Mystery Person Revealed

A High School Year to Remember

 

 

-Andrea’s POV-

 

“Hey!” Abby waved cheerfully and smiled. I raised an eyebrow at her since she was never like this in the mornings. It was a slightly chilly Monday morning and it was around seven-fifteen. Abby had walked to my house and was standing at my door.

She laughed and grinned. “Are you just going to stand there and stare? I know I’m beautiful, but please no staring.”

“You wish!” I rolled my eyes and exited the house. A burst of cold air hit me and I shivered. I pulled my jacket tighter around me and we walked our regular route.

“By the way,” I turned to look at Abby. “Why are you so happy today?”

She smiled and looked at the sky, as if remembering sweet memories. “You’ll see.” The rest of the way we walked in silence. I was pondering over what could be the reason that made Abby so content. Without me noticing, we had already arrived at the gas station where we meet the boys in the morning.

“Abby!” Luhan yelled ecstatically and enveloped her in a hug. She giggled as he twirled her around twice and kissed her on the cheek lightly. Baekhyun looked a little down, but he smiled and waved at me, nonetheless. She kissed him on the cheek as well and they intertwined their hands together.

Suho and Kai walked towards us. Kai massaged his temples. “Finally, you guys get here. Luhan wouldn’t stop talking about seeing his girlfriend.”

My eyes widened. “Girlfriend?!” I automatically turned to look at Abby and she looked back with wide eyes.

“Surprise?” She shrugged and grinned. I charged toward her and she squealed. She tried to run away, but I caught her easily.

I dragged her a few feet away from the guys and looked at her with a serious face. “Ok, now talk.”

“Well to summarize most of it, I had a dream that told me I should choose Luhan and, in fact, I think I wanted to choose him from the first place.” She blew a stray hair from her face and continued. “I called both Baekhyun and Luhan on Saturday and I told them who I chose. So now we’re dating.”

She beamed at the last part and I softened. She looked genuinely happy, her face brightening when she talked about him.

I sighed and ruffled her hair. “I’m glad you made your decision, puppy.” She pouted and fixed her hair.

When she finished fixing her hair, her cute smile appeared again and she nodded. “I am too.” She looked around. The guys were looking at us curiously. “Let’s go back now, shall we?”

I nodded and we made our way towards them. “Just one more thing,” Abby looked at me in curiosity and waited for me to continue. “Don’t be mushy or I’ll have to separate you both.”

She grinned. “I hate being mushy, but I won’t promise anything.”

 

Nothing eventful happened during the first four periods of school. The whole day I wondered who I should choose, the dream with the mysterious person replaying in my mind. It was a few minutes before lunch and I was still lost in my own thoughts.

The bell rang and we exited the classroom. I pulled Abby away from Luhan with much protest and sighed.

“Who should I choose?”

She shrugged. “Let your heart show you the way.”

I nodded and closed my eyes. All the outside noise seemed to fade away and at first all I could see were the backs of my eyelids.

“Let your heart show you the way.” I whispered softly.

In my head, images began to flow like a slideshow at full speed. Kai’s flirtatious smile, Suho’s warm gaze, the day I kissed Suho at the mall, the day Kai kissed me at the masquerade ball. All of the images faded and I saw only one image left. I gasped and my eyes fluttered open.

“Are you alright?” Abby asked, concerned.

I nodded. “I’m fine,” I looked at her. “I think I’ve made my decision.”

Her eyes widened. “Don’t tell me who it is just yet,” She lightly pushed me and gave me an encouraging smile. “Go tell them.”

I nodded and Luhan automatically ran to Abby’s side once I left. “Sheesh. He’s so clingy.” I muttered and looked for the rest of the guys.

I spotted Suho seated at our regular table. No one else was there so I approached him. His lips curled up into a smile and he waved when he saw me.

“Hey Andrea!”

I smiled. “Hi Suho. Can I talk to you?”

He looked confused, but nodded. “Sure, about what?”

I bit my lip. “Well I don’t know how to really say this, but I choose you.” I said quickly.

His eyes widened and he didn’t say anything. He slowly pointed at himself. “Me?”

I chuckled. “Yes, you.”

He grinned and l rose to his feet. “I never thought I would hear you say that.”

He hugged me tightly and I smiled. I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent, of sunshine and a bright, fresh day.

He pulled away and kissed me, so suddenly, it caught me off guard. His lips were soft and warm and I kissed him back. I felt sparks fly like fireworks. His hands were on my back and he gently pushed me closer to him as I ran my fingers through his silky, soft hair.

A minute later, he broke the kiss for air and beamed. He looked at me with a soft gaze. “I’ve wanted to do that so much.”

I laughed. “You should have done that sooner.”

I rested my heat on his chest and sighed. “I have to tell Kai.” I felt him tense a little, but he nodded and let me go.

I pecked his lips lightly. “I’ll be right back.”

I walked around the quad and spotted Kai seated under a huge oak tree. He looked angelic as he rested his head against the tree with his eyes closed.

I sat next to him and he opened his eyes. He smiled contentedly and hugged me. I hugged him back, but pulled away more quickly than usual.

He frowned. “Is there something wrong?”

I shook my head. “No, nothing’s wrong. I just came here to tell you something.”

He nodded and I stood up. “I made my decision.” He looked at me with a questioning look. “I’m sorry.” I muttered and looked at the floor.

In seconds he stood up and strode towards me. He held onto my wrists tightly and I gasped in pain.

“You chose him?!” He spat venomously. I looked at his eyes and they were burning with hate, but there was also a spark of sadness.

“I-I’m sorry.” I tried to get out of his grasp, but he held on tighter.

“Why?!” He yelled in frustration.

Before I could answer, he pulled me into a forceful kiss. The kiss was full of urgency and desperation. I no longer felt the sparks I did when he kissed me before. I pulled away and frowned.

“Why are you being like this?” I shouted.

He broke out of his trance and stepped back abruptly, as though I had shocked him. “I-I didn’t mean to. Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.” His eyes were pleading, the spark of sadness still present.

I looked at my wrists. They were ringed with red and burned slightly. “It’s alright. Do you want me to answer your question?” He sighed and nodded.

“My heart showed me who I truly want to be with. You’re a really great person, but I think Suho is the one for me.”

He nodded and didn’t meet my eyes. “Can we still be friends?”

“Of course!” I exclaimed and hugged him. He hugged me back and we stayed like that for a few minutes.

I pulled away from the embrace and looked around. “Well I better get going and look for Abby. Will you be staying here?”

He nodded. “I think I’ll just stay here for a while.”

“Be happy, yeah?” I asked.

He smiled lighty. “I’ll try.”

 

-Kai’s POV-

 

Once she left, I slumped back against the tree and closed my eyes to prevent the tears from spilling out. I sighed. My heart felt as though it were broken into tiny, glass pieces.

I opened my eyes and willed myself to be strong. It hurt to think that I’m not the one to be able to hold her and make her happy. A lone leaf had fallen from the oak tree and swirled down onto my head. I held it in my hands and twirled it around.

As long as she’s happy, that’s all that matters.

 

-Andrea’s POV-

 

I walked back towards our table. On the way, my mind raced with thoughts. I know Kai didn’t mean to hurt me and I hope that we can still be good friends. I don’t want him to feel sad or angry because of me. All I want is for all of us to be happy.

I thought of Suho and me kissing. I smiled and closed my eyes, the cold breeze tickling my face. My mystery person has been revealed.

I’m glad with my decision.