Welcome to My Life

My Teenage Life in Korea


Your POV

I had been living with my parents happily in Singapore for the past 18 years of my life. Until one day… that one day that took away my happiness... That accident that made me an orphan overnight.

I could not believe that my parents are leaving me alone in this world. I had been crying for the past week for countless times during the funeral. My parents were such brave and helpful people. They work as full time volunteers who help out in disastrous country.

I remember that night, when my parents left Singapore for another country that had just suffered a disaster to help the people there. “We will be back in a week, take care of yourself, dear.” That was the last text message I received from my mum. After that day, they never return. It turn out that there was another disaster that strike the country, killing all the people in the area.



A day after the funeral, I received a lawyer’s letter saying that my parents had left a letter for me. I went to the lawyers’ office and retrieved the letter.

I opened the letter and recognised my dad’s handwritings:



Dear Kathleen,

By the time you are reading this letter, your mum and I would be gone. We knew that this day will arrive soon since our jobs are rather dangerous.

Since my mum and I do not have any relatives in Singapore, I would want you to use the money we had left for you to buy a plane ticket to Korea and look for your aunt, which is my sister. She will take care of you. Her contact number is 9XXX XXXX.

This is just the beginning of your life, my dear daughter. Your mum and I would be looking over you in the sky. Promise us that you will live your life on to the fullest, even without us. We will always love you forever.

Dad



“Dad, Mum, I promise” I mumbled to myself as the tears from my eyes flow down again….



A week after the funeral, I packed my luggage and was at Changi Airport, all ready to board the plane to Korea.

I had contacted my aunt who living at Korea and she will be meeting me at Incheon International Airport.



I wonder what will happen to my life in Korea…



=============================================================================



How's the intro? My english isn't that good. So, please give me some comments on the story! 
Thank you very much :)