Can they really help me?

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Your POV

In the café

I was still panting due to the sudden run.

“Phew, I survived…” I heard Kyuhyun mumble under his breath.

 

Was the weather really THAT scary?

 

We went towards an empty table and took a seat. I stared and lean towards Kyuhyun, giving him the what’s-wrong-with-you look.

Kyuhyun caught me staring at him. “Ermm… I just don't want to get wet.” He murmured softly, but I am still able to catch what he is saying.

I just lay back on the chair, admiring the interior design of the café, trying to reduce the awkwardness between us. (Since the café was much quieter than the outside)

 

Kyuhyun POV

She seems nice and friendly.

It had been a long time since I sat down with a person for such a long time. Normally, no one would dare to sit with me.

Should I start a conversation with her first?

 

Your POV

I peeked at Kyuhyun. His expression seems troubled.

Is he trying to find a topic to talk to me?

Should I start the conversation with him first?

 

An awkward 5 minutes had passed and both had not even spoken to each other.

 

“So… Are you Sungmin’s girlfriend?” Kyuhyun finally spoke, breaking the silence between us.

“What?!” I was surprised at his question. “No no no, I am just his classmate.” I replied quickly, shaking my head aggressively.

“Oh, I thought you are his girlfriend, judging by how he protected you from the ball the other time.” Kyuhyun led out small laugh.

 

Protected me from the ball? Oh! He saw us hugging?!

I mean… how Sungmin protected me by putting his arms around me.

 

Just by thinking about that incident made my face turned red immediately. I could feel my check burning.

 

“Are you angry or something? Your face is so red! I didn’t mean to see that incident! I was just walking to school!” Kyuhyun quickly explained.

 

Upon seeing his strong reaction, I giggle abit. Kyuhyun saw me giggling and started chuckling too.

I looked out of the window of the café and noticed that the rain had stopped.

 

“I better get going.” I said while trying to put on my haversack bag. “Bye!”

 

“Oh, alright then. Bye Kathleen.” Kyuhyun said, waving his hands at me.

 

He is actually not that bad… I thought while heading home.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

Kathleen isn’t what I thought she would be…

So after today, does it mean Kathleen is my friend now?

Friend… A word I had not thought of for a long time.

 

NEXT DAY

Your POV

OH NO! I am going to be late!

I jumped up of bed and rush to the toilet to wash up. Within minutes, I had already changed into my attire and tied up my hair.

Wow, can’t believe I can be ready for school in such a short time. Wonder why I needed to spend an hour to get ready everyday.

 

I quickly went out of the house and ran to school.

“Hey! Kathleen! Wait up!” A voice suddenly called me. I stop running and looked at the direction of the voice. It was Kyuhyun! He was wearing the uniform of Sapphire Academy. It was the first time I saw him in uniform.

 

“Oh! Kyuhyun, are you heading to school too?” I ask while he ran beside me.

“Ya, it had been a long time since I wore this though.” Kyuhyun replied me, looking down at his uniform. “Let’s go school together then. We are gonna be late!” I exclaimed as I hurriedly run to school. Kyuhyun followed behind me.

 

At the class

The class had already begun.

“Sorry, teacher… We are late…” I panted heavily as I walked into the class. The teacher looked shock, not because I was late.

But because CHO KYUHYUN is ATTENDING THE CLASS.

 

Kyuhyun walked awkwardly into the class as the whole class was gazing at him.

“It’s okay, Kathleen. You may return to your seat.” The teacher told me, but without leaving his eyes from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun just went towards the empty seat in front of me and sat down.

The teacher came round from his shock and continued teaching.

 

“Kathleen-ar, why are you with Kyuhyun?” Donghae whispered to me once I sat on my seat.

“I will explain to you later during break, okay?” I replied Donghae as I take out my books from my bag.

 

During Break

“Now can you tell me why you were with Kyuhyun in the morning?” Donghae anxiously questioned me as we stepped out of the class. Sungmin followed behind us to hear what my reply was.

 

“I just met him on the way to school. So we walked together to school…” I responded, walking towards an empty table at the canteen.

 

I explained what happened between Kyuhyun and me yesterday to Sungmin and Donghae. They just nodded their headd slowly, trying to absorb and believe what I just told them.

I noticed Kyuhyun just walked past us.

“Kyuhyun! Do you want to join us for lunch?” I shouted and waved enthusiastically at him.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Kyuhyun! Do you want to join us for lunch?” I turned my head to the direction of the sound and saw Kathleen waving at me. Donghae and Sungmin are beside her.

 

Donghae… The sight of him makes my blood boil.

I felt an urge to beat him up. But, for some reason, I can’t seem to do it when I see Kathleen beside him.

I ran away…

 

Your POV

Kyuhyun seemed to have a weird aura around him…. Hatred, anger…

 

Is it because he sees Donghae?

Oh! Why is he running away?

 

I immediately stood up and chase after him. Sungmin and Donghae tag along behind me.

“Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!” I shouted to him as I ran after him.

 

All of a sudden, he just stopped and kneeled on the ground. We stopped running after him, keeping a distance away from him.

“ARH!!” He suddenly shouted and started punching the ground.

 

I immediately went up to him and try to stop him from hurting himself. Sungmin and Donghae tried to hold him too, but he was too strong.

 

I couldn’t think of any ways to stop him. I quickly pulled him to a hug and surprising, he calmed down a little.

 

“I… I don’t know why I am reacting this way… I… I cannot control myself…” Kyuhyun whimpered as he hugged me back. “I cannot control the anger in me whenever I see something that reminds me of my past.”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…” I tighten the hug. “Let me help you... I’m sure you can overcome this shadow in your heart.” I patted his back softly while he sobbed in my arms.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I will also try my very best to help you.” Sungmin went towards him and gripped his shoulder. “Me too.” Donghae promised too.

 

Kyuhyun looked up to them with his watery eyes and nodded his head before weeping again.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

Can they really help me? Would I be able to put down this agony from my past?

I doubt myself as tears continue to flow down my face.