Wrong Choices

My Little Sister

Ji Seong glared at Jiyong as though it was all somehow his fault before running out of the dorm after her brother. She paused between the stairs and the lift before deciding on the stairs and taking them two at a time.

“Seunghyun-ah!” She shouted as she ran but there was no answer. She hadn’t expected one. She reached the bottom and headed for the street,, realising she hadn’t put any shoes on. Damn. She looked down the road and seeing the departing back of her brother, began running again. “Seunghyun-ah!” She said again, quieter this time as she reached him. He sighed and turned around, looking down at her bare legs and feet.

“You’re going to catch a cold.” He muttered before turning to go again. But Ji Seong grabbed his arm.

“I’m sorry oppa.” She said, almost in tears. They never fell out and she hated it. He remained silent for way too long.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked quietly, and Ji Seong realised he wasn’t going to make this easy. She sighed, searching for an answer.

“Because I knew you wouldn’t approve.” She replied honestly. Seunghyun raised an eyebrow.

“Then why do it anyway?” Again she racked her brain for the truthful answer. She remembered how Jiyong had stayed with her every night, made her feel safe when her brother wasn’t there. Made her happier than she’d been for a long time. Made her forget. She told her brother all of this and he was silent again. Finally he nodded.

“Ok.” He said simply and she frowned.

“Ok?” She repeated, confused. “Ok what?”

“Ok I approve. If you really like him. It’s not like I can exactly stop you anyway. But...you know if he hurts you I’m going to kill him.” Ji Seong smiled and hugged him tight. She did really like him. With the whole America thing she’d forgotten how sweet he was to her when she first met him. She knew that was the real Kwon Jiyong. And she really, really liked him.

They walked back to the dorm arm in arm and Ji Seong made a mental note not to ever keep anything from her brother again.

*

Jiyong swore. He knew Ji Seong wasn’t convinced about him and he wished he’d thought to bring something back for her. He opened his suitcases and sifted through the many clothes looking for something mildly present-like. Just as he was beginning to lose hope he found a necklace in one of his shoes and frowned. What was that doing there? He had a flashback of a hotel room and a beautiful redhead and smiled. Oh yeah. He held the necklace up and smirked. It looked expensive. He had expensive taste. He polished it with the pad of his thumb and then pocketed it and waited for Ji Seong to return.

The key turned in the lock and Jiyong leant against the wall casually, hoping their talk had gone well and he wasn’t in danger of having his face punched by an angry Seunghyun. They were smiling and linking arms so he guessed it had. Jiyong and Seunghyun’s eyes met and Seunghyun smiled. Jiyong returned it. He’d given him his blessing. Inside Jiyong scoffed. As if he needed it. As his band mate went to his room, Ji Seong turned to Jiyong. He grinned and held his arms out and she came over to him, walking into the hug. Jiyong frowned. This was going to be easier than he thought.

“I’m sorry I was angry at you earlier.” Ji Seong said, looking up at him and he noticed how innocent her big brown eyes looked. That’s what he liked about her. That’s what made her so different to all the other girls. To the backing dancers, to the girls he’d met in the States. He had a sudden urge to take advantage of that innocence but he put it to the back of his mind. There was no chance of that with her brother under the same roof. Instead he tucked some hair behind her ear, caressing her soft cheek as he did so.

“That’s okay Ji.” He smiled. “Hey- I got you something!” Her eyes lit up as he reached into his pocket, retrieving the necklace and holding it out to her. Her eyes widened.

“Omo, oppa it’s beautiful!” She gushed, running her delicate fingers over the stones. He shrugged.

“It’s nothing...” He said as he spun her round and fastened it round her neck. He spun her back again and grinned, kissing her softly. “Beautiful.” He whispered and she smiled, embracing him.

*

Youngbae felt sick as he lay on his bed listening to the completely fake conversation outside of his room. He was completely taking advantage of her naive and trusting nature and Youngbae couldn’t help wondering why she’d fallen for Jiyong and not himself. It was always the way though, wasn’t it? The bad boys got the girls. He laughed bitterly and pulled his beats on to drown out the disgusting kissy noises that now replaced the conversation. He pressed play on his music and raised an eyebrow when his song ‘wedding dress’ came on. How fitting. He sighed as he drifted into a restless sleep.