Chapter 23: Surprise

Love is still sweeter...

Chapter 23: Surprise

Yoona was sleeping in her room in the hospital and she was having a really bad nightmare. All she could see was darkness when images of the accident came to her mind suddenly. Seulong driving as fast as he could, Siwon trying to follow them, the truck in front of them, the car crashing suddenly… darkness

She woke up startled and breathing heavily. She looked around, she was alone in the room and she sighed relieved as she saw she was on the hospital. She didn’t want to remember what happened anymore but she couldn’t take it out of her mind.

She tried to fall asleep again but she couldn’t as she was thinking about Siwon. She was wondering how he was. When she heard some footsteps outside her room, she pretended to be asleep.

“Yoona” she heard a male voice said. He approached her and caressed her hair “I don’t know if you are listening to me but I want you to know that you are not alone… I know you loved Siwon but now that he is gone… I want you to know that you can count on me”

“Kibum” Yoona said not pretending to be asleep anymore and Kibum was shocked

“OMO Yoona I thought you were asleep” he said

“Why were you talking to me as if Siwon was… dead?” she asked with shaky voice. She had a bad feeling but she didn’t want to hear something bad. She was praying he would say it was not what she was thinking.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know…” he said surprised

“Know what?” she asked getting more and more impatient

“Yoona… Siwon is… dead” he said in really low voice. Yoona felt her heart sank.

“YOU ARE LYING!” she yelled at Kibum “Siwon is not dead!”

“Yoona, I’m sorry but you have to face the truth” Kibum said but Yoona didn’t want to listen. She started to hit Kibum desperately to make him go away but he didn’t move. Tears started to fall from Yoona’s eyes as she didn’t want to believe that Siwon was dead.

“Please… say that it is not true” she said crying and Kibum hugged her “Siwon is LA like my father said!

“No Yoona…” Kibum didn’t know how was the right way to tell her that her father had lied to her and that Siwon was actually dead. “He is not in LA, he is dead”

“That can’t be true, Siwon can’t be dead” she said crying with a big pain in her heart. She still couldn’t believe that, she didn’t want to believe it.  

…………………………………………

Siwon woke up the next day with a terrible headache. He tried to get up but he felt dizzy and sat down again.

“Siwon sshi, you are awake” the ahjumma said smiling at him

“Good morning” he said massaging his temples

“Are you ok?” she asked worried

“My head hurts a bit” he said pretending it was nothing serious “But I’ll be ok”

“Siwon oppa good morning!” Hara said greeting him happily and Siwon smiled

“Hi Hara” he said

“Oppa, are you leaving today?” she asked not wanting him to leave yet

“Neh” he said “By now everyone might think I’m dead, I need to go”

“But you are still weak” Hara insisted “You should stay for a little while”

“I think Hara is right” the ahjumma said

“I really appreciate your concern but I really need to go” Siwon said insiting. His head was still hurting but he didn’t mind it.

“At least let me accompany you” Hara said “Until you find your family”

“Thanks” Siwon said and stood up ready to go. He felt dizzy again but he just ignored the feeling

“Hara are you sure you want to guide him?” the ahjumma asked “The city is far away from here”

“I don’t mind walking, grandma” Hara said and smiled at her

“Ok” she said “Be careful you two”

“Bye, thanks a lot for the help” Siwon told her bowing 90º “If I ever get to see you again, I promise I will pay you back for taking care of me”

“No need to worry young man” the ahjumma said “Just be happy”

“Thanks again” he said and left with Hara. He had to go back home as soon as possible.

………………………………………………..

The next day, Yoona was discharged from the hospital. She was feeling a lot better physically but she didn’t want to sleep or eat. She was mad at her parents for lying to her and she didn’t want to talk to anyone. They were really sorry to her and tried to explain but she didn’t let them. She knew they had done that for her sake but she deserved to know.

Yoona locked herself in her room and just went out to go to school. She was still very sad and didn’t want to move on. At school, everyone whispered things as they saw her passing by but couldn’t care less about what they were saying. All she wanted was to finish the year as soon as possible and leave that place that reminded her so much of Siwon.

She was avoiding her friends too as they also gave her memories of Siwon. She couldn’t forget all the times they spent together. Kibum followed her around the whole day because he was concerned about her and she didn’t push him away as she didn’t have the energy to do so, she was trying to ignore him as much as she could.

“Yoona, you have to eat” Kibum told her at lunch time as she was just playing with her food. She didn’t reply as she was lost in her thoughts “Yoong!”

“Don’t call me Yoong!” she said with bitterness “Only Siwon called me Yoong”

“Sorry” Kibum said looking down at his food.

“Sorry, i didn’t want to be mean” she said after seeing she had gone too far

“Yoona you have to move on” Kibum said and she sent him a death glare “Siwon is dead, just face it”

“How can you be so heartless!” Yoona yelled at him. “How can you ask me to forget about him so easily?”

“He is not the only man in the world that can make you happy!” he said “I’m here too Yoona and I love you!”

Kibum suddenly crashed his lips against hers and kissed her. She was shocked and wanted to push him away but Kibum didn’t let her go.

From far away, someone was watching the scene and felt heartbroken. Tears started falling from his eyes. Siwon had just arrived at school and wanted to surprise Yoona but he didn’t expect to see her kissing Kibum. He felt really mad and sad at the same time. He wanted to do something but he couldn’t blame her for trying to move on.

“This is how your girlfriend waits for you?” she asked really mad

“Please don’t say anything about it Hara” he said as he couldn’t believe what he was seeing

“What are you going to do, oppa?” she asked him

“Nothing” he said wiping his tears “Yoona already moved on, so from now on Choi Siwon is already dead” 

.............................

Some of you were asking to make Yoona jealous of Hara, that'll happen a little bit later by now Yoona doesn't know Siwon is alive so what will happen??

Thanks for the comments! :D

Btw i may not be able to update in about a week because of my exams but i'll try to return as soon as possible :3