Dinner Party

Uncommitted?

The next day you were really bored. You spent all day alone, without anything special to do. Byunghun left home early in the morning to go help his father with some arrangements, and said that he would come back home to pick you up for dinner. Also, Minji wouldn't be back until tomorrow, and Myungsoo is still very busy.

You heaved a sigh as you walked into your bedroom, deciding that since you didn't have anything to do, you would start to get ready now. You looked through your closet, trying to find something appropriate for the event and comfortable at the same time. Of course there was no way you could hide your belly now, but besides, you didn't want to. Though sometimes carrying a big belly could be tiring, you still didn't mind it much.

A while later, you decided to wear a comfortable, classy, long dress. You accesorized a bit and put on some light make-up. In an hour or so, you were ready.

Just a while after you were done, Byunghun came back home. He quickly parked the car and ran into the house.

"! I need to get ready now!" He shouted as he got into his own bedroom.

"Uh...Hello?" You kind of asked, furrowing your eyebrows.

"Mianhaeyo, ____, but my dad asked me to help him all day and then got stressed because I wasn't well dressed for the event, and it's about to start." Byunghun shouted from his bedroom.

"Uh-huh, yes." You said, not really caring.

He walked out of his bedroom, trying to do his tie. "Wow, ____, you look beautiful." He smiled. You thanked him and smiled back. Just then, he stopped doing his tie and walked towards you, putting his hand on your belly. "If our son could see you, he'd say I was an incredible idiot for letting you go."

"Ha..." You said, surprised. You didn't know what to answer back.

Byunghun took a step back and smiled, continuing with his tie again. You looked down at his neck and heaved a sigh as you took a step closer and helped him.

"I don't know what's going on, I just can't do it right today. Thank you."

"It's probably because you're stressing so much about it, and you're welcome." You said as you were done.

"It looks perfect," He smiled and then walked back into his bedroom again to put on his shoes. "Done. Shall we go now?"

When you two were outside, Byunghun, like a total gentleman, opened the door for you and helped you in. Once again, you couldn't help but to think about the times when he was courting you. When you were in, he walked to his side and got in too. Even though you two were already late to the event, Byunghun still didn't dare to drive quickly, because you were pregnant. A while later, you two arrived.

"____! You look beautiful tonight. I'm so glad you came." Byunghun's dad said as he pulled you into a hug. Then, it was his mom's turn. "How's your pregnancy doing?"

"Is Byunghun treating you well?" Mrs. Lee asked.

You nodded, "It's going very well, and yes, he's been great."

"I'm very glad to hear that!" Byunghun's grandmother said as she walked towards you with his grandfather following behind. The two of them greeted you, happy to see you too.

"We heard the baby's a boy." Harabeoji smiled. You nodded and smiled back.

For most of the night, you spent a lot of time with Byunghun's family, except L.Joe himself and his father. They were probably busy entertaining and talking to their business partners.

"Son, do you think ____ and you will ever get back together?" Mr. Lee asked.

Byunghun heaved a sigh and shrugged, "I don't have the main idea. I've been thinking about it quite a lot."

"You really do want to be with her again, don't you?"

Byunghun nodded. "Yes. I regret very much what I did when we were engaged. If I hadn't been such an idiot, we would be married now." He said with a smile.

Mr. Lee nodded too. "Well, if I were you, I would court her again. Let her know how you feel and that you won't hurt her again. She might have lost all her trust in you, but you can gain it back. It will take time, but you can."

"Thank you, dad." Byunghun nodded.

Mr. Lee heaved a sigh. "Now, stop bothering me and go look for your child's mother." He smiled. Byunghun smiled back and nodded before leaving.

He walked around the house, looking for you, and finally found you with his mother and grandparents. He went towards you and pulled you away from them after asking it nicely and politely.

"Did I make another mistake asking you to come and let you die from boredom?" He asked.

You chuckled a bit, thinking of it as a joke, and shook your head. "Hm, no."

"Well, for the rest of the night, I'm all yours. What would you like to do, beautiful?" Byunghun asked sweetly.

Even though he used to treat you like that, right now he just reminded you of Myungsoo.

"____?" Byunghun asked when he noticed that you were spacing out.

You blinked and then turned to look at him. "Uh...I...am hungry."

"Hungry?" He smiled. "Well, come with me." He said as he pulled you back into the house. He went to the buffet and came back with a plate. You were happy and surprised to see that it was filled with your favorites.

"Thank you, Hun." You grinned, calling him by his nickname for the first time in so long.

Byunghun was surprised and happy at the same time. When you heard what you said, you were surprised too.

"You're welcome, love. Only for you." He smiled as he moved closer to you and kissed your cheek.

You felt happy and awkward at the same time. You still didn't trust him, but maybe, just maybe, someday in the future you will start to trust him again.