Chapter 3: Bad news

Love is still sweeter...

Chapter 3: Bad news

Yoona’s dad was walking around his house thinking of how his brother could possibly escape from jail. He was worried about his family, especially Yoona because he knew his brother would want to seek for revenge.

“Do you think we should tell Yoona?” he asked his wife who was worried as well after his husband told her everything

“Tell me what?” Yoona appeared in the door with a bright smile and they were surprised to see their daughter there. Mr. Im didn’t know what to do.

“Mmm nothing” her mother said “Tell you that you should invite your friends for dinner”

“Really?” Yoona asked excited about the idea

“Yes, call them all” Mr. Im said “Your closest friends of course”

“Yes that’s such a nice idea!” Yoona said hugging her parents “I’m gonna call them”

She went to her bedroom leaving her parents alone. Mr. Im sighed.

“Do you think is a good idea to do that?” he asked

“There’s no other way” she said “We want them to be safe”

“But I don’t want Yoona to be scared” he said “I want her to live without worrying about what her uncle could do next”

“It’s the best to let them know, honey” she said “They all deserve to know, especially Siwon”

“I know” Mr. Im said giving up

…………………………………………………………

Yoona called her friends and they all arrived on time for dinner. Siwon, Jessica, Donghae, Yuri and Taec.

“Hi guys!” Yoona greeted them

“Hi Yoong, thanks for the invitation” Siwon said hugging his girlfriend

“No PDA in front of the in laws, Siwon” Taecyeon joked and they all laughed

“Are we celebrating something special?” Donghae asked but Yoona didn’t know what to answer, she was clueless.

“I think it’s just a normal dinner” she said

“Welcome” Mrs. Im said and they all bowed 90º “No need to be so formal”

“Let’s go” Mr. Im lead them to the table and the dinner was served. At first, they were all nervous but then everything went naturally.

They were all enjoying the dinner and the food was delicious. They were chatting about random things when Mr. Im called for their attention.

“Well, you may be wondering why I called you for dinner” he said and they all nodded

“Is something wrong, appa?” Yoona asked worried

“Actually yes” he said “My brother escaped from jail”

“WHAT?!” everyone was shocked to hear those news, especially Yoona and Siwon

“Yes, the police said that you have to be extremely careful” he continued “Especially you Siwon, he might be seeking revenge”

Siwon was speechless; he didn’t know what to say. He wasn’t afraid of that man but he was worried that he could do something against his family or Yoona.

“Wait” Taecyeon said “Isn’t it strange that that man is out of jail and then this Yesung dude is at Seoul University?”

“Who is Yesung?” Yuri asked. Jessica and she didn’t know Yesung.

“When Yoona was kidnapped, Yesung was the guy who called me telling me where she was” Siwon explained

“He was working with Yoona’s uncle” Taecyeon said pissed off “I can’t believe you still trust him!”

“Because he didn’t have another choice” Yoona said

“Actually I agree with Taec” Donghae said “Is strange that he is at the university and at the same time your uncle escaped from jail”

“Do you think he might be spying on us?” Jessica asked

“I still don’t think Yesung is that kind of person” Yoona said

“But…” Siwon was thinking deeply about what happened in the morning “He denied being Yesung when we are a 100% sure he is, he said his name was Jong Woon”

“He did that?” Taecyeon asked surprised “That’s strange, we shouldn’t trust him!”

“Maybe that’s his real name” Yuri said and everyone kept thinking  about that “And Yesung was a fake name”

“You guys should be really careful” Mrs. Im said worried listening to their conversation

“Yoong, I think I’m gonna hire a bodyguard for you” her father said Yoona was extremely surprised to hear that.

“No! Dad I don’t want to follow by someone 24/7!” Yoona complained as she didn’t really like the idea.

“But it’s for your safety!” Mr. Im shot back

“I can take care of myself” Yoona said

“Don’t worry, I’ll look after her” Siwon said and Yoona smiled at him. She didn’t like the fact that they were treating her like a little baby but she preferred having Siwon with her than a bodyguard “I’ll take her home after school and come to take her to university at mornings, do you like the idea?”

“Mmmm it still can be dangerous” Mr. Im said “But it’s better than nothing”

Siwon smiled, Yoona’s father was always that sincere.

“Please take care of her and of yourself” Mrs. Im said with pleading eyes

“Don’t worry, mom” Yoona said smiling at her mom

“Yes, Donghae and I are gonna take care of her too” Taecyeon said and Donghae nodded

“If we stick together, he won’t be able to do something against all of us” Donghae said and they all agreed

“We are all going to look after each other” Jessica said “You don’t have to worry”

“Thanks guys” Yoona said smiling at them “You are the best friends someone can have”

…………………………………………………

(Choi residence)

Sooyoung arrived home a little bit late because she had been busy at school and then buying the groceries as they just moved in again. When she arrived home, she just saw Sulli. No signs of Siwon and Minho.

“Sulli, where are Siwon and Minho?” she asked

“Yoona invited Siwon for dinner” Sulli explained while doing her homework “And Minho is with Krystal. As he can’t see his girlfriend during classes, he wants to spend most of his free time with her”

“What about you?” Sooyoung asked her “Taemin didn’t ask you out?”

“Well he did” Sulli said blushed “But we are too responsible to be hanging out when tomorrow we have to go to school”

Sooyoung laughed when she heard that but then he remembered Onew and her mood changed.

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” Sulli asked noticing her sister’s face

“Nothing” she said but Sulli knew her better than that

“Is it because of Jinki oppa?” Sulli asked and Sooyoung nodded

“I haven’t heard from him in three months and when I meet him today, all he can say is that he is in a hurry!” Sooyoung said and was about to cry but she held back the tears

“He might have been really busy” Sulli said trying to excuse him

“For the three months we were in LA, Yoona called Siwon almost every day. Minho and Krystal sent messages to each other all the time, Taemin even went to visit you!” Sooyoung said “And what about Jinki? Not even a single call!”

“But unnie…” Sulli knew that Sooyoung was right to be mad because he was the only who didn’t keep in touch with them when they left “You didn’t call him either, did you?”

“Of course I called him!” Sooyoung said. Sulli was surprised because that wasn’t how Sooyoung was most of the time. “But I gave up because he didn’t answer the phone, not even once”

“Unnie, he lives right next to us” Sulli said “Why don’t you go and talk to him?”

“For what?” Sooyoung asked annoyed “If he doesn’t want to see me, then I not going to see him”

In that moment, the door opened and they saw Siwon coming in. He didn’t look as happy as they expected. He seemed worried and little bit mad.

“Where’s Minho?” he asked

“With Krystal” Sulli said “What’s wrong oppa? You look bad”

“Did something happen in Yoona’s house?” Sooyoung asked

“Everything is fine between Yoona and me” he explained “What is wrong is that that man is out of jail”

“WHAT?!” both of them said at the said time

“How could that be possible?!” Sooyoung asked in disbelief

“He escaped, I still don’t know how!” Siwon said and couldn’t hide his rage “Girls, you must be really careful. He won’t happy until he finished what he started 15 years ago”