Picture Perfect

Uncommitted?

Myungsoo took a deep breath, and looked down at his coffee. He didn't quite understand what exactly he was feeling. He was positive that he would always be there for you, but now it seemed more real, in a way. Your pregnancy affected him sometimes, but still, he never stopped being with you.

"Myungsoo, why don't you go back and rest? You've been here all night. I'll make sure you won't miss a single detail." Minji said as she put her hand on his shoulder.

"No," Myungsoo shook his head. "I want to stay here, Minji."

Minji pressed her lips together, but nodded. She heaved a sigh and sat down next to Myungsoo.

Meanwhile, you were inside the room doing your best to push the baby out. You were sure that no pain could be compareable to this one. You regretted so much that you didn't ask for some medications that could help you feel no pain at all, or at least less pain.

"____, you're almost there." Your doctor said. "Now, push."

You turned to look at Byunghun for a second. He squeezed your hand, assuring you that everything would be alright. You looked back at the front and pushed again. "Aahh!"

"Here you are, little boy." Your doctor said and soon you heard cries.

Byunghun's head immediately turned towards the doctor's arms, but he never left your side. In a second, another nurse came and took the baby. She smiled, holding the baby, and walked to your side.

"Do you have a name for him?" She asked.

Your baby was covered in blood, yet it was the most beautiful baby in the world for you and Byunghun. You smiled and bit your lower lip, your eyes were filled with tears in seconds, and you cried, but they were happy tears. Byunghun was so touched too, he couldn't help but to cry with you. He nodded and squeezed your hand again.

"Yes, we've been expecting you, Hyunsu." Byunghun said with a smile, though he was crying too.

"I'll go get baby Hyunsu cleaned up," the nurse said and then she left.

Byunghun turned to look at you and kissed your forehead. Both of you crying of happiness.

A few minutes later, some nurses came to move you into another room so that you could rest. When you got to your room, the nurse that took your baby came back. She smiled and put your son in your arms for the first time. You looked down at him and smiled. He was already sleeping.

"You did great tonight, honey." Byunghun said as he kissed your temple, and lovingly caressed Hyunsu's small hand.

"Thank you, Hun, for being there." You said as you turned to look at him.

"Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for anything in the world." He smiled.

Just then, Byunghun's parents and grandparents, your parents, Soomin, L.Joe's friends, and Myungsoo walked into the room. They were holding balloons and gifts.

"Congratulations!" Mrs. Lee said as she pulled Byunghun into a hug.

"Thank you, mom." Byunghun said as he hugged her. Everyone started to congratulate both Byunghun and you too.

"Unni, he's so handsome already." Soomin smiled as she looked down at your son. You smiled. "I noticed I never did a baby shower for you. With everything that was going on. But, here is your belated baby shower." She said as she showed you the gifts and balloons.

"Thank you, dongsaeng." You smiled.

Myungsoo walked closer to you, and Soomin moved away so that you two could talk.

"Hello beautiful. How are you doing?" He asked as he sat down on the chair next to the bed. You smiled and nodded. "Congratulations. We've been waiting for this little guy, huh."

"Thank you, Myungsoo." You said as your eyes were starting to fill with tears again.

"Aw, it's okay, sweetie." Myungsoo said as he caressed your cheek. He chuckled.

Mr. Lee was looking at both of you all the time, and it made him feel uncomfortable. He looked around the room for Byunghun, and found him talking with his grandparents. "Hey son, can we talk?" He said. Byunghun smiled and nodded. "Outside."

Byunghun furrowed his eyebrows and after checking on you for a second, he walked out of the room. "Is there something wrong, dad?"

"Congratulations, son, again." He said with a smile. Byunghun was surprised, but smiled. "Anyways, that's not what I wanted to talk with you about. Son, what's going on between you and ____?"

"Uh...we...it's complicated, dad." Byunghun sighed.

"I don't think it's too complicated to explain though," Mr. Lee raised an eyebrow.

"In fact, it is, dad. It is too complicated to explain." Byunghun shrugged.

"Well, I'm pretty sure that Myungsoo is part of it. If you want ____ back, you need to make sure that Myungsoo leaves." He said.

Byunghun took a deep breath. Myungsoo was the last thing he wanted to think about today, in his son's birthday. "I'll deal with it, dad, ok?" He said and then walked back into the room, not in the mood.

A few hours later, one by one, they slowly left. You wanted to stay in the hospital for the night, just to make sure that everything was alright, and because you were still a bit afraid of going back home. Hyunsu is your first child, and you needed to be assured that everything would be fine. At night, only Myungsoo and Byunghun stayed with you.

"Oh, the baby's hungry." A nurse said as she walked into the room with Hyunsu in her arms. "You can try again, ____."

You were so upset and a bit worried about Hyunsu during all day. He has been crying and you didn't understand why. You tried to nurse him, but he didn't seem to want it. And once again, you were going to try.

You took your son into your arms and pulled down your clothes. Myungsoo turned to look at somewhere else, just like Byunghun had. It felt really awkward.

Your eyes widened and your lips parted apart, surprised. Soon, you smiled. The nurse smiled and nodded too.

"Oh, that's good." She said. Hyunsu was nursing for the first time. The nurse made sure that you were alright and then left.

"How does it feel?" Byunghun asked as he turned to look at you.

"It's weird..." You said and blushed a bit. "But...um...in a good way. It feels..." You lightly chuckled and shook your head.

Myungsoo turned to look at you too, and then he slowly stood up. "Um, I'll be right back." He said and left the room. He quickly walked away, feeling extremely uncomfortable and out of place. He took a deep breath and leaned against the wall. He felt out of place.

Byunghun smiled and sat down on the bed with you, wrapping his arm around you. You looked up at Byunghun and smiled. He smiled back and nodded.

Myungsoo bit his lower lip and shook his head. No, I'm not out of place. I belong here, with her. Yes. He took another deep breath and exhaled. He made his way back into the room, but stopped when he saw you with Byunghun. You were in his arms, nursing Hyunsu. It looked picture perfect. He bit his lower lip, just staring, but unable to go back into the room.