In Labor

Uncommitted?

You guys arrived at the hospital very quickly. Your contractions came and went, and right now, you didn't felt them. Myungsoo wrapped his arm around you, and helped you into the hospital. Fortunately, your doctor was already there to check on you.

"Hm, it's still not time. You'll have to wait for a while before the baby's actually on his way. Your cervix isn't dilated yet." He said and then excused himself.

Myungsoo turned to look at you, and caressed your forehead. "Are you feeling better?"

You smiled and nodded, but in a second the next contraction came. "AH! No, I'm not!" You shouted as you moved and tried to position yourself in a more comfortable way. Just then, Byunghun and Minji got into your room. Byunghun came towards you and tried to help you with the contractions by giving you a massage.

"Is it working?" Byunghun asked. You nodded.

"How on Earth did you know you had to do that?" Minji asked, surprised.

Byunghun cleared his throat and bit his lower lip. "I - I might have took some classes..."

Minji smiled and nodded. "I'm so excited that...uh...well....the baby's coming."

The three of you turned to look at Minji confused. What was that about?

"I'm sorry? What?" You asked.

"I don't have the main idea what his name is. And, I'm pretty sure, none of you do." Minji shrugged.

Byunghun slowly nodded, understanding. "Well, actually, I've been thinking about that. We never got the chance to talk about it."

"Never got the chance? Seriously? Nine months are not enough?" Minji thought outloud.

Myungsoo bit his lower lip, trying not to laugh, he knew it wouldn't be appropriate. "Well, I think you guys can talk about it now."

"Well, I was thinking about naming him Jaesun. It sounds good and it's a great name." Byunghun smiled.

You pursed your lips together, not saying anything.

"What? You don't like it?" Byunghun asked.

"It's not bad," you shook your head, "but I was thinking more like Minhyuk."

Byunghun shook his head. "I don't like it."

"Myungsoo is a very nice name," Myungsoo shrugged. Byunghun took a deep breath.

"Not even in my darkest nightmare," Byunghun said with a glare. "And I'm being nice."

"Ow, aw, ouch!" You whined as another contraction came again. Byunghun massaged you again, but this time it didn't work like before. "Ow, no, stop it!"

"Minwoo is a nice name," Minji nodded. She wasn't really paying attention to your contractions right now.

Myungsoo shook his head. "No."

"Never thought I would ever say this, but I'm with Myungsoo in this one." Byunghun said.

You guys continued to talk about names, and your contractions started to come more regularly, faster, and it hurt much more.

"AH! Okay, enough! Get me the damn doctor!" You shouted. "!"

Soon enough your doctor walked in. "You're almost ready, miss, it's almost there. Your cervix has started to dilate."

"What?! Almost? AH!" You shouted. "I want to get over with it! OW!"

"I'll come check on you in five minutes." He said and then left.

"What the hell? Five minutes? Is this doctor serious?" You shouted, not in the mood. "Get me another doctor, Byunghun! NOW!"

"Baby, shh, it's almost there." Byunghun said soothingly, but it didn't work.

"Don't shush me! The day you get to feel this pain, then you get a say in this!" You said, glaring at him. "Now, get me a doctor, or will I have to do it myself?"

"It'd be interesting to see that." Myungsoo said. You looked at him shocked, but soon your gaze turned into a glare. "Aw, don't get mad at me, beautiful, but I don't think your pain will allow you to get another doctor yourself. You can't even move."

"You two, give her a break. She's allowed to be like this." Minji said as she put the magazine she was reading down.

You grabbed the magazine, and in the next contraction, you squeezed it. "AH!" You took a deep breath and then looked down at it. You said the first words you read. "Hyun Su."

"What? What was that?" Byunghun asked, confused.

"Lee Hyun Su." You said again.

Myungsoo eyes widened, and he slowly nodded. Byunghun pressed his lips together, he didn't know what to say.

"AH! It hurts! Please get me a doctor! Aaaah!" You shouted.

Myungsoo ran out to call the doctor, and soon enough he was back. Your doctor checked you one more time, and then he said it was time. Another nurse came to help the doctor get you into another room for you to give birth. Myungsoo, Byunghun and Minji quickly moved to follow behind.

"We can't have these many people inside the room." The nurse shook her head, stopping the three of them to follow you.

"W-What?" Myungsoo asked, confused.

"I'm the baby's father." Byunghun said. The nurse nodded and let him go, but she didn't allow Myungsoo nor Minji. Before Byunghun walked in, he turned to look at Minji. "Call my parents and ____'s." He said and then quickly walked in.

Minji pressed her lips together and patted a dumbfounded Myungsoo. He blinked and then walked in the opposite direction, to go and sit down.

"She's going to be alright, Myungsoo." Minji assured. "Next time you see her, she'll be a mommy."

Myungsoo kept on looking down at the floor. The time has come. The baby will be here. And then it hit him. What am I going to do? I'm not the father. Byunghun, ____ and the baby are a family. No matter what I want.

A few minutes later, Byunghun's parents arrived first, and then yours. They quickly walked towards them.

"How is it going?" Mrs. Lee asked, concerned.

"They're still inside. We don't know how long it'll take." Minji said.

They all slowly nodded and sat down too, waiting to see what happens next.


http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g380/khl4/asianfanfics/Picture1-1_zpsb4caa260.png