What should I do?

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Your POV

It was another day for school.

SKIP THE SCHOOL PART TO AFTER SCHOOL

 

At the Bluez

I decided to tell Kyuhyun and Sungmin what happened to Aunt Mary since Kyuhyun and Sungmin are my best friends. I felt my eyes water as I was telling them.

Kyuhyun gripped my shoulder and looked at me sincerely, "You are the one who help me overcome the greatest shadow in my heart. Don’t worry, from now on, I will take care of you like you are my real sister." I smiled and nodded at him.

"Me too, Oppa will take care of you too." Sungmin said as he put his arms around my shoulders.

Upon hearing this, a tear flow down my cheeks.

“Omo, Kathleen-ah! Did we say anything wrong?” Sungmin said worriedly.

“Aniyo, I was just touched to know that I have such good friends in my life…” I sniffed my nose as I said. They heaved a sigh of relief before laughing at my respond.

After that, I went back to school to settle some matters about my family. Ever since my parents pass away, Aunt Mary had been my guardian. But now she is not around anymore, the school have to find me another guardian since I am not 21 yet. (Author's Note : I don’t know whether there is this kind of rule in Korea or anywhere. I just made it up)

I knew Donghae was tired from taking care of me when I was sick, so I asked him to go home first.

 

By the time I am finished at school, it was already 10pm. The security at the vicinity of my house is very safe. So, I decided to walk through the alley which is a short cut route from the school to my house.

 

As I was in the alley, I suddenly felt a slap across my face. I fell onto the hard ground with a loud thud. I felt my vision blurred due to the impact.

 

I looked up and saw a bunch of girls surrounding me. One of them kneeled down to my lever and grabbed onto my chin. I recognized her! She is Sunny! (If you forgot who is Sunny, refer to Chapter 10)

Before I could speak, she gave me another slap on the other side of my face and grabbed onto my hair forcefully.

"Let me warn you! Don't be so close to Sungmin oppa ever again."

"But... I didn’t do anything!"

"Stop denying!" Sunny pulled my hair tighter, causing me to groan out loud. "I saw you flirting with him today at the Bluez. You were hugging him!"

I was shocked from her comment.

I DID NOT HUG HIM! HE WAS JUST PUTTING HIS ARM AROUND ME!

 

Sunny stood up and did some signaling to the other girls. Suddenly, they all started to kick me. I shouted for help however there was no one in the alley. I tried to protect my body with my hands but no valid. After a while, they stopped kicking me. I looked up painfully at Sunny. She just smirks and walked away with the other girls, leaving me on the cold floor of the alley.

 

My body was aching in pain whenever I move. I tried to curl up to ease the pain but it wasn’t helping. I beared the pain and stood up slowly before limping back home.

 

AT HOME

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Donghae running down the stairs.

"Kathleen-ah! You're home!" Donghae immediately hugged me happily. I groaned in pain as he touches my body.

"Wae?" He asked as he pulled me from the hug. I shook my head while bitting my lips to endure the pain.

"What happen to your cheeks?! They are so swollen!" Donghae noticed my bruising on the face.

"And here, and here, and HERE!" He started shouting as he points at the wounds on my arms and legs. He looked at me worriedly, expecting an answer from me.

"I... I.. I fell down on the way home..." I lied to him.

"What?!" He said as he widens his eyes. I forced a smile on my face.

"Go sit on the couch now. I go get some ice to reduce the swell" He commanded before dashing to the kitchen. I slowly walk to the couch to prevent the limping to be obvious. He then came towards the couch.

"Tell me if it's painful okay?" Donghae said as he rest the towel on the swollen part of my face.

"Ouch! It stings!" I moved my head backwards. Donghae tried to rest the towel again, using a lighter force now.

 

After that, I went up to my room and wash up.

 

IN MY ROOM

As I was blowing my hair, I heard a knock on the door.

"Kathleen-ah, are you done yet?"

I turned the blow dryer off and ran to open the door. I saw Donghae holding a first aid box in his hands. Donghae walked towards my bed and patted the space beside him, signaling me to sit beside him.

I followed his orders as he takes the medicine out from the box.

Donghae starts to carefully treat the grazes on my arms and legs with medicine.

 

I look away from him as he treats my wounds. I want to tell him what really happen just now, but I did not dare to…

 

"Kathleen-ah..." He breaks the silence. "You must take care of yourself, don't let oppa worry." I looked at him and nodded my head slightly.

Afterwards, he tucks me in my bed and went back to his room. I fell asleep not long later.

 

DONGHAE’S POV

“AHHH!” I woke up instantly when I heard a shout coming from Kathleen’s room. I hurriedly got up from my bed and ran to her room.

“Kathleen-ah! Ganchana? (Are you okay in Korean)” I asked.

“Oppa….” Kathleen looked up to me, sobbing.

I quickly went up and embrace her to comfort her.

 

YOUR POV

“No… no… don’t come near me….” I said fearfully as I see Sunny coming nearer and nearer to me. Out of a sudden, she raised her hand up, attempting to slap me.

 

“AHHHH!” I sit up on my bed, crying my eyes out.  

“Kathleen-ah! Ganchana? (Are you okay in Korean)” I heard Donghae said as he opened the door of my room.

“Oppa….” Is the only words I manage to utter out.

I felt Donghae embracing me with his warm arms. I hugged back to him and continued to cry in his chest.

“It’s just a dream… Don’t be scared…” Donghae said as he patted my back softly.

 

Although I know it’s just a dream, it seems so real to me. Tears just kept flowing uncontrollably.

I calmed down a little when Donghae hugged me tighter. I feel so secure in his arms.

 

“Oppa… Can you sleep with me? I… I am scared…” I blurt out. Donghae nodded as he covers the blanket over me.

“I will be here with you okay? Go to sleep now…”

I closed my eyes slowly as I fall asleep in his warm arms.

 

============================================================================

HELLO READERS! 

Hope you enjoy reading this chapter!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)