Mystery Person

A High School Year to Remember

 

-Andrea’s POV-

 

I found myself walking down a street on a chilly afternoon. I had on a warm jacket and a cute beanie to match. I also had on furry, high-heeled boots. The sun was setting, coloring the sky a warm red, orange, and yellow.

How can the sun setting be so pretty, but it’s so chilly! I thought as I crossed a busy intersection. I could tell it was around fall because the trees were shades of light brown and blazing orange and intense red. A leaf swirled passed me as I made my way to my destination and I smiled at the beautiful scenery.

For some reason, I didn’t know where I was going, but I had a feeling that at the same time, I knew exactly where I was going. I had a sense of recognition and not one of being lost.

I stopped in front of a small, warm looking café. I entered and stood in line to order. The cashier was an old lady, of about sixty years old. The line soon dispersed and it was my turn to order. The lady smiled a gummy smile when she saw me.

“Ah Andrea. Back already I see,” She chided.

I found myself smiling and I bowed politely. “Yeh Ahjumma,”

She looked around, as if she was looking for someone in particular. “Where’s your handsome companion? He always comes here with you,” she winked.

I blushed lightly. “He told me to meet up with him here. He’ll be here soon,”

Ahjumma nodded. “So what would you like?” she gestured at the menu. She tapped her chin. “Or would you like what you regularly order?”

I grinned and nodded like a little kid. She smiled fondly at me. “One chocolate bubble tea coming right up!”

I paid and sat down next to a window. I stared out at the autumn sky while chewing on tapioca bubbles. A few minutes had past and I noticed a presence next to me.

 I turned around and saw a boy around my age smiling at me. He was holding a strawberry bubble tea and was sipping on it. For some reason, his face was blurry in my eyes. I could see some of his facial features, but I couldn’t see well enough to know who the person was.

He smiled at me. “You look cute when you zone out,” he tapped my nose lightly.

I smiled and stuck my tongue out at him. I turned to face him. “So why did you want to meet me here?”

He shrugged. “Do I have to have a reason to want to meet up with my girlfriend?”

I rolled my eyes and giggled. “You’re so weird,”

He chuckled. “And yet you still agreed to be mine,” he said cutely. He kissed my cheek lightly and I felt my insides melt. My cheeks burned hot.

He took my hand and stood up. “Let’s walk around?” I nodded and we proceeded to exit the café. I turned and waved at Ahjumma. “Good bye Ahjumma! We’ll be back soon!”

She smiled. “You kids have fun! And take care of her mister!”

My ‘boyfriend’ laughed and looked at me intensely. “I promise I will, Ahjumma!”

We ran out of the café and I laughed happily. The guy next to me made me feel happy, safe, and protected even though I didn’t know who he was. Something inside me told me that I actually did know who he was.

I stopped and turned to him. I played with my fingers nervously. “I don’t know how to ask this, but who are you?”

He stopped and smiled. He enveloped me in a warm, tight hug. I felt fuzziness and warmth spread all over my body.

He pulled away from the hug, but still held onto my waist. For what seemed like a minute, he didn’t respond or say anything. He then smiled brightly again.

“I am who you choose me to be.”