Stepping Back

Uncommitted?

You spent the rest of the day in your bedroom, waiting for Minji to come back with Hyun Su. You couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier, and every now and then you would cry again. On the other hand, Byunghun was sitting outside in the living room, mad at himself for treating you that way. He knew that he shouldn't have done that, but he was so desperate and he acted without thinking first.

"We're back home," Minji said as she walked into the house with a few bags and Hyun Su.

Byunghun immediately stood up and went to get Hyun Su from her. "I'm very glad you're back home, son." He whispered and kissed his forehead. Hyun Su simply looked up at his father, expressionless.

"I should go cook dinner now. Where's ____?" Minji asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Oh no, don't worry, Minji, I'll cook tonight, you can go rest. She's in her bedroom. I'm sure she'll be happy to know that Su Su is back." Byunghun said, walking on the opposite direction, up the stairs. He took a deep breath and looked into his son's eyes. "Daddy did something terrible... Could you please make mommy understand that he's very sorry? More than she thinks."

Hyun Su furrowed his eyebrows, and then turned to look at the door in front of them. He then banged his little hands against the door, without realizing that he was in fact knocking.

"Nnn...mmm...bah!" Hyun Su mumbled and then turned to look back at Byunghun.

On the other side, you were hesitating whether to open the door or not, until you heard Hyun Su's sweet voice. You immediately stood up from the bed and went to open the door. You were mad to see Byunghun carrying him instead of Minji. Without thinking, you forcefully pulled Hyun Su away from him, and threw the door closed.

"WAAAH!" Hyun Su cried out loud.

"Shh, I'm sorry baby..." You whispered soothingly. "Don't cry."

Soon, there was another knock on your door. "____, open the door, please." Byunghun pleaded. You simply ignored him as you tried to calm down your son. "We can't possibly let things like this...Let's talk...please."

Since Hyun Su wouldn't calm down, you started to hum a lullaby.

"At least let me try to calm down my son!" Byunghun said.

Humph, as if you knew how to treat people. You thought and rolled your eyes. "Mommy didn't mean to scare you, baby." You said and then kissed his round cheeks. "Can you please forgive me?"

"Fine! Be that way! I already said I'm sorry, and you won't even let me prove it to you! You'll need to come out of that room sometime, ____." Byunghun said, and then after that, you didn't hear anything else.

Later that night, since you haven't eaten dinner yet, you started to feel very hungry. Hyun Su had already nursed and he was now sleeping soundly. You silently walked to the door, and as soon as you opened it, someone feel down to the floor. You covered your mouth, not wanting to scream and wake up Hyun Su.

Byunghun sat back up on the floor and looked at you, scratching the back of his head.

"What the hell are you doing?!" You said through gritted teeth. You walked out to the hall and closed the door behind you.

"I've been waiting for you to come out." Byunghun said. "You wouldn't open the door for me."

"Guess why." You said coldly and then started to walk away.

"I know I haven't done anything right, and it's because I tend to act before thinking, but believe me, ____, I'm very sorry for it. And it's killing me that I can't do anything to take it back." Byunghun said as he stopped you.

"And I can't do anything for it too." You simply replied and moved out of his grip. "And I've already told you not to touch me again."

Byunghun followed you into the kitchen silently. You were actually surprised when Byunghun sat down to eat with you.

Hasn't he eaten yet? You thought. You hated to be mad at him and worry about him at the same time!

"I hope you enjoy the food. I tried to keep it as warm as possible for when you came out to eat." Byunghun commented.

What the hell...? Why in the world can Byunghun be an incredible in a moment and then be sweet and detailed?! You shouted in your mind. He had cooked all your favorites again.

"I know you don't like to eat alone, so I waited for you too." Byunghun continued.

"Can we please not talk?" You said harshly.

Byunghun immediately pressed his lips together, but after a moment he spoke again. "Just answer me this question, and I'll shut up. Do you really want to move in with Myungsoo and stop trying for our family?"

You looked up at Byunghun. Suddenly you felt terrible. You took a deep breath to calm down, and then looked directly into his eyes. "Yes."

You were expecting Byunghun to break his promise and start shouting at you like a mad man, but instead, he remained silent. He looked into your eyes, and finally replied back. "I guess the best thing I can do for you is to step back and let you move on."

You nodded, slowly starting to lose your appetite. But no matter what, you'll always be Hyun Su's father.


I can't believe I haven't updated my stories in so long! I've just had so much to do and haven't had a break, which I desperately need >-< Even though I updated today, sadly, the story will still be on a hiatus. Please be patient! And, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. ^-^