Kyuhyun's Story

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Your POV

Me – Green

Sungmin – Pink

 

After Kyuhyun left the café, I rushed over to the petrified Donghae who is still in pain due to the punched in the stomach.

“Are you okay? Do you need to see a doctor?” I suggested worriedly to Donghae while patting his back. Donghae looked up at me and shook his head, forcing a smile on his face.

 

This time, this incident really aroused my anger in me.

“What’s up with him? Why does he treat Donghae like that? Did Donghae even provoke him in any way? I ranted furiously.

 

“Actually, Kyuhyun was not like this in the past…”

Sungmin explained to me as he slowly sat on the chair. I too, sat down on the chair beside him:

“I knew Kyuhyun when I was in kindergarten. We were best friends then. In the past, Kyuhyun was a really out-going guy and everyone loved to befriend with him. Until one day, his mother suddenly pass away when he was only 7 years old. Kyuhyun could not accept the fact that his mother was gone. She was the most important person in Kyuhyun’s life.”

When I heard Kyuhyun’s past, it reminded me of my life. The most important people of my life were also not around any more.

 

Sungmin continued, “Ever since, Kyuhyun became very quiet and was unwilling to mix with other people. At that time, I tried all means to comfort him but he was still very sad about it. Few months after Kyuhyun’s mother death, Kyuhyun’s father remarried to a young lady.”

I noticed Sungmin’s eyes started to water as he saying about Kyuhyun’s past.

 

“Kyuhyun’s stepmother not only detested Kyuhyun, she even abused him by scolding and hitting him everyday without Kyuhyun’s father knowing about it. Since then, Kyuhyun became more and more unsociable. I tried to help Kyuhyun about this matter by telling my parents about it, but they did not believe me. “

Sungmin said while trying hard to hold back his tears. I patted on Sungmin’s back to comfort him.

 

“One day, when it was Kyuhyun’s 13th birthday, he found his mother’s dairy under the bed. After reading the dairy, Kyuhyun then found out that his mother committed suicide because his father was having a mistress outside. His mother could not accept the fact and thus ended her life by jumping down from their house. Because of this, Kyuhyun suddenly had great changes in his personality. He started to be very aggressive towards the people around him. Almost everyday, Kyuhyun would be involved in multiple fights with the classmates.”

Sungmin pause for a while and sniffed his nose.

“All this while, I had been trying to convince him to stop acting violently, giving him support, hoping to ease the pain in his heart. But… I… I… failed…”

A single drop of tear welled up from the corner of Sungmin’s eyes and all of a sudden, the dam broke.

Sungmin could not hold in his tears anymore then started crying.

I hugged Sungmin tightly to calm him down.

 

After a few moments, I let go of Sungmin slowly form the hug.

Sungmin wiped away his tears and continue to speaking.

“Even though his stepmother divorced with his father when Kyuhyun was 15, the abusing from his stepmother had already left a trauma inside Kyuhyun. When Kyuhyun first came into Sapphire Academy, he found out that Donghae was the nephew of his stepmother. I think he targeted Donghae because he wanted to ‘take revenge’.”

 

Upon hearing this, I understand why Kyuhyun have such a violent personality.

When Kyuhyun was abused by his stepmother, he did not have the strength to retaliate back. Now, since he had grown up, he has a fear in him that people would treat him the same way as how his step-mother treats him. He reacted violently to the people around him because he didn’t want to be hurt by them first.

 

“We have to help Kyuhyun to recover from his trauma in order to rescue Donghae from all this sufferings.”

I decided. I forced out a smile and patted both Sungmin’s and Donghae’s back.

“Don’t worry, we will think of a plan to help Kyuhyun to overcome this shadow in his heart.”

Sungmin nodded with his head still hanging low while Donghae just gave me an are-you-sure look.

 

Sungmin and Donghae sent me back home as usual before heading to their home.

 

I can’t bear to see Donghae and Sungmin suffering. They are my first and best friends in the school. Looking at Sungmin cry, I think he feel bad and guilty for being able to help Kyuhyun. I have to do something to help the three of them. I MUST. 

==================================================================================

Sorry for the late update.

What do you think of my latest chapter?

Personally, I feel that my story seems to get worser and worser each chapter. hahaa, I can't really express myself well due to the language. BUT, I will try my best to improve on it. :)

If you have any comments on my story, feel free to comment below. I will try my hardest to get better.

Thank you very much for reading my story! :)

@AliceHue : Hello!  Thanks for the comment! I will be updating everyday. So, hope you enjoy! :)

@Kang_Sara : SUNGMIN <3

@Shelties : SUNGMIN IS MY NO.1 BIAS TOO! :)