhan and Baekhyun. I gasped in surprise and tried to get out of their grasps. I gave up a few seconds later and sighed.

They steered me back to the table and I sat down. “Oh shoot!” Luhan sat down frantically and rummaged through his backpack. “I forgot to do my homework!” He took out a sheet and proceeded to work on it. He kissed my cheek lightly. “I’ll get back to you when I’m done,”

I pouted out of boredom, but then slowly a grin appeared on my face. I have time to think of a way to get revenge! I stood up and walked away from the table so there was a little bit of distance made. Baekhyun walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

“What are you thinking about?”

“N-nothing,” I blushed at his proximity.

He leaned closer to my face. My eyes widened and he smirked. “Liar,”

I stuck out my tongue at him. “No I’m not,” I huffed.

He pouted cutely. “Aww come on. You can tell me,”

I giggled. “Fine!” I lowered my voice. “I’m getting revenge on Andrea. Want to help me?”

Baekhyun frowned. “Why? Didn’t you like my kisses?”

I blushed crimson. “M-maybe,” My eyes then widened when I realized that I had said that aloud.

He grinned and his face drew nearer. “Do you want me to kiss you again?”

I gulped. Before I even responded, his lips were on mine. His grip on my waist tightened and I looped my arms around his neck. I played with his hair while he traced circles on my back lightly. The kiss got deeper, but I pulled away swiftly when I thought about Luhan being only a few feet away from us. I looked at him and he was busy scribbling on his paper hurriedly.

I sighed in relief and  Baekhyun scowled. I blushed a bit and went back to the table to sit down. Baekhyun also sat down and a few seconds after he did, Andrea approached us with a flushed face.

“Yah! I’m still getting revenge on you three!” I exclaimed.

She sighed. “No need to, Abby,”

I rolled my eyes. “Why not? You all deserve it,” She laid her head on the table dejectedly. Ï poked her. “What’s wrong?”

She sighed. “Suho and Kai…” I nodded, understanding what she meant. “What happened now?”

“Suho almost kissed me and Jace saw. He asked if we were dating and Suho looked at me expectantly. I panicked so I said I had to go the bathroom. Wah Abby!” she whined. “I need to choose…” I nodded. “I do too…” Her shoulders deflated.

“We have a big choice to make…”