Partners

A High School Year to Remember

-Abby's POV-

 

"Hello there new classmate."

I felt myself blush a little. Why is his smile so perfect? I smiled shyly and waved back. Andrea, of course, noticed me blush and started nugding me with her elbow. I swatted her arm and glared at her. She just smirked at me. Oh she is so gonna get it!  I smirked back at her and her eyes widened. She knows that I can get her to blush like a tomato and I wasn't going to hesitate to do so.

"Do you remember me?" I turned around and almost jumped out of my seat. Luhan was very close to me and it caught me off guard. My eyes widened and I coughed awkwardly. I heard Andrea stifle her laughter next to me. Before I could answer, Baekhyun asked while pointing at himself, "You surely remember me, right?" I laughed and nodded. How could I forget?

"Of course I do. We just met this morning,"

Baekhyun smiled. "So then what's my name?"

"Say bacon," Andrea whispered in my ear. I shook my head at her and responded "Baekhyun," He smiled widely and gave me an ok sign. Luhan asked "Do you remember mine?" I was about to respond when Andrea whispered "deer" in my ear. I gave her a questioning look and she said "What? His eyes are big and it looks like he's a deer in headlights." I chuckled and hit her lightly on the head. I turned to Luhan and responded, "Yeah. Your name is Luhan," He smiled and started paying attention to the class, so I did the same. Apparently, we were to find a partner and learn stuff about them. I automatically smiled and looked at Andrea. She smiled back, but soon our smiles faded when we heard the teacher's last sentence.

"You are to find someone you do not know for this project." I groaned and so did Andrea. Great! Now who am I supposed to partner up with? I'm so awkward with people I don't know!

I looked around the class and saw people already starting to partner up. I felt someone tap my shoulder. Great let the awkwardness begin. I turned around and saw Luhan in front of me. 

"Want to be my partner?" He asked while flashing a killer smile. I nodded blankly and he sat down next me. I hadn't noticed that Andrea had left. I searched for her and saw her sitting in back of us with Kai. She caught my gaze and I motioned Kai with my hands. Her eyes widened and she went back to talking with him. I chuckled and turned around to face Luhan.

He gave me a worksheet that the teacher had passed out and I looked at it. It had simple questions like "What's your partner's favorite color?" and a space next to it to write down the answer.

"So what's your favorite color?" Luhan asked. 

"Blue," I responded. He wrote it on his paper. I was about to ask his favorite color when he asked me another question.

"What's your favorite subject?" 

"Uhm science." He quickly wrote down the answer and he kept asking me questions. In the end I hadn't really asked him much. The only things I had written down were that he liked singing and dancing a lot, he was very good at solving the rubix cube, and he played soccer. I looked at his paper and saw it completely filled in.

"Alright students, I am now going to be calling on a few of you to stand up tell the class the information you wrote down about your partner," I looked at Andrea and saw her tense up in her seat at the mention of having to stand up in front of the class. I didn't really like the prospect of having to stand up in front of the class either, but I could handle it. Andrea, on the other hand, hates having people stare and look at her. It makes her uncomfortable and she starts to stutter on her words.

I hope she'll be alright if she gets called on..

 

-Andrea's POV-

 

I smiled when I saw Luhan come up to ask Abby to be his partner. She's usually very cold to people and doesn't blush because of anything, but apparently that doesn't count when it comes to a handsome guy like Luhan. While they were talking I got out of my seat so that Luhan could sit there. I looked around and just stood there. Someone has to come and ask me to be their partner right? I'm too lazy to ask someone myself. Aish Abby's laziness has rubbed off on me. 

"Are you just gonna stand there?" I hadn't noticed that Kai was in front of me because of my thinking. How long has he been there? I hope I didn't have a weird look on my face while I was zoned out.. 

"Yeah I guess so," I said blankly.

He chuckled. "Well I don't have a partner and it looks like you don't either so wanna partner up?"

"Yeah sure." 

We sat down behind Abby and Deerhan *Yeah that's my nickname for him and Baekhyun will be Bacon from now on* and started the project. I looked up and Abby was looking at me. She started to motion Kai with her hands and I knew that she was trying to get me embarrased. Well she's lucky because it started working. I quickly started talking to Kai to avoid blushing like a maniac.

"So what are your hobbies?" I asked him.

"I love dancing. I know all kinds of dances," I nodded and wrote down his answer.

"What about your hobbies?" He asked. 

"Well I love to play soccer and I did wrestling for a bit." His eyes widened at me mentioning wrestling. I get that reaction from guys a lot.

"Well then I'll be careful not to make you mad," He said playfully while smiling.

I laughed and slapped his arm lightly. He acted dramatic by holding onto his arm and saying that he was in pain. I laughed and he started to laugh too.

We talked a lot after that. He said his favorite colors were black, red, and sky blue and that someday he'd like to be a singer. I wouldn't be suprised if in a year or two I see him on Youtube, dancing and singing with the other guys. 

Soon the teacher quieted the class and stood in front of the class.

"Alright students, I am now going to be calling on a few of you to stand up tell the class the information you wrote down about your partner,"

I tensed up when I heard the teacher say this. I guess Kai noticed me tense up because he tried to comfort me.

"Don't worry. If you get called up you'll do great. I'll even stand up with you if it makes you feel better." He said and smiled.

"Would you really do that?" 

He gave me a reassuring smile. "Yeah, I promise."

"Okay I will now be calling people up," the teacher announced. "Abby? Where is Abby?" I heard Abby groan and mutter a cuss word. She really doesn't like doing these things. She raised her hand lazily, as if she didn't have a care in the world. I never really see this side of her very often. Her "cool" side. She never uses it when we're around, only when she's alone or in class, so it's really weird for me to see her like that. She had her earphones drapped around her neck, she wore a black and gold studded bracelet and a white ring shaped like a flower that was made out of beads. She got up with a look on her face that said "I really don't care about this so stop talking" and crossed her arms in front of her chest. She really did look like a person who'd beat you up if you even tried to talk to her.

"Yah, you know your friend looks pretty scary, scarrier than you even," Kai said.

"Yeah I agree," I said while nodding.

"Tell us what you learned about your partner." the teacher requested. She looked at her paper and sighed.

Luhan stood up before she could say anything. "Excuse me teacher, but can I go instead of Abby? I'm her partner and I was asking her a lot of questions so she really couldn't write down that much about me. I'm sorry," he then gave the teacher a blinding smile. The teacher nodded, looking dazed. I can't blame her, I think I'd be the same. 

Abby just sat down and crossed her legs while resting her head on her hands, which were crossed on the desk in front of her.

"Okay well this is what I learned about Abby, my partner," Luhan began "Her favorite color is blue. She played violin for four years. She did hula and hip hop dancing for a while. Her hobbies are drawing and cooking. She traveled to Mexico for a year and studied abroad there as well. She owns two cats, one named Kikis, the other named Charlie. And that's it." He sat down and the teacher praised him.

"Very well done Luhan. I will give you both points for the project," She wrote down something in her notebook and looked at a list with the names of the class.

"Ok, now is Andrea's turn." Wait what?! Abby turned to look at me and looked worried. I looked at Kai and he looked worried as well. 

The class looked at me expectantly so I stood up. Kai stood up as well.

"Hmm," the teacher looked at her list "Kai why are you standing up as well?"

Kai looked at the teacher. "Well my partner gets nervous while being in front of the class so I'd like to stand up with her so she won't feel bad." The teacher nodded

"Very well then. Begin"

I started feeling sick to my stomach. I looked at the paper and took a deep breath. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around. Kai smiled at me and motioned for me to start reading. Some how I didn't feel as nervous anymore. Kai made me feel reassured. I read about Kai and I only stuttered once. It suprised me and Abby looked shocked as well. She smiled at me anyways and gave me a thumbs up.

We both sat back down and the teacher wrote down our scores. Kai turned to face me and grinned. 

"Good job, partner," He said. I grinned back.

So far this is a pretty good day..