School

My Little Sister

The first thing Seunghyun decided to do when he woke up was check on his little sister. He’d always been protective and now that she was his responsibility he was even more so. Truth was, he’d originally planned for them to share a room, so that he’d be there if she needed anything in the night. But the other guys had said definitely not – she was 17 and would want her own space. He sighed. She was growing up and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Soon she’d be getting a boyfriend and...he remembered his original idea and got up to walk the short distance to her new room. He turned the handle silently so as not to wake her and peeked through the narrow gap to check if she was still asleep. He was not expecting what he saw next.

Jiyong’s eyes snapped open as sleep was roughly shaken out of him. He looked up to see TOP-hyung glaring down at him and tried to sit up...until he realised Ji Seong’s head was still resting on his chest. He pieced two and two together in his still-sleepy brain and suddenly realised why TOP was so mad.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” The older male whispered angrily and Jiyong hurriedly tried to think of what to say.

“Wait it’s not like that I...she couldn’t sleep so...I was just...she asked me to...”

“She’s my little sister!”

“I know! I would never try anything! It’s just-”

A sudden sleepy movement from Ji Seong put a stop to the argument as her eyes flickered open and she looked around confused. She noticed TOP first, then sat up and turned to see Jiyong as her face turned red. She quickly shuffled away from him and looked down embarrassed.

“Err...good morning Ji!” Said TOP, putting on a wide smile before glaring once more at Jiyong. “You should get ready for school.” And with that he his heel and left the room, dragging Jiyong along with him.

Ji Seong groaned in embarrassment as she realised she’d slept all night on G-Dragon! She took a deep breath and pushed it to the back of her mind as she took out her new school uniform. She was going to be starting a new super expensive high school in Seoul that her brother had paid for. She felt bad but he hadn’t let her talk him out of it. He was stubborn like that. She changed into it and packed her bag full of shiny new books before heading into the kitchen where everyone except Daesung was sitting at the table. Daesung was dishing out omelette to them all and Ji Seong breathed in the delicious smell.

“Awh cute!” Said Seungri as he spotted Ji Seong in her uniform and she blushed, accidently making eye contact with a grinning GD and looking away immediately.

“Come and sit down Ji Seong, I laid you a place!” Smiled Daesung and she smiled back gratefully, sliding into the empty seat next to Seungri as everyone tucked into their breakfast.

“So,” Started Seungri, mouth full of food. “You nervous?” She nodded.

“A little bit.” She mumbled, not looking up from her plate.

“Nah, I’m sure you’ll be fine! What time have you got to leave?” Ji Seong looked up at the large clock on the wall and nearly spat out her breakfast as she realised the answer to his question was 5 minutes ago!

“Omo I’m late!” She squeaked and rushed out the door, grabbing her bag and yelling a ‘goodbye’ as she left.

*

After running most of the way there it turned out Ji Seong arrived at her new school right on time if not slightly out of breath. She’d found it rather easily seeing as she and G-Dragon had walked past it last night but once there navigating her way around the campus was not so easy.

“Um excuse me?” She asked a kind looking girl with long brown hair and shining skin. “My name’s Choi Ji Seong I’m new here and I’m kinda lost...” The girl beamed at her and bowed slightly.

“Hi I’m Dara. What form are you in?”

“12-D”

“Omg me too! Okay we have Maths now and we’re kinda late. C’mon~” She grabbed her hand and pulled her along to the maths class where a young good-looking teacher had already started the lesson.

“Hurry up and sit down Miss Park and...I’m sorry who are you?” Ji Seong bowed low.

“Sorry I’m late, I’m Choi Ji Seong this is my first day.”

“And I’m Mr Kim. Don’t do it again Miss Choi.” The teacher waved away her apology and motioned for her to sit down. She took the spare seat next to Dara and the lesson proceeded.

*

The rest of the day passed quite quickly. It turned out Ji Seong had exactly the same timetable as Dara which was handy as her new friend showed her the way to every lesson. Unfortunately though Dara had a singing lesson at lunch so Ji Seong was left to stand awkwardly alone in the lunch queue fretting about where she was going to sit and hoping that the queue didn’t start moving anytime soon so that she’d have to make that decision. Just then someone coughed to her right and she turned to see a young looking boy signalling for her to go over to him. She glanced behind her at the lengthy queue that she was by now around the middle of and wondered whether she should give up her place for the boy. She decided that a later lunch and company was better than an earlier lunch to eat alone and went over to him. He grinned when she approached.

“Hey I’m Jun Hong.” Up close she realised just how tall he was, and his confidence made him seem a lot older than his face suggested. She smiled back unsurely.

“Err hi, I’m Ji Seong.” She was glad to have someone to talk to but she was a little bit confused why he’d picked her out to talk to for no particular reason. As if he’d read her mind he laughed.

“You looked lost,” He explained. “And I hadn’t seen you before, so I assumed you were new. I thought it would to sit on your own so I was wondering if you wanted to eat with me.” Ji Seong smiled widely.

“That’s really kind, I’d like that a lot.” She said and he beckoned for her to follow him out of the canteen. “Umm...where are we going?” She asked and he grinned.

“Jeez don’t ruin the surprise!” She laughed and sped up a bit to keep up with his long strides.

“So what year are you in?” She asked to make conversation as they walked.

“11, you?”

“12”

“Why’d you come here?”

“I moved to Seoul to stay with my brother. You might know him, Choi Seung-err, TOP?  He’s in BigBang?” Jun Hong laughed unsurely, as if he didn’t quite understand the joke. “I’m serious, he’s my brother!” Her new companion just smiled nervously back at her. Ji Seong sighed. She guessed what with him being an idol and her not looking anything like him it was pretty understandable that no one believed her. He was the splitting image of his father and her of her mother. She swallowed hard as she thought of them. The wound was still very much raw. They stopped and Ji Seong realised they were standing in the school field under a big tree. She turned to Jun Hong to see him looking at her, his confident face almost anxious.

“You don’t mind sitting outside do you noona?” He wasn’t the cute kind of guy but the way he said noona melted Ji Seong’s heart. She shook her head.

“This is perfect Jun Hong, do you normally sit here?” She asked as they both sat down next to each other against the big tree. He nodded as he opened his bag and took out a huge lunch pack. Ji Seong’s eyes widened as he brought out an enormous serving of rice, kimchi, biscuits and cakes, sandwiches and two cartons of banana milk.

“Were you expecting me?” She asked grinning and he rolled his eyes.

“No my mum’s just really overprotective. I never get through half of the lunches she makes me!” He shook his head.

“Well why don’t you tell her to give you less?”

“She doesn’t listen.” He mimicked her high voice. “You’re a growing boy!” He sighed.

“If you grow anymore you’re not gonna fit through any doors anymore!” She said, remembering how she had to look up at him when they were standing together. He grinned.

“Well anyway, there’s more than enough for you too.” He smiled placing the containers between the two of them. His face fell. “But...I don’t have a second pair of chopsticks.” Ji Seong rummaged through her bag and brought out a pair and they both tucked in.