Let's Talk

Uncommitted?

It has been a few days since the last incident you had with Byunghun. You weren't quite sure how you felt, but there was definitely a little bit of sadness. You were finally done packing all your things, all there was left to do was leave. Just as you zipped up your luggage, you heard a car pull onto the driveaway. You walked towards the window and saw Byunghun's grandparents.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Minji greeted as she stepped outside to help them.

You knew very well why they had come to visit. You took a deep breath and turned to look at the crib. Hyun Su was silently banging his little hands against the mattress. Suddenly, Hyun Su burped and started to whine. You smiled and lightly shook your head.

"Aw, you cutie, you're okay, it was just a burp." You said as you picked him up from the crib.

In a few minutes, you heard a knock on your door. You thought it was Minji who had come to ask you to go downstairs to see Byunghun's grandparents, but instead, it was Byunghun himself.

"Byunghun," you said and managed to smile at him. Even though you were still mad at him for what happened, you couldn't help but to not treat him well. He was, and will always be, your son's father. "I saw that your grandparents have arrived."

He nodded. "They want to see Hyun Su." He said and then turned to look at his son. He took a step forward and pulled your son out of your arms. Then, he looked around your bedroom. It was completely neat and looked as though no one was staying inside. "I see you're done packing. When will you...?"

"I have to give Myungsoo a call before." You said, understanding his question.

"I can't believe you are actually not going to try for our relationship to work." Byunghun said before turning around and leaving.

When he went downstairs, his grandparents were glad to see Hyun Su. You could hear them speaking from upstairs, and none of them seem to have asked for you. Maybe Byunghun had told them it won't work between us.

"____?" Minji asked as she knocked on your door.

"Come in," You answered back and turned to look at her.

"Honey, aren't you going downstairs to greet Mr. and Mrs. Lee?" She asked.

You took a deep breath, and as you exhaled your eyes became teary. "I don't know what to do anymore, Minji... I don't belong here, but I...I don't want my child to blame me in the future for not trying for my relationship with Byunghun. What am I going to do?"

"I don't understand why won't you give him a chance if you still want things to work out. You're the one who has tangled yourself so much into this mess." Minji answered.

"I can't... I don't love him anymore." You said, shaking your head.

Minji's eyes widened. "Who? Byunghun?"

"I mean, I do love him but not as I used to. I want Byunghun to be my friend, but not my husband. And I know that if I stay with Byunghun for Hyun Su, I won't be..."

"Happy?" Minji asked. You simply stared into space. You didn't even know what was going through your mind, there were so many thoughts at the same time. "Then don't delay it anymore. Move out." You turned to look at Minji. You were about to say something, but she cut you off. "When Hyun Su grows up, you both have to explain it to him. Maybe not give him all the details, but I'm sure your child will understand."

 

Later that night, when Byunghun's grandparents left, you walked downstairs. You saw Byunghun playing with Hyunsu in the living room. He was smiling happily, and you were glad to see him like that. It was nice to see him smile during these difficult times. When you stood at the doorway, Byunghun turned to look at you. He saw that you had pulled out your suitcases, and he knew very well that you were moving out. He stood up and also picked Hyun su in his arms.

"I was thinking that it would be better if we both talked to each other before." You said, and then turned to look at the clock. "I still have three hours."

Byunghun remained silent, and you gestured for him to go sit down on the couch.

"Let's make a deal first, alright? While one of us is talking, the other one has to be quiet and wait. We can talk as long as you want, if the three hours are over, I can call Myunsoo and tell him to wait. I'm not leaving this house until we've cleared everything between us. You can start if you want to."

Byunghun remained silent, and for a moment you thought he didn't want to speak, so you opened your mouth to talk, but then, he did.

"Can I know why you don't want to be with me anymore?" He asked.

You bit your inner cheek and after thinking about the best way to answer him, you did. "Because, even though you don't believe me right now, I know that we would have never worked. I love you Byunghun, but as a friend. I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore, and that means that we...it won't happen."

"So, this is it? This is how everything ends?" Byunghun asked.

"I want to be friends with you, Byunghun. I want our child to be able to hang out with both of us at the same time and have fun. I want you to find someone else, marry her and be happy. But I won't be her. However, I want to know why it was so easy for you to turn your back on me."

Byunghun looked up at you and straight into your eyes. You were trying your hardest not to cry, even though you felt as though you couldn't cry anymore. He took a deep breath and started shaking his head.

"I can't even start telling you how sorry I am for what happened. I don't understand what gets into me when...we don't agree. I don't know, ____. I don't know how I was able to do that to you when we were engaged. I loved you, I really did." Byunghun said, never taking his eyes away.

You nodded. "I know you did, Byunghun, in the past."

"But I still do." Byunghun said, furrowing his eyebrows. "I would take all the bad things I did to you if I could."

"I would take the pain you feel too, if I could. Byunghun, I know that deep inside, you know I'm doing what's best for us. You keep forcing yourself at me, and when you don't, I force myself to be with you. That's not how it should be like. We should be able to be with each other, willingly. I won't ever take Hyunsu away from you. I am more than happy that you have decided to be part of his life. The only thing I ask you to do is to move on and for both of us to try and be friends."

"____, are you even willing to forgive me for what I did to you?" Byunghun asked. Somehow he felt as though you never would. However, you nodded.

"But I'm afraid I think you won't forgive me for leaving." You said back.

Byunghun took a deep breath, and shook his head. Before you could say something else, he spoke first.


It's been ages since I've updated, or logged into AFF. I really am ashamed I left all of you waiting for so long, but I couldn't update, and there were various reasons. One, I never thought my senior year could ever make me busy, but it did. I had a lot of things to do and I have to focus as much as I can in high school, so that I get good grades and be able to enter a good university. But I'm happy because my prom is just around the corner! ^^ Two, honestly, I've started to lose interest in AFF, however, I think I'm still not ready to leave the site, so there's no need to worry. And last but not least, I really didn't have any idea how I could continue this fanfic. I feel like I've tangled the plot line way too much and I don't know how to untangle it, but hopefully, I'm getting to it.

Nevertheless, I wanted to thank all of the subscribers that have been so patient and haven't unsubscribed. I hope none of you have lost interest in this story, but if you have, I won't blame you. I know my updates have been INCREDIBLY slow. Once again, even though I have updated, my hiatus is still ongoing. But, I really will try my best to update this story again.