Donghae...

My Teenage Life in Korea

 

Donghae’s POV

I woke up and found Kathleen still in my arms. I smiled to myself before landing a kiss on her forehead. She feels hot.

I felt some movement in her.

Is she shivering? She looks like she is very uncomfortable.

I place my hand on her forehead. OH MY GOSH! She’s burning!

 

“Kathleen-ah! Kathleen-ah!” I called her name as I shook her.

She is not responding!

I immediately got up from the bed and ran down to the kitchen. I grabbed some ice from the fridge and put it into a towel. I took a small bucket of water and another towel.

 

I run up to Kathleen’s room and placed the towel onto Kathleen’s forehead.

She must have gotten sick due to the sadness.

I soak the towel into the bucket of water and wipe her arms and legs with it for about 15 minutes.

I sense that Kathleen is still shivering but sweating at the same time. I remove the towel on her forehead and check her temperature with a thermometer I found in the first aid box in her house. 39.6 DEGREES.

 

I panicked when I saw that her temperature was still so high. I replace the melted ice in the towel with new ice and place it on her forehead again.

 

I got up and quickly switch on the air con. I read it on the net somewhere that it is important to let the person who is having a fever to have a constant cold room temperature so as to lower the body temperature.

 

I went back to Kathleen and continue wiping her arms and legs with the damp towel.

“Kathleen-ah, please do not let anything happen to you… I cannot live without you….” I said to her worriedly, trying to wake her up.

 

After half an hour, I checked her temperature with the thermometer again.

38.5 DEGREES.

I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw that her temperature had dropped.

I smile to myself before kissing her lightly on the cheek. I left her room and went down to the kitchen to cook some porridge for her, in case she feels hungry when she wakes up.

 

Soon, it was already evening. I went up to Kathleen’s room. I checked her temperature again.

37.0 DEGREES.

 

Phew, she is not having a fever anymore.

 

She is still sound asleep. I lay down on her bed beside her and held her in my arms.

She looks so peaceful now compared to morning when she is still having fever. I felt my heart thumping faster and faster as I look at her face. Her eyes, nose, lips…

 

I think… I’m in love…

 

NEXT MORNING

Your POV

I opened my eyes and saw the bright light that shone into my room.

I felt that I had slept for a long time. I tried to stand up but I saw an arm over me. I turned and saw Donghae sleeping beside me.

 

 

“Donghae-ah, Donghae-ah…” I shake him softly to wake him up.

“Hmmm?” Donghae responded a bit. Suddenly, he opens his eyes and looked at me.

“Kathleen-ah! Finally you are awake!” he hugged me tightly.

“What do you mean?” I asked him curiously as he is still hugging me.

“You had been sick the whole day yesterday. I was so worried!” Donghae explained, letting go of the hug.

“Chincha?” I said as I tried to sit up.

 

Arh! My head hurts…. I landed back on the bed.

“Hey hey hey! Don’t move about, you just recovered.” Donghae said to me.

 

I held my head with my hands as I nodded.

 

“Let me get you some food first. You had not eaten the whole day yesterday.” Donghae dashed out of the room.

A while later, Donghae came back with a tray of food.

 

“Here, have some water first.” Donghae handed me a cup of water as he lays the food out on my side table.

I drink the water as Donghae took a spoonful of porridge and started to blow it. “Ahhh!” Donghae said as he open his mouth wide.

 

“I can feed myself, Oppa…”

“No! Let me take care of you!” Donghae insisted.

 

(Pretending that the chicken is porridge)

 

I felt a swell of warmth overcame my cheek as I ate the porridge.

 

AFTER EATING

“Oppa…”

“Wae?” Donghae answered as he put the bowl and cup onto the tray.

“Gomawo (Thank you in Korean)” I stood up and hugged him.

I felt him smile and hugging me back.

“I’m your oppa. That’s what I am supposed to do.” Donghae laughed as he tightens the hug.

 

I feel so secured in his arms. How I wish I can stay like this forever.

 

“You have to go rest now.” He commanded as he releases the hug and tucks me in my bed. I did what he said obediently.

 

He grinned while patting on my head lightly. I looked at him as he took the tray and walked out of my room.

Thank you, oppa… for everything.

 

============================================================================

 

Dear readers, please continue to vote in the poll. :)

@heechul98 I love DONGHAE <3

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!