What?

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

YOUR POV

Me – Green

Sungmin – Pink

Donghae – Blue

Kyuhyun – Grey

 

Next day, Donghae and I went to school as normal. I wore a jacket over my uniform to cover the wounds on my arms.

As we are heading to the classroom, I spotted Sunny and that bunch of girls who hit me yesterday. I immediately hide behind Donghae to prevent them from noticing me.

"Wae?" Donghae asked me curiously when he notices that I was 'creeping' behind him.

"Aniyo..." I tried to act normal as I walk faster to the classroom.

 

IN THE CLASSROOM

"Kathleen-ah!" I heard Sungmin shout across the classroom as I walk into the class. He ran towards me and put his arms over my shoulder

“Annyeong oppa!” I greeted him. He then flashes out a pair of tickets.

"Oppa knows that you LOVE super junior, so I asked my friend to get two tickets of Super Show 5 for you! Let's go together!" He said happily.

I smiled to him for a while before I noticed that there are many pairs of eyes staring at me.

"I may not be free on that day, oppa..." I reluctantly reject as I remove his arms from my shoulders.

"Wae?! I thought you had always wanted to go to their concert?" Sungmin asked me confusedly.

"Mianhe oppa..." I said as I slowly walk towards my seat, leaving Sungmin dumbfounded.

 

Sorry oppa, I really want to go. But... the girls....

 

SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL

 

Kyuhyun, Donghae and Sungmin headed to the Bluez first as I was called to the school office again.

 

As I was heading to the Bluez, that same bunch of girls came towards me again. They corner me to an isolated alley near the cafe.

"I thought I warn you to never be close to Sungmin again?! Why are you hugging him again this morning?" Sunny said while she slapped me across my cheek.

I shouted in pain as she hit me on the spot that had not recovered due her beating yesterday. I looked up at her fearfully as she was about to hit me again.

 

"YAH! What are you doing?!" A voice suddenly shouted from far away.

 

I could not see who it was as my vision gone blurry. I heard that person running towards my direction.

"Kyuhyun oppa..." I heard Sunny blurt out nervously. The girls, including Sunny, slowly back away from me. Out of a sudden, I felt a pair of warm arms surrounding me.

"Kathleen-ah, are you okay?" 

I looked up at him and gave him a quick nod, trying to hold my tears.

"Get lost now." Kyuhyun said as he turns his blazing graze to the girls.

(Remember that big bully Kyuhyun? Although he wasn't so violent now, the people at school were still afraid of him.)

 

The girls immediately ran away at the greatest speed.

“Ganchana?” He looked at me worriedly. I nodded my head again.

 

Kyuhyun then helped me up on my feet as I was not able to get up on my own.

Tell me, what happen? Why are the girls bullying you?” Kyuhyun asked as we slowly walk out of the alley.

“They…. They did not like me to be close to Sungmin oppa…”

“Mwuh?! (What in Korean) How can they do this to you?! Is this the first time they bully you?” Kyuhyun exclaimed angrily.

"Ne...." I lied.

“Oppa, please don’t tell Donghae oppa and Sungmin oppa about this..” I pleaded him with my puppy eyes.

“Wae?! We should let hyung know so that he can deal with them!”

“I don’t want Donghae oppa to be worried for me. And Sungmin oppa….”

I paused for a while to think of a suitable word to say why I didn’t want Sungmin to know about it.

“ And Sungmin oppa to feel bad!” I lied again.

 

I did not want Sungmin to keep a distance from me or anything. I just want him to be by my side…

 

“Please please please... Please promise me that you will not tell them…”

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded his head unwilling. “But! There is one condition! You have to tell me if they bully you again.”

“Okay! Gomaweo oppa!”

 

 

At the Bluez

"Kyuhyun-ah! What took you so long in the toilet?" Sungmin exclaimed when he saw Kyuhyun, not noticing me who’s hiding behind Kyuhyun.

 

"Kathleen-ah! What happened to you?" Donghae asked surprisingly, noticing the swell on my face again.

 

"I fell down just now..." I lied.

"Aigoo, why are you so careless nowadays? Did you hurt yourself again?"

"Again?" Kyuhyun asked, widening his eyes. He gave me a what-does-he-mean-by-again look. I quickly avoid his eye contact.

"She fell down yesterday too! See!" Donghae explained as he lifted up the sleeves of my jacket, showing the injuries on my arms.

"WHAT?!" Kyuhyun suddenly stood up and looked at me. “They…”

I just hung my head low.

“Kyuhyun?”

I slowly raise my head up and look at him. I can sense his anger from his eyes. Then he looked at me before stomping out of the cafe.

Donghae and Sungmin were shocked by Kyuhyun's reaction.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Sungmin ran out of the café too, leaving Donghae and I at the cafe.

"What's up with him?" Donghae said under his breath before sipping onto his beverage.

I just stared at the direction where Kyuhyun ran to.

Sorry oppa…

 

SKIP TO HOME

 

I lay on my bed, thinking what happen to Kyuhyun. I called him but he did not answer. So I called Sungmin.

*On the phone*

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Oppa..."

"Oh, Kathleen-ah!"

"Oppa, how is Kyuhyun oppa?"

"He should be alright by now. I don’t know what is going on in his mind. He just dash out of the cafe and ran towards the river."

"River?"

"Ya... Usually when he is very angry or irritated, he would vent his emotions by shouting towards the sea or river. When I ask him what happened, he just ignores me."

"Oh..." I said guiltily.

"Don't worry, he will be fine after venting his anger."

"Ne, I am going to sleep now oppa! Good night!"

"Good night Kathleen!"

*Hangs up phone*

 

I throw my phone on the side table and turn off the lights.

 

Why is Kyuhyun not answering my phone call? Is he still at the river?

 

I can’t seem to fall asleep when all these thoughts are wandering in my mind.

 

AISHH… (Korean interjection - used to express frustration or anger.)

 

I jumped out of bed and grab my jacket before heading out.

 

===========================================================================

HELLO READERS!

Hope you are still enjoying this story. I am trying to shorten the whole fanfiction because my school is starting soon. So if you think the story too fast, please comment below. :) 

@TheNoisiestOne : Thank you! Please continue to read my following chapters :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)