First Doc's Appointment

Uncommitted?

You woke up with a terrible headache the next morning, not only that, but your neck also hurt. You coughed a bit, making your headache worse. You slowly sat up on your bed and looked around. You were still in Soomin's guest room. You stood up from the bed and decided to go look for some medicine.

"Unni, what are you doing? It's freaking four in the morning." Soomin said as she was awaken by the sounds you were making, but of course not on purpose.

"I'm not feeling well," you commented as you leaned against the table, dizzy.

Soomin walked closer to you and pressed her hand against your forehead. "Damn it, you're burning!" She said as she quickly started to look for some medicine too. When she found the right one, she froze.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"I'm not sure if I should give it to you." She commented.

"What? Soomin! I feel like I'm about to die!" You complained.

"But you're pregnant. I can't give you any medication!" Soomin protested. She pulled out a chair and made you sit down on it. "I'll prepare some hot tea for you, okay?"

You rested your head on the table, not wanting to move. You felt as though someone just hit your head really hard.

 

You slowly opened your eyes, not knowing exactly what happened. You looked around, your head didn't hurt anymore. Was it just a dream?  You thought. Suddenly, Soomin walked into the room already dressed up.

"Get ready, unni, I called the doctor saying we would arrive early because you're not feeling well." She commented.

"Mwo?"

"Doesn't your head hurt anymore?" Soomin asked. You shook your head. "Well, anyways, I'm not calling the doctor again. Get up and get ready." She ordered and then left.

You yawned and stretched your arms. When you got out of bed, you pulled your shirt up, staring at your belly. It has gotten just a little bit big. You slowly caressed it, feeling so awkward.

AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE

"Okay girls, I'm back with the results." The Doc said as he walked back into his office. "Miss, your results turned out to be all positive. You're six weeks pregnant now." He slowly nodded. You didn't show any emotion to that. The doctor cleared his throat and continued. "We'll probably be able to get a heartbeat next week, and if there's no problem with it, we won't need another appointment until you're about 18 to 20 weeks pregnant, so we can determine the baby's gender, and then later your due date." He informed.

You slowly nodded. Soomin smiled back to the doctor. "Thank you, doctor. Um, we have another issue. Today she woke up with a terrible headache and she was also coughing. She was burning too. I was afraid to give her some medicine so I decided to prepare some tea instead. Could you please give her a medication?"

"Yes, that was another thing we had to talk about. Apparently, you got sick, miss. I won't give you a medicine for the meantime. Let's try to make the sickness go away by taking a better care of yourself, araseo? If it doesn't work, then I'll give you some medicine." He nodded. "Also, for the constant mood swings, try to relax and sleep as much as you can so you won't be fatigued." He smiled.

"Gamsahabnida," Both you and Soomin thanked with a bow and then left.

"Oh my God!" Soomin shouted as soon as you guys walked out of the office. You looked straight ahead, not staring at anything in particular. "Unni! You're pregnant!" She shouted. You slowly nodded, too shocked even though you already knew, but now it is confirmed!

"My parents are going to kill me..." You murmured.

"Ha?!" Soomin questioned.

"They'll tell me to abort." You said as you finally made some eye contact with Soomin.

"WHAT?! NO! That's not even an option, unni! If you don't want the baby, the best you can do is give it for adoption!" She said.

"Adoption?" You asked.

"Look, you're overwhelmed right now, don't jump into any conclusions, ok?" Soomin said.

You pressed your hand against your forehead and heaved a sigh. I don't even know if I want this baby... I'm not even ready to be a mother! Why did I have to had ?! You shouted, frustrated, totally regretting it.

"Come on, we should go eat lunch." Soomin said as she pulled you outside.

 

"Aish! Byunghun, how is it possible that I found out you broke up your engagement through gossip?!" Mr. Lee shouted, clearly mad at his son.

"Gossip?! Who's the big mouth?" L.Joe furrowed his eyebrows.

"YAH! Why did you cancel the wedding?! Do you know how this will affect your mother?!" Mr. Lee shouted.

"Affect eomma?" He raised an eyebrow and then shook his head. "It's none of her business! I'm better without her anyways..."

"I'm not going to allow this! Byunghun, I swear, if you become a player again, you won't get anything from us!" His father said, angrily.

"Why do I have to get married to get your money?" L.Joe asked straightforwardly.

"That girl could put some sense into your head! You became a better man when you started to have a serious relationship, son, now that she's gone, you're back to the player I'm not going to tolerate!"

"What's the rush anyways? I'm 27 years old, I can still find another daughter-in-law for you guys." L.Joe said, not really caring.

His father couldn't take it anymore as he exploded right in front of him. He couldn't stop shouting at his son until two hours were over and he ordered him to leave. For some reason, Byunghun wasn't even the slightest bothered by it. He got into his car and drove away.

 

You handed the menu back to the waiter after you ordered and then simply stared at Soomin, who was smiling while reading a text message.

"Ricky?" You asked with a smirk.

Soomin nodded happily. "Ne! He wants to do something tonight."

You bit your lower lip, feeling a bit jealous about your friend because she was still in a relationship while yours ended, and not in a good way. What could Byunghun be doing now? You asked yourself and heaved a sigh, making Soomin look up at you.

"Mianhae unni, I'll tell Ricky that I can't so we two can - "

"No! Don't, Soomin." You shook your head and smiled. "You don't have to cancel your plans because of me. Go out and have fun with Ricky. I'll find something really entertaining to do in your apartment." You nodded.

"Sure?" Soomin asked, unsure.

You nodded. "Definitely!"

"Okay then...BUT, if you need something - anything! - you know my number." She smiled.

"I know, thanks, dongsaeng-ah!" You smiled.

"Now...do you want to go shopping later? I want something new." Soomin smiled.

You nodded. "Sure, I would love to."

 

Meanwhile, Ricky was with his friends too. He smiled when Soomin accepted to go out with him, it's been a while since they've went out, in fact, they haven't gone out after you broke up the engagement with Byunghun.

"Is ____ with her?" Changjo, your best guy friend, asked.

Ricky nodded. "Ne. She'll be staying alone tonight, I guess."

"Where are you taking Soomin?" Niel asked.

"To this new club a few blocks from her apartment." Ricky smiled.

"Hmm...it's been a while since I've went to a club," Chunji commented.

"I'm in, if you want to go to one," L.Joe said as he just walked into the living room, joining them.

Chunji raised an eyebrow. "Looks like you're handling your break up smoothly."

L.Joe nodded and shrugged. "I'll see you guys in the club then."


Thanks to all the ones who left a comment! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far, and I hope this chapter wasn't a bad one ><

I'll try to update asap again, OK? ^^

♥ ]