The Decision

A High School Year to Remember

 

-Abby’s POV-

 

From: Abby   To: Baekhyunnie, Little Dear

Please meet me at the park near my house in 15 minutes.

 

I sighed and stuffed my phone into my jeans pocket. It was a bright, sunny Sunday afternoon. I’ve finally made my decision, but I don’t feel as happy as I should be… Why? Because I don’t want to hurt either of them. They’re so sweet and caring towards me, but I can’t stall this decision any longer…

I exited my house after telling my parents that I wouldn’t be back for a little while, and walked on the cracked cement sidewalk. I kicked a rock and raised my head to face the sun. I closed my eyes as the warm rays hit my face. I puffed my cheeks and continued to walk.

Soon, the park came into view. A big arc made of wood with vines winding and overlapping each other marked the entrance. The vines sprouted bright pink and white flowers and the wooden arc was a pale white.

My heart started to beat a little faster once passing the entrance. I was walking across the extensive field when I felt my phone vibrate twice.

From: Baekhyunnie    To: Abby

I’m here! Meet me at the fish pond! ^^

 

From: Little Dear    To: Abby

Heya~ I’m sitting close to the gardens!

Meet me here, jagiya~

Both their messages made me smile and my heart clenched a little when I remembered why I told them to meet me here. Who should I tell the news first?

I found myself walking towards the fish pond, my heart doing little flips the whole way there.  I reached the pond and saw Baekhyun knelt next to the pond with a stick in his hand, playing with the water. He puffed his cheeks cutely and I giggled at his cuteness.

He heard and turned to face me. “Abby!” A smile enlightened his face as he walked towards me. He pulled me into a quick hug and looked at me. “Why did you tell me to meet you here?”

I pulled away from his hug and looked towards the ground. “I-I’ve made my decision,” I said softly. He raised my face gently to look at him. He wasn’t smiling anymore and his face was unreadable.

I pulled him into a tight hug, which took him by surprise. “I’m sorry,” I murmured. I looked at his face and a lone tear streamed down his cheek.

 I wiped the tear away and hugged him again. “Don’t cry, please. It breaks my heart thinking that I’m the reason why you’re crying,”

He nodded and a forced smile appeared on his face. “For you, I’ll be strong,” He my hair repeatedly and there was only silence for a while.

“I already knew I didn’t have much of a chance since you seemed to like Luhan from the start,” He sighed. “I’m fine with you choosing him. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy”

“We’re still friends right?” I asked.

He chuckled and pushed my head back lightly. “Of course we are!”

I smiled and nodded. “Thank you for being so understanding,” I hugged him once more.

He chuckled and pulled away from the hug. He pushed me lightly. “Now go on, missy. Luhan is probably waiting,”

I nodded. “I’ll see you soon, Baekhyunnie,” He waved back. With that, I turned and left.

 

-Baekhyun’s POV-

 

I watched her leave and the fake smile I had worn vanished. I sat down next to the pond dejectedly and watched the colorful array of fishes swim around.

I sighed. From the start I knew that Luhan would win. I didn’t think it would hurt this much, but for her, I will accept this and move on. That’s what she would hope for me. I won’t be bitter, I will respect her decision.

Birds chirped and there were only few people walking around the pond. I looked in the direction that she had headed towards.

“I just hope you know that I’m here for you, always,”

 

-Abby’s POV-

 

I felt that a heavy weight had been lifted off my chest. I still felt bad for causing Baekhyun to cry, but I had to do this decision sooner or later. I looked in the direction of the fish pond.

“I hope you know that I’m still here for you. Maybe as just a friend, but I’m still here,”

I continued to walk, this time in the direction of the gardens. Roses, tulips, sunflowers, and a lot of other flowers came into view. I looked around and saw only a few other couples and people just walking around. I pouted. Did he leave already?

I gasped when someone covered my eyes and thoughts started rushing into my head. Am I getting kidnapped? Am I being robbed? Am I going to get killed?

I did the first thing that I thought of. I jabbed my elbow into the person behind me. I ran a few steps forward and turned around to see the culprit. My eyes widened when I saw that Luhan holding onto his stomach.

“Yah, was that necessary?” he groaned.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!” I went towards him and helped him to a bench that wasn’t far away from us.

He sat down and I sat next to him. “Are you ok?” I asked, full of concern.

He nodded. “Yeah, but you hit pretty hard,” he chuckled.

I pushed his head back lightly. “Yah, you scared me! I thought someone was going to kill me!”

He grinned. “Well if someone was going to kill you, I’d be here to protect you, so don’t worry,”

I laughed. “Yeah right, we’d end up both dead then,”

He pouted. “Yah! Do you doubt my awesome skills?” He flexed his arms and sat up straight.

 I stifled a laugh. “What skills?” I grinned. “I just hit you right now and I had to help you over to this bench,”

“I just didn’t want to use my moves on you since you would end up hurt,” he shrugged. I rolled my eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

“So why did you tell me to meet you here? Couldn’t wait until Monday to see me?” he smiled a goofily.

I giggled and played around with my fingers. “Well I just wanted to let you know that I made my decision,”

His large, doe eyes widened even more. “Who is it?”

For a bit I didn’t answer. How can I say this right? I then scooted closer to him and cupped his face. He looked at me in shock.

“You,” I said softly. I kissed him and he kissed back, a sweet, innocent kiss in which we poured out all our feelings into. We both smiled into the kiss, like the first kiss we had shared. A minute later, we pulled away for air and he caressed my cheek softly.

He smiled a cute, angelic smile and hugged me. “Words can’t describe how happy I feel right now,”

I smiled. “Same goes for me,” I felt butterflies in my stomach and an overall elated feeling. I looked up at the sky; the sun shining bright, the pastel blue sky, the perfect white, fluffy-looking clouds. I sighed contentedly.

"I’ve made the right decision."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

o: Finally the decision!

Don't worry Bacon lovers, I will be doing an individual fanfic for him ^^

There will be 2 more chapters and then this story comes to an end!

I have started my Lay fanfic with my co-author & bestie Crazygirl101.

 It's called:

The City of Darkness [click]

Check it out! ^^