EXO? Part 2

An Unforgettable Summer

 

 

Your POV;

After the photo-shoot, the boys took you to a cute little café and treated you to some coffee. Kris, Luhan, Chanyeol, Kai, Xiumin, and D.O went home early- complaining about how tired they were.

“Ah, I love this place~ The coffee’s great!” Suho sighed happily as he took a sip of his latte. The rest nodded in agreement and sipped their coffee quietly.

“Minnie-ah, did you get a white chocolate mocha?” Baekhyun giggled as he pointed at your coffee.

“Ani, I got a salted caramel mocha today~” You grinned, “Wae? Wanted to have a sip?”

“Every day, any day!” He winked and took a sip of his cappuccino.

“Why do you always drink bitter coffee, Baek? That’s so gross!” You made a face and took another sip of your mocha.

“Min Chan’s right, hyung! You’re always drinking really bitter coffee… how can you even stand that taste?!” Sehun nodded at me.

“At least I drink coffee! You’re the only one drinking hot chocolate!” Baekhyun pouted.

“Hyung, pouting may work with Min Chan but it doesn’t work with me… it’s just plain creepy, seeing you like that.” Sehun cringe as he shook the image out of his head.

“W-what?! I-it doesn’t work on me!” You retorted. A singe of pink brushed along your cheeks.

“Sehun-ah, don’t pink on Min Chan. She’s your noona,” Lay scolded firmly. Sehun muttered a small “sorry” and occupied his time by staring at the small marshmallows floating around in the mug.

“Oooh! Umma Lay is back!” Chen grinned with a twinkle in his eye.

“What are you talking about, gege? He’s always being an umma 24/7, Chen Chen gege!” Tao laughed as he slapped Chen’s hand for a high-five.

“Guys!” Lay hissed as he glared at the 2 troublemakers. They only laughed hard, making you laugh along with them.

“I thought D.O was the umma!” You wiped away the tears that were forming in your eyes. You stopped laughing and caught your breath. The 2 boys were still laughing, clenching onto their stomachs in pain.

“Yah! Stop it you two!” You glared. They stopped laughing and sat upright normally.

“He is,” Baekhyun grinned, “Lay’s the umma for EXO-M~”

Your eyebrows furrowed together, “Okay, I still don’t get this- what exactly is EXO and who are in EXO-M besides Lay?”

Baekhyun opened his mouth but Suho cut him off, “Baekhyun-ah, let me explain this~” Baekhyun nodded and took another sip from his mug.

“EXO was a band that we all made when we were in middle school and high school. There were 2 groups- EXO-K and EXO-M,” Suho told you. You nodded as he continued, “In EXO-M were Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Lay, and Chen~”

“Oh!” Your eyes brightened as you understood, “So that means that you, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O, Kai, and Sehun were in EXO-K?”

“Exactly!” Suho grinned.

“But why were there EXO-K and M?” You tilted your head to the side in confusion.

“I got this hyung,” Sehun spoke up and looked at you, “We were in EXO-K because we sang the Korean version of the songs, while EXO-M sang the Mandarin version.”

“Oh! I get it!” You clapped your hands together in understanding. You smiled as the members nodded, smiling back at you.

“Oh, look at the time! We’ve got to go, guys! It’s getting late!” Suho rushed. The boys groaned as the chugged the remaining coffee in their mugs. Suho smacked down some bills. You followed suit and walked outside with the boys. The warm evening breeze wafted around you and the 6 boys. Suho bowed apologetically to you.

“Mianhaeyo, Min Chan-ssi. We’ll talk to you soon, arraso?” He beamed.

“Aish, just call me Min Chan. Arraso, arraso. Now just get back to the boys before they make a mess, oppa~” You grinned. Suho’s smile widened even more when he heard you calling him oppa.

“Arraso~ Baekhyun-ah, you’re taking Min Chan home, right?” Suho asked you. Your eyebrow rose as you pointed at yourself.

“Baek’s taking me?”

“Who else, pabo~” Baekhyun’s voice breathed into your hair. You turned around to face him. He flicked your forehead softly. You flinched at the touch. You rubbed your forehead carefully as a pout escaped onto your lips.

“Yah! That hurt, Baek!” You pouted even more. The boys laughed at your silliness and cuteness. The sound of all 6 of them laughing made you smile.

It’s been awhile since I felt so welcomed and happy… ah~ This should last forever~

“Arraso, let’s go Minnie~” Baekhyun smiled at you. Choruses of byes were said before we walked away from the others. Baekhyun took your hand in his as he guided you to the car. Your face felt warm as he squeezed your hand and gave you a wide grin.

“Minnie-ah~” He breathed as he pulled you close to him. He wrapped his strong arms around your waist, making you blush as red as a ripe tomato.

“Y-yeah?” You stuttered. He pulled away from the hug and looked down at the ground. You noticed him taking a deep breath before looking back up at you. He took another deep breath before summing up all of his courage and spoke. Your eyes widened as your heart began to race. His words echoed in your mind.

“Minnie-ah, I know I haven’t known you… for long. But the moment I met you in that coffee shop, I knew that someday- I’d be doing this. I knew it, I just had a feeling it would happen. You were so beautiful, so eye catching. My breath stopped the moment I met you. Ever since then, I’m so glad that I met you then. You made my days and nights the most memorable in the past 20 years that I’ve been living. I promise you that I’ll protect you. I promise that I’ll make you feel like the happiest girl alive. I promise to be the best boyfriend I can be. I’ll make promises to anything you’d like. So, Lee Min Chan, will you be my girlfriend?”