:)

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Your POV

After a long 15 minutes, Kyuhyun finally calmed down and stopped crying. I crossed my arm with his arm and started walking towards Bluez.

 

On the way to Bluez, a guy ran past Kyuhyun and accidentally knocked on him.

 

That guy looked up and saw that it is Kyuhyun. His face was frozen in a glassy stare of horror.

“I’m so sorry!” The guy immediately apologized and bow to Kyuhyun.

 

Without thinking, Kyuhyun grabbed his collar and threatened “What are your eyes for?! I think you need some ‘treatment’ in your eyes..”

Kyuhyun smirk and clenched his fist, ready to give him a punch.

 

Sungmin immediately grabbed on to his arm to prevent him from hitting that innocent guy.

 

“Kyuhyun STOP! It was just an accident! He does not mean to knock onto you!” I quickly went over to Kyuhyun too and tried convince him to calm down.

 

He turned to me before slowly calming down. He gradually came back to his senses. The guy quickly ran away when he noticed Kyuhyun holding back his attack.

 

Kyuhyun looked away from me and started walked towards the Bluez ahead of us, thinking of reactions just now.

We just sighed and followed behind him.

 

At the Bluez

Sungmin and Donghae went to buy food, leaving Kyuhyun and I at the table of the café.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

Why did I react that way just now? Was I always this violent?

I glanced over at Donghae, who is queuing to buy drinks at the counter.

 

Right now, I feel so guilty towards Donghae. He is innocent! Why did I not realize this logic in the past and bullied him so much?

 

Your POV

Kyuhyun seemed ‘awkward’ with Donghae. He doesn’t dare to even have eye contact with Donghae.

 

“Here come the snacks!” Donghae quickly grabbed and munched the delicious food in his mouth.

 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun stood up from his seat and went towards Donghae. Sungmin and I were surprised as we didn’t know what he is trying to do.

 

Donghae was concentrating on eating so much that he did not noticed Kyuhyun walking towards him.

 

“Donghae…” Kyuhyun spoke out as he stood infront of Donghae.

Donghae almost jumped off his seat when he saw Kyuhyun beside him. His eyes frightened as if he expected any moment of a stunning blow of a fist from Kyuhyun. “I’m sorry for my past doings to you!” Kyuhyun apologized as he gave a 90 degree bow to Donghae.

 

Donghae heaved a sigh of relief as he thought Kyuhyun was about to hit him. He stared at Kyuhyun, eyes widen. He cannot believe Kyuhyun just APOLOGIZE TO HIM.

 

Who could have predicted it?

 

Without rising from his bow, Kyuhyun looked up at Donghae with apologetic eyes.

 

“Err….” Donghae was stunned by the sudden action of Kyuhyun. “It’s okay, Kyuhyun. I didn’t blame you for it.” Donghae replied, holding Kyuhyun up from his bow. “I can understand why you treated me that way. So, let’s just put that all behind us and start over again as friends, okay?”

Donghae reassured Kyuhyun, extending his hands to shake with Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and shake Donghae’s hand.

 

The time in the café today seems to past faster than other days. We were chatting happily about school, our past and favorite hobbies.

 

Sungmin shared with us how Kyuhyun reacted when Kyuhyun was first confessed by a girl during their kindergarten times.

It turned out that Kyuhyun was so shy that he avoided that girl ever since for a month. The girl knew that Sungmin was very close to Kyuhyun. Thus, she kept on pestering Sungmin to pass letters to Kyuhyun. Sungmin was so irritated by her that he just ran away every time he saw that girl.

 

“Kyuhyun! It’s your fault! You made me so paranoid during our kindergarten times to avoid that girl!” Sungmin complained to Kyuhyun, who is still laughing away with Donghae and me.

“Sungmin-ah, mianhae! (sorry in Korean) I cannot control the girls from having a crush on me. HAHAAA!” Kyuhyun replied proudly.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, do you mind if I ask you something?”

“Wae?”

“Why are you so afraid of the thunder?”

Kyuhyun sighed a bit before answering me.

“In the past, whenever that woman abuses me, coincidently, there will always be a thunderstorm. So, whenever I hear or see a thunder, I will still have this phobia in my heart.”

Author’s Note : ‘that woman’ refers to his step-mother.

Soon, the café was about to close.

Sungmin, Donghae and Kyuhyun decided to send me home first as it was already very late.

 

Outside my house

“Wow! Your house is so big!” Kyuhyun stared at my house with admiration. “Can we go in and take a look?” Kyuhyun pleaded me with his cute puppy eyes.

“YAH!" Sungmin shouted at Kyuhyun. "It’s already so late now already. Kathleen’s family might already asleep. We might disturb them.” Sungmin argued.

 

“Kwenchana (It’s okay in Korean). You all can come over. My aunt is at overseas and there’s no one at home.” I assured them while unlocking the door of my house.

 

“Wow…. Daebak… (awesome/the best in Korean) Kyuhyun widen his eyes as he observed the interior of my house. “Your house is even more beautiful in the inside!”

“Your house is so clean and tidy…” Sungmin complimented as he roamed around the house.

 

“There is a part time helper who comes to my house every three times a week to clean the house up. Since I am the only person living in the house now, there is no one to mess up the house anyway.” I chuckled as I poured some orange juice for them and put the drinks on the dining table.

 

“Oh, so you are living here with only your aunt? Where are your parents?” Donghae asked curiously as he took a sip of the orange juice.

Kyuhyun immediately went over to Donghae and nudge him, hinting him to not ask this question. But it was too late.

 

“They… they passed away around a month ago…” I responded, trying to hide my tears. The expression of Donghae and Sungmin changed as they heard my answer.

 

“Hey! Can I take a look of how your room looks like?” Kyuhyun asked, attempting to change the subject.

“Oh, it’s on the second level.” I responded, sniffing my nose. Kyuhyun held my hand and pulled me while he walked up the stairs.

Donghae and Sungmin just stayed on the first floor, trying to absorb what I said just now.

 

“Wah… You’re so cute!” Kyuhyun said as he picked up the family photo taken when I was just a toddler.

I giggled at Kyuhyun’s comment, forgetting what just happened in the dining area just now.

 

After a while, Kyuhyun and I went back down to the dining area.

“I think we better get going. It’s already very late.” Sungmin try to let out a smile as he pointed to the clock.

 

It was already 2am.

 

“Why not you all just sleep over at my house since it’s weekend tomorrow? There are many empty rooms available in my house.” I suggested to them, giving them a big grin.

 

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Kyuhyun agrees as he danced happily like a child.

“Are you sure? Will we disturb you?” Sungmin asked, turning to my direction.

“Don’t worry! I am more than happy that someone is in the house with me!” I replied gladly.

 

“Okay then…” Sungmin agreed. “Donghae, what about you?”

Donghae nodded his head.

 

Luckily, there are three empty rooms with beds. I led them each to their rooms before going back to my own room.

 

After bathing, I slipped into my tank top and shorts before lying on my comfortable bed.

 

It seems that Kyuhyun had become more cheerful after tonight. Hope that he can fully overcome the fear in him.

I thought before drifting into dreamland….

 

=========================================================================================

@pinksugarylove29  Thank you! That's a really great encouragement for me. :) Please continue to read my story!

Thank you very much readers! :)