Chapter 9: Grandfather

Love is still sweeter...

Chapter 9: Grandfather

Yoona’s POV

Siwon oppa and I walked to my house still thinking about everything that was happening. It was so sad to think that we couldn’t be completely happy because my uncle, I mean that man, is stalking us.

When we arrived, I wanted Siwon to stay for a little while but my father said there were special guests this nights. Siwon said goodbye and gave me a peck on the lips. When he left I sat on the couch and sighed. I’m not really in the mood for guests.

“Mom, who is coming tonight?” I asked

“Someone you must have really missed” my father said and then suddenly the bell rang. I bet it is that person. My father opened the door and I heard them laughing loudly.

“Dad, nice to see again” my father said. Dad? OMO, my grandfather is back! I immediately jumped out of the couch and went to hug him.

“Who is this pretty girl?” grandpa asked teasing

“It’s my your beloved granddaughter” I said and he smiled

“You’ve grown so much” he said “You are not a kid anymore, you are a beautiful lady now”

“You make me feel old” I said

“So, what brings you here?” my father asked him as we sat on the couch. My mom brought tea for all of us.

“I heard everything that happened with Yonghwa” he said in a serious tone “I’m really sorry that he wanted to hurt you”

“It’s not your fault dad” my father said and he was right

“It’s somehow my fault” he said “I raised him”

“Let’s not talk about it” my mom said and we all agreed

“So… tell me Yoong, are you still dating that Taecyeon guy?” he asked me and he didn’t looked that pleased about that. Did he think I was dating Taec?

“I was never dating him” I said “He is like my brother”

“Good” he said more relived “Because I can’t even imagine my granddaughter dating a beggar like him”

“Grandpa!” I said in disbelief “Don’t talk about my best friend like that!”

“It’s true” he said now talking more seriously than ever “All your friends only want for what you have!”

“Why are you saying that about them?!” I said raising my voice

“That Jessica girl is your friend just because you got her job, that Taecyeon is a beggar that eats the Horvejkul’s leftovers, that girl called Yuri is also with you just because she wants position and that fish face guy is no one in life”

I have always respected my grandfather but he was going to far now. He didn’t even know them! He was being harsh and was judging my friends without even knowing them! My parents saw that I was feeling uncomfortable and mad and they tried to help.

“They are not like that” my mom said softly “They all have proved how much they care for our Yoong”

“You mean our money” he said insisting in his point

“You don’t even know them!” I said raising my voice again

“You were never that disrespectful before!” he said angry “The are a bad influence”

“I choose my friends, not you grandpa” I said trying to calm myself down “Sorry”

“It’s ok, at least you are not dating anyone” he said

“Actually I’m a dating someone” I said and he didn’t looked satisfied with that “His name is Choi Siwon”

“Choi…” he said thinking “Isn’t he the son of Shinwoon?”

“Yes, it’s him” my father answered for me

“WHAT?” he asked and jumped of his seat startled “That’s the man Yonghwa killed?”

“Yes dad” my father said “But Shinwoon was a good person, he helped me save the company that my brother almost ruined”

“That’s not the point!” he yelled at my father “Are you allowing your only daughter to date a guy who wanted to get revenge against us?!”

Oh no, he know everything. But it isn’t a big deal! Siwon saved me and I love him!

“He saved me from him!” I said defending Siwon

“No excuses” he continued. He was being really stubborn and that was annoying me “The only heir of the Ims cannot be with a guy like him”

“Are you saying this for my sake or for the company’s sake?!” I asked really mad. He had second intentions when he started attacking my friends and Siwon. The real reason why he doesn’t want me to be with Siwon is that his family is not prestigious.

“Both” he said “But don’t worry, I already arranged that”

“Arrange what?” my mother asked and I was afraid to hear the answer

“You are engaged to the son of someone I know” he said I gasped surprised. Engaged?! Is he crazy?! “He is from a really good family”

“Dad you didn’t even mention it to us” my father said feeling a little bit uncomfortable

“I won’t agree to an arranged marriage!” I yelled “Sorry grandpa but you can’t force me!”

“Oh yes I can” he said “You have to marry him or else I won’t let you finish your studies in Seoul university and I’ll send you to England with your grandmother!”

“WHAT?!” I asked not believing my own ears. He was being really selfish! I couldn’t believe my grandfather was threatening me that way!

 “Dad you have no right to do this” my father seemed mad

“I have all the authority to do this!” he said

“I’m Yoona’s father! Whether she marries or not with that guy is not up to you!” he said

“She is the only heir of the Im company so I have all the rights over her!” he said and my father didn’t know what to say. There are treating me like an object!  “You’ll meet him tomorrow, so be ready!”

“Sir, please don’t do this to Yoona” my mom spoke

“Your opinion doesn’t matter to me” he said “That’s my last word”

“I won’t marry that guy!” I said and ran away to my room. Tears were falling down my cheeks. I locked myself inside my room and didn’t open it to anyone.

This ! My life ! When I thought I could finally be happy with Siwon, everything happens at the same time. First my crazy uncle escapes from jail and then my selfish grandfather return to get me engaged with a complete unknown person!

I don’t want to do this! But… if I don’t then I’ll have to leave to England forever. Not being able to see my friends, my family and Siwon… Either way, I won’t be able to see Siwon anymore.

I wiped my tears. Why? Why is life giving us so many obstacles? Are we really not meant to be together?

Go to England forever or get engaged to someone I don’t love? I don’t know. I just know that my life doesn’t belong to me anymore.

“I love you Siwon” I whispered as if he could hear me. I was crying again and I couldn’t help it. I wanted to release all the pain inside my heart. “Maybe this will be the last time I say that”