Donghae and I

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Your POV

It is Monday again.

Hate it when Mondays are so far from Fridays and Fridays are so near to Mondays.

 

The girls in the class had been complaining that Sungmin had not accompanied them for a long time. So, in the end, Sungmin was pulled away by the girls in the class to go for movies.

Kyuhyun had to stay back in school to serve detention due his truancy.

I was left with Donghae at the Bluez. Donghae was frowning all day and didn’t talk much.

 

Me – Green

Donghae – Blue

 

“Donghae-ah, are you okay? You seemed troubled.”

“Oh, nono. I was just a little tired.” Donghae forced out a smile on his face.

 

After that, as usual, Donghae sent me home before heading home.

As he was walking away from my house, I decided to follow behind him to find out what happened to him.

 

After 30 minutes of walking, we were at an old building, sort of like an hostel. Donghae walked into the building.

 

What is he doing here? Is he here to visit someone?

 

I continued to follow behind him.

Donghae went towards the stairs and climbed up to the third storey. He walked along the corridor. He then stopped outside a door and was trying to unlock a flat.

 

I was still hiding at the stairs.

Suddenly, a pair of arms hugged me around my waist from the back. I turned around and saw the greatest shock of my life.

 

“Hello, pretty… What are you doing here alone?” the weird person, who is hugging me, whispered in my ears.

 

“Help! Help! Go away!” I shouted while trying to struggle out of his arms.

 

Donghae’s POV

Why is there a girl’s voice in the hostel?

Isn’t this place only for men? That voice sounds like…..

 

I hastily ran towards the direction of the voice and saw a man harassing Kathleen!

 

“YA! Get away from her!” I demanded. I pulled Kathleen away from that man and punched him hard in the face, causing him to fall on the hard ground.

 

The man quickly stood up and ran away.

 

Back to Your POV

Although I know that man had ran away after Donghae punched him, I was still in shock.

Tears started flowing down my cheeks uncontrollably.

 

Out of a sudden, Donghae grabbed me by my wrist and embraced me.

“It’s okay. It’s over now. Oppa is here….” Donghae comforted me, tightening the hug. I buried my head in his chest and continued weeping.

 

After I had calmed down, Donghae held on to my shoulder and guided me to his room in the hostel.

“Kathleen ah, just rest on the bed.” Donghae pointed towards the bed. I went towards the bed while Donghae locked the doors of the room up.

 

“What are you doing here? Don't you know that this place is very dangerous for a girl to enter alone?” Donghae asked as he slowly walked towards me.

“I… I… I was worried about you!” I mumbled.

“Worried?”

“You seemed like you are troubled. I just wanted to help you…. So, I followed you from my house….” I confessed.

 

I noticed Donghae’s expression getting stiff as he hung his head low. I leaned forward and held his hands.

“Donghae ah, don’t worry, you can tell me about it. I will be here for you whatever happens.”

 

Donghae looked at me and decided to tell me what happen:

Around a week ago, Donghae’s parents had sold their house in order to pay the debt that they owe due to gambling. They ran away, leaving Donghae alone with 500000 won(S$500). Donghae have no choice but to rent a small and cheap room in the hostel. The teachers in school had known about this and wanted to help Donghae with his financial needs. Donghae needs money for his daily needs and rental fees. He won’t be able to survive with just only 500000won.

 

“How can they do this to me? Why can’t they just bring me with them? Why must they leave me here alone?” Donghae covered his face with his hands as he cry.

 

I hugged Donghae and patted him on his back. “Don’t worry, we will find a way to help you…”

 

“HEY!” I pulled him away from the hug. “Why not you stay at my house?” I suggested.

 

“Don’t you need to ask your Aunt first?”

“I’m sure she won’t mind if she knew your condition now. There are plenty of rooms in my house and food provided too.” I reassured Donghae.

 

After a few persuasions, Donghae finally agreed to move into my house.

 

I helped Donghae to pack his luggage while Donghae went to the counter to settle the room of the hostel (like check out or stuff).

 

As Donghae do not have much belongings, we are done packing by 7 plus.

 

When we were leaving the hostel, many men were looking at me, like I am some kind of animal. Luckily, Donghae held me in his embrace and protected me.

 

We took a cab back to my house.

 

At home

“Oppa, just be comfortable and treat here as your home, okay?” I said to him as I bring him into the house.

 

I looked at Donghae.

“Why is your expression like this?”

 

“Did you just call me oppa?”

I chuckled a bit. “Wae? (Why in Korean) You don’t like me calling you oppa?”

 

“Nono, I love it! Er… I mean… I am okay with it.” Donghae replied happily.

 

 

I led him up to his room. “Here, this will be your room. I will go lay out the dinner. Come down to eat when you are done unpacking!” I closed the door of the room, leaving Donghae alone in the room.

 

I will just skip the dinner part and now is sleeping time….

 

Donghae’s POV

Why did my heart beat so fast when Kathleen called me ‘Oppa’ just now? Am I in…

Arh! Lee Donghae!

She is just helping you out because you are her friend. But… why am do I have this weird feeling towards her?

 

 

===================================================================================================

Dear readers, please continue to vote the poll! :) 

I can't think of who to pair with Kathleen now. 

I will conclude the poll tomorrow. :) 

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)