Hug

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Your POV

The time during class passes so slowly.

I laid my head on the table, thinking about the incident that happened just now…..

 

“Kathleen-ah...” Donghae shook me. “Are you okay?”

I nodded without lifting up my head.

“I cannot hang out with Sungmin and you after school today.”

“Why?” I lifted my head and looked at him.

“I have er…. some urgent family matters to attend to…” Donghae stuttered.

“Okay then. “

Donghae normally don’t talk about his family. So I didn’t continue probing.

 

Finally, it was the end of school.

 

Donghae left immediately after the school bell rang.

 

“Sungmin oppa, are you ready to go?” I walked towards Sungmin’s seat in the class.

“Ya, Let me…”

“Oppa! Let’s go to the amusement park! It had been a long time since we went out together!” One of the girls pouted at Sungmin. The girls in the class started to crowd around Sungmin, pushing me away.

“But I...” The girls started to drag Sungmin out of the class before he can even finish his sentence.

 

Sungmin turned and showed me and unwilling face(?). 

Unwilling face of Sungmin

 

I sighed as I looked at Sungmin being dragged away by the girls.

 

I took a stroll by the river nearby our school as I did not want to head home so early since Aunt Mary wasn’t around.

 

As I was admiring the views of the river, I saw a figure sitting along the river, in a crouching position.

I slowly went closer towards that figure and realized that it was Kyuhyun. 

 

For a moment, I did not know how to react.

Should I just leave him alone or should I apologize to him about my actions just now?

 

Just as I was still deciding, Kyuhyun suddenly turned his head and locked eyes with me.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

Aishi, must be Sungmin hyung who told her about my past. Why must she remind me about my past? I HATE MY PAST!

 

I sat down hugging my knees by the river, trying hard to hold my tears.

All of a sudden, I saw a shadow casting on me. I looked up then saw Kathleen standing in front of me.

 

Your POV

I stared at Kyuhyun for a while before I managed to squeeze some words out of my mouth.

 

“Annyong Kyuhyun….” I said while approaching him slowly.

 

“Do I know you very well?” Kyuhyun retorted at me, facing his back at me.

 

“I… I…” I sat down beside him, still leaving a distance apart from him.

“I heard from Sungmin oppa about you...” Kyuhyun ignored me. He got up and was about to walk away.

 

“I can understand your feelings! Let me help you!” I exclaimed to him while standing up too.

 

He looked down at me with his watery eyes.

“NO! YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND MY FEELINGS! YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER PERSON WHO THINKS YOU CAN TRY TO CONTROL ME!”

 

I felt my heart sank when he said that. I ran up to him and I hugged him tightly without any hesitation.

“I can understand… I really can…”

My eyes started to fill up with tears as I thought of my parents. I buried my head in his chest and started to sob.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

She… she… she is hugging me? Why is she hugging me? Why is she crying too? Did she have a similar past as me too?

 

Back to Your POV

I was expecting Kyuhyun to push me away aggressively.

However, to my surprise, he hugged me back and broke down too.

We stayed in that posture for a while before I broke the hug.

 

We went to sit on a nearby bench along the river. I looked at Kyuhyun who is still wiping his tears away.

A warm breeze blew past us, calming us down a little.

 

“So… Why were you crying?” Kyuhyun broke the silence between us.

“I… My parents just pass away not long ago due to a disaster.” I hung my head low, weeping a little.

Kyuhyun suddenly remembered the pain feeling when he lost his mother too.

“I’m sorry for the incident that happened earlier in the morning. I shouldn’t have reminded you of your past.” I apologised with a slight bow.

“It’s okay. I was just shocked that you knew about it.” Kyuhyun said, avoiding my eye contact.

 

Suddenly, a lightning struck the sky. A distant rumble of thunder followed.

The wind started tugging at the trees. Within minutes, the whole sky was engulfed by dark clouds. Droplets of water started falling onto the ground.

“OMO! Run!!” Kyuhyun suddenly hollered.

He stood up immediately and grabbed my hand. He started running towards the nearest café. (Just pretend that there is another café further away from the school)

 

==========================================================================================

HELLO!!! Finally another chapter after 4 days :)

 

Welcome new subscribers!!! Hope you enjoy the story!

For subscribers that had been following the story since the first few chapters, thank you for continuing to read my story!

@AliceHue i want to pinch Sungmin's cheek instead of giving him a high five! HAHAAA

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)