:(

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

NEXT DAY

Your POV

(Did I mention that yesterday was a Friday? So today is Saturday. This means there’s NO SCHOOL!)

Kyuhyun and Sungmin went home after eating their breakfast at my house.

Donghae and I wash the dishes before heading to the living room to watch television.

 

SKIP TO EVENING TIME

*DING DONG*

“I will get it!” Donghae jumped over the sofa and ran to the door.

I looked over to the door to see who it is.

“Annyeonghaseyo. (Hello in Korean)” Donghae bowed to that person.

“Annyeonghaseyo, may I know whether Kathleen Lee is in?”

“Kathleen-ah, a man is looking for you!” Donghae shouted across the living room.

I got up from the couch and went towards the door.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I am Kathleen Lee.” I said as I bowed politely to him.

The man then handed me a card. “This is my name card. My name is Choi Siwon. I am Mary Lee’s lawyer.”

“Oh…” I took the name card from him and invited him into the house.

 

LIVING ROOM

“Mr Choi, may I know what can I do for you?” I asked as I sat on the couch.

Donghae went to the kitchen to get some beverage for Mr Choi.

“It’s about your aunt. She just passed away yesterday.”

“WHAT!?” I yelled in shock as I stood up. “DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?”

“Please calm down, Ms Lee. I know it is very sudden for you.” Mr Choi attempted to calm me down with his gestures. (You know Siwon’s BIG gestures)

(Pretend that he is not smiling so cheerfully)

 

Donghae gripped my shoulders and pull me back to the seat.

 

Mr Choi started to explain:

The country, Aunt Mary went, recently had an outbreak of diseases due to the great amount of dead bodies all around that area. Unfortunately, Aunt Mary was infected with that disease. A few days before Aunt Mary’s death, she had contacted her lawyer to set a will.

In her will, she stated that she will leave all her assets and properties to me, Kathleen Lee.

 

I started crying out before he could finish.

 

“This is a copy of the will that Mary Lee had made. Please sign here to acknowledge this will, Ms Lee.” Mr Choi handed me the document.

I signed the paper as I was still weeping away.

 

Donghae walked Mr Choi to the door while I’m still crying on the couch.

 

Donghae’s POV

Eotteohke? (How in Korean) Kathleen must be so devastated over her Aunt’s sudden death.

How can I console her?

 

Your POV

I hung my head low. A flood of tears gushed down my pale cheeks uncontrollably.

I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around me. I looked up and saw Donghae embracing me.

“Don’t worry, I will be here for you. Just cry it all out…” Donghae whispered in my ears as he tightens the hug.

I wailed harder, staining his shirt with my tears.

 

Nobody’s POV

Donghae doesn’t mind it even when his shirt is all wet. He just wanted to make Kathleen feel better.

 

After an hour of crying, Kathleen was so tired that she fell asleep in Donghae’s arm.

Donghae carried the sleeping Kathleen up to her room and tucked her in bed.

 

Donghae’s POV

I was about to stand up when suddenly, Kathleen grabbed my hand.

“Don’t leave me…” Kathleen murmured.

 

Is she asking me to stay? I looked at her confusedly.

 

“Aunt Mary… I’m scared… Don’t leave me like how daddy and mummy did. You are the only kin I have now…” Kathleen continued. She closed her eyes tightly, as if she was going to cry again.

 

Without any thinking, I quickly lay on her bed and hugged her.

“Don’t be scared, I will be here with you…” I said to her. She calmed down a little and slept peacefully in my arms.

 

I looked down and noticed that her face was just a few centimetres away from my face.

Her eyes had become swollen from all the crying. I kissed both of her eyes lightly.

 

Don’t worry... I must protect you forever… I hug her tighter before falling asleep beside her.

 

===========================================================================

 

Dear readers, please continue to vote in the poll. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)