The Talk

An Unforgettable Summer

 

 

Your POV;

You fiddled around with your fingers anxiously as the atmosphere grew strangely awkward. You glanced back and forth between Baekhyun and Luhan. You had asked the 2 boys to go to the park to talk.

“Minnie-ah~” Baekhyun muttered, looking down at his feet. His hand held onto yours tightly, not wanting to let you go.

“Y-Yes?” You stutter, glancing to look at him. His face was grim as he glanced up and met eyes with you.

“What did you want to talk about?” He repeated once more. His eyes left yours and stared off into the distance.

“He’s right,” Luhan spoke up, making you jump. You blinked a few times, trying to recapture your thoughts.

“Um…” You murmured, fiddling with your fingers.

What did I want to talk to them about anyways?

You felt their gazes on you as you stared at the both of them. You looked down at your hands in your lap, watching you fiddle with your fingers.

“I-I just… was wondering why you guys hate each other so much?” You blurted out as you inwardly slapped yourself.

Dang it, Min Chan! Just ask them! Just ask them what actually happened to you!

“Why I hate Luhan?” Baekhyun scoffed, “You know why, Minnie!”

“Why I hate Baekhyun?” Luhan scowled.

You nodded, “Baek, if you don’t mind, I want to start with Luhan.”

 

Luhan’s POV;

“Why I hate Byun Baekhyun?” I asked, tapping my chin. “Well this is going to get interesting, don’t you think, didi?” I sneered, locking eyes with Baekhyun.

“Don’t call me that.” He growled, searching my eyes for answers.

His eyes flickered back and forth, falling deeper into a pool of confusion. I felt my lips tug into a smirk as I left his eyes for Min Chan’s. I locked my eyes with hers and smirked.

“Let’s get this show on the road, shall we?”

~~~~~~~~~~ Flashback ~~~~~~~~~~

It was a dark and gloomy night when Ji Eun broke up with me. It was pouring outside, raining like no tomorrow. I remember the look on her face, the grim expression she wore as the words slipped out of . Those few words scarred me for the rest of my life. Those few, stupid, annoying words that I never thought she would say to me. I remember crying to Baekhyun and Sehun about it, letting out all of my feelings and telling them every single detail. I remember that lasting for days, even weeks maybe.

When I heard that she found someone else, I died inside. She was everything to me, everything I ever wished and hoped for. And to be crushed by those simple words… it’s just complete bull. I trust every detail of myself to her, every single secret. I trusted her so much- maybe a little too much.

Knowing her, Ji Eun probably rushed off to Baekhyun’s apartment. She probably told him everything that happened. I don’t know why, but he hasn’t been talking to me at all, these past 2 years… it’s was like he was angry at me, upset about something I did. I don’t get why he would listen to me go on after Ji Eun broke up with me when he hasn’t been talking to me in forever.

I remember what triggered my brain into hating Baekhyun. I remember every single damn detail of that day. It was a few weeks after Ji Eun broke up with me. I was walking to the convenient store to buy some more milk and snacks for my apartment. It was a perfect day- the sun was shining, no clouds were in sight, the birds chirping happily, the cars bustling by, and people scattering about in the big city.

I bowed to the cashier as I grabbed the bag full of paid goodies and stepped out of the store. I froze in my spot instantly when I heard 2 familiar voices. I tip-toed over, just curious of why they were together. After all, why wouldn’t you? I mean, come on! Hearing your ex-best friend and ex-girlfriend together? Come on, don’t tell me you wouldn’t do this either!

I heard her laugh as she relaxed on the bench they were sitting on. They were enjoying their ice cream, laughing like they were the closest friends ever. I felt a pang in my chest; I didn’t know if it was from jealousy or hatred.

“Baek!” I heard her breathing heavily, trying to catch her breath. Baekhyun took a glance over to her, tilting his head slightly.

“Yes, Ji Ji?” he answered, wrapping his finished popsicle stick in the wrapper it came in.

“I meant to ask you something earlier…”

I notice her tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and releasing it moments later. Tucking, releasing- her habit when whenever she was nervous or lying. My heart started to pound, yet I was unsure why. Was it because I knew something was going to happen between the 2 of them or was it because I was going to hate what was going to happen?

“What is it?” He asked, flashing her a reassuring smile. I clenched my fists, wanting to smack that arrogant smile off his face.

“I…” She looked down, playing with her fingers. My heart clenched, tightening slowly as her words spilled from her lips, “I like you a lot. I know I told you already but I can’t take it anymore. I want you to be by my side forever.”

That made me snap. Those words… she said those to me just weeks ago. I dropped the bag as the words rang out in my head. They looked at where I was standing, shock and surprised filled their faces. I blinked at them a few times before I ran past them, not caring if they saw me. I felt tears run down my face, dripping down to the ground like raindrops on that gloomy day.

“Luhan!” I heard Baekhyun tell.

I gritted my teeth and ignored him, running faster than ever. My heart pounded in my chest as my lungs burned, longing for oxygen. I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing this was all a dream and that she was lying. My mind told me something else. An act. That’s what it told me. These past 2 years were a en act. I squeezed my eyes tighter, furrowing my eyebrows and ran faster than I ever had. Running as fast as I could, just to get away from it all.

~~~~~~~~~~ End of Flashback ~~~~~~~~~~

“So yeah… I just hate him because he lied to me.” I lied, smiling sadly at her.

Of course I didn’t tell her all of that… that wouldn’t have been any fun at all~

I heard Baekhyun scoff and I automatically glared at him. We locked eyes, starting another staring contest. His eyes looked away when Min Chan spoke up.

“Ah… I see~” She muttered quietly. I blinked a few times, unsure of her tone.

She… she sounds like she feels sorry? Min Chan? Feeling sorry for me? Wow… what an achievement..

I just nodded, jutting out my bottom lip. I stared up into the night sky as my eyes twinkled along with the stars, dancing as they flickered brighter.

Maybe I will tell her the truth… maybe. Just maybe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Mother. Of. Bacon. It's been a while, hasn't it? :') 
I AM BAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK GUYS! Hehe, get it? Baek? Back? No? ... okay :c
JUST KIDDING! I miss you guys ): so so so so much!

I am such a horrible author ;A; I haven't been updating much... I hope you guys can understand...
Winter Break is almost done and I got caught up with all of the parties... *bows apologetically* I'm so sorry! ><

Hmm, you guys got to see what's in side little Lulu's mind today~ >:) Hehe, 2 different stories about their break up?! Oh no! what's going to happen? O:

.... I am not funny. Omg guys. I should get slapped for this. OTL I'll try to update the next chapter when I can... If you guys didn't know, I'm working on the spot xD So it's all kinda... written horribly.. OTL 

Anyways! Thank you for all of the subscribers, comments, and love! You guys are so nice to me ;A; Enjoy this update! I will be back soon! (hopefully... /slapped) Keke~ ^^

-xlulzdianeex