First Contractions

Uncommitted?

THREE MONTHS AND A FEW DAYS LATER

You were a couple of days away from your due date, and you felt really nervous but excited at the same time. Both Byunghun and Myunsoo have been here for you, and though it has made everything much easier, it still made you sad every time you looked at them.

Right now, you were in the living room watching a movie, while Byunghun and Myunsoo were in the kitchen together. It made you feel uncomfortable, but you hoped that they could get along well.

On the other hand, Byunghun hated the idea of having Myungsoo in his house. He wanted to throw him out, but he knew that it would only hurt your feelings and make you hate him.

"Hey, Byunghun, I know we're not friends, but...I think we should get along for ____." Myungsoo finally decided to break the silence and speak.

"I don't think that way, Myungsoo. It's enough to be civil with each other. Besides, I don't think I'll ever get along with you." Byunghun narrowed his eyes.

"Why is that?" Myungsoo asked.

Byunghun turned to look at him. "Why is that? Because you're dating my son's mother."

Myungsoo stopped what he was doing to give all his attention to Byunghun. "She loves me, Byunghun, it's her choice."

"I'm not going to talk to you about this," Byunghun shook his head.

"Why do you want to make this worse for her? If you really love her, Byunghun, you would be happy for her, not making it even more difficult."

"Why? Because she's happy with you?"

"Yes, that's exactly why, Byunghun. I love her and this is my chance. You had yours and blew it off, don't blame it on me."

Byunghun turned around and furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. "I love her, Myungsoo, and I know she can be much happier with me."

"I don't think so, Byunghun, or else she would be yours now, but she's not."

Byunghun was filled with anger at this point. He had this urge to punch Myungsoo, but he knew it wasn't right. He was glad when he saw Minji walk into the kitchen, that way, he knew he wouldn't do something he would regret later.

"Is everything alright here?" Minji asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

Byunghun heaved a sigh and continued with what he was doing. Myungsoo bit his lower lip and turned around too, giving his back to Byunghun.

You were alone in the living room, and honestly, having Myungsoo and Byunghun in the same room made you really nervous. You decided to go check on what they were doing. As soon as you walked into the kitchen, both of them turned all of their attention towards you.

"Hey, beautiful, is everything okay?" Myungsoo asked lovingly. Byunghun remained quiet, though he also cared.

You nodded. "Yes, just wanted to come...check."

"Are you hungry? I'm almost done with your favorite." Byunghun said sweetly.

You smiled. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, ____." Byunghun smiled back.

Minji cleared and turned to you. "____, let them continue cooking."

You nodded and smiled at all of them before leaving the kitchen. Minji washed her hands and then left too.

"Why do you think you can make ____ happier than I do?" Myungsoo suddenly asked.

"Because I can, Myungsoo. She's my son's mother, she's everything I need. Why can't you back off and let her be with me?" Byunghun asked as he turned to look at him.

"I'm willing to do anything for her. That child might not be mine, but if ____ stays with me, I'll take care of your son too. I know it's crazy, I mean, why would I want someone else's kid? But...I don't know."

Byunghun remained still. "I don't care about what you want or you think, Myungsoo. The only reason why I haven't kicked you out is because of ____. You're right, she might have chosen you, but I'm not going to give up on her."

Myungsoo slowly nodded. "I'm not going to give up on her either."

That night, during dinner, you felt happy. You didn't even have the main idea why, you just did. When you were done eating, Myungsoo and Byunghun both offered to do the dishes and let you and Minji go relax. Byunghun heaved an annoyed sigh when he knew that he would be stuck with Myungsoo in the same room, again. Luckily, because they were two, they finished pretty quick.

"Aah - ouch!" You shouted as you put one hand on your belly and another one on your back.

Byunghun immediately stood up from his seat and went to you. "What's wrong?"

"It hurts...I think I'm having contractions right now." You said when the pain was gone.

"What?! Right now? We have to get you in the hospital!" Myungsoo said.

You nodded. "Hun, the bags." You said, referring to the ones you guys had prepared with clothes and stuff you'll need while you're at the hospital.

Byunghun nodded and ran to go get the bags.

"MINJI! ____'s in labor!" Myungsoo shouted and then helped you. "Come on, sweetie, I'll get you in the car."

"Yah! We'll use my car." Byunghun said.

"No! Mine is already outside, Byunghun! We'll use mine!" Myungsoo said back. "I'll get her to the hospital. You need to take Minji."

"What? No, I'm taking her." Byunghun said.

"Okay, that's enough! Woman in labor here! Please get me to the damn hospital!" You shouted.

Myungsoo helped you inside the back seats of his car, and he quickly got to the driver's seat. Before Myungsoo could drive away, Byunghun opened the car and leaned down towards you.

"I'll be right behind you," He whispered and without thinking twice, he pulled you in for a kiss. Before you could react, he pulled away and closed the door, and Myungsoo drove away.