A Boring Summer Day

A High School Year to Remember

-Abby's POV-

 

I looked at my calender and sighed. There was one day left of summer vacation. I don't like school. It's not because of studying, it's because I'm a complete loner. Okay I do have a few friends I talk to, but other than that I'm alone.

I sighed again. We're now entering high school. We're gonna be freshmen. More like fresh meat.

I have to admit, I'm pretty nervous about entering high school. Of course it's like any other school, but there will be more people there.

What if they don't like me? What if I get bullied because I'm a freshman? 

I do that a lot. Worry and doubt. My friends know that I'm very negative about everything. I always think about the bad things before the good ones.

I looked through the clothes in my drawers. Hmm what should I wear the first day? Like it matters, you'll look bad anyways.

*BEEP BEEP* 

I looked at my phone's screen.

1 New Message From Cassie

I smiled. Cassie was one of the only friends I had. She had a very crazy and out-going personality, she's the opposite of me. Sometimes I wonder how we're bestfriends. I unlocked the screen and laughed when I read her message.

From: Cassie   To: Abby

WHAT'S UP MAH BESTIE?!

I sat on my bed and started a conversation with her.

From: Abby    To: Cassie

Nothing Much :) What about you? I MISS YOU MAH BESTIE!

From: Cassie   To: Abby

Just texting you and eating some chips.

I miss you too!

We should hang out!

From: Abby   To: Cassie

Yeah great idea!

What about a sleepover?

Let's invite Andrea!

From: Cassie   To: Abby

Alright text her!

Andrea is also one of my closest friends. She's also really loud and crazy when you get to know her. I wonder what she's doing right now?

 

-Andrea's POV-

 

UGH. I'm so bored! I thought as I sat on the couch in my living room. I don't have very much to do at my house since I live with only my Mom, my Grandma, (Who sometimes annoys me A LOT), my uncle, and my dog Red.

I picked up my phone and thought of calling one of my friends, but who?

Abby of course!!

I dialed her number and she picked up on the first ring. (A/N: Green-Andrea, Turquoise-Abby)

"HEYYY!"

"UGH! You're so loud!"

I laughed at her response and kept on talking.

"So we should hang out?"

"Yeah!

I was just gonna text you about hanging out with me and Cassie!"

"Alright where to?"

"Hmm to the mall?"

"Sounds good!

Then we can have a sleep over after!"

"Alright! Meet you there!"

I hung up and went to my room to get ready. Yay! Finally something to do!

I put on foundation and brushed my hair quickly.

"Mom! I'm going out with Cassie and Abby, so can I have money?" I screamed.

"Alright, do you need me to drop you off?" My mom screamed back.

"Yeah. We're going to the mall!"

I ran out with my phone and the money my mom handed me and got into the car. Soon we got to the mall and the first thing I saw was Cassie and Abby being the weirdos they are.

"ANDREA!!" Was the first thing I heard when I stepped out of the car. Cassie and Abby came running to me and they both attacked me with a huge hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I said.

"I missed you too, Umma!" Abby said with her aegyo. Seriously how can guys not notice her? She's so cute! 

"Yeah Umma, we missed you!" Cassie shouted. I laughed because they both reffered to me as their Umma.

"Well then let's go shopping!" I shouted with my fist in the air. We walked in and Cassie wanted to go to all the stores. Abby and I were walking slow since we aren't really the shopping type of girls.

"Remind me why I came here?" Abby asked with a bored expression.

"I don't even know why I came either." I sighed as we followed Cassie into yet another shop.

After what felt like hours of shopping (Mostly groaning and trudging behind Cassie) we parted ways. It was a day before school so Cassie's mom didn't let her sleep over, but Abby's mom did.

We drived over to Abby's house so she could get her stuff for tomorrow, then we went to my house.

We did what most people do at a sleep over: eat like pigs and talk about random stuff.

"How do you think our first year in high school will be?" I asked Abby.

"I guess it'll be like any other school year. The only thing that'll change is there will be more people" She responded.

"Yeah I guess so."

Soon it was time for us to go to sleep, since we were gonna wake up early tomorrow. Abby wrapped her blanket around herself tightly and covered her face. I laughed at her weird habits, turned off the light and lied down on the floor next to her.

Well I guess Abby is right, so I shouldn't be nervous. Just another boring school year...