Baby's Gender

Uncommitted?

It's been two weeks since your date with Myungsoo and, honestly, you two were having a very good time together. He was, in some way, like a dream come true. On the other hand, your relationship with Byunghun has once again turned into an awkward one, but not because he's keeping his distance, but because he's actually treating you the same way he treated you when he was courting you.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" Byunghun asked as he grabbed his glass of water and took a sip.

You smiled and nodded, "Fine."

Byunghun smiled back and then grabbed his coat, ready to leave for work. You furrowed your eyebrows and stopped him. "What is it?" He asked.

"You are...coming with me to the doctor's appointment today, right?" You asked. Your womb was a lot bigger now and this appointment was a very important one since you would get to know the baby's gender.

Byunghun smiled sweetly and nodded his head. "Of course, ____, I wouldn't miss it."

You smiled back and nodded before turning around. You were filled with happiness that Byunghun was slowly becoming into the man you fell for, but at the same time you couldn't help but to feel extremely awkward. You were already dating Myungsoo, and let's face it, he's been a better man.

 

Later that day, you met Myungsoo during his lunch break. You didn't have to go to work anymore and there was nothing for you to do back in Byunghun's place, so you were glad to spend some time outdoors.

"I say it's a baby girl." Myungsoo said as he ate a bit of his food. "Any gender is okay, but, how amazing could it be to have a baby girl?"

"What's so amazing about it? Besides the fact that men can't live without women." You chuckled.

"I don't know..." Myungsoo shrugged. "I just think that baby girls are very adorable. And is it that bad that I want a daughter?" He smiled.

Your smile disappeared when he said that though. Myungsoo then understood what he said and bit his lower lip. Both of you were feeling a bit awkward right now since the baby isn't Myungsoo's but Byunghun's.

"Well, I say it's a baby boy. A handsome and healthy baby boy." You said with a smile, not wanting to go through that 'path'.

"Wanna bet on it?" Myungsoo asked.

"You want to bet on my baby's gender?" You asked. He shrugged with a smile. "Fine. If I win, you have to do whatever I want for a week."

"A week? Humph, okay. But, if I win...you'll move in with me." Myungsoo said, serious. You were surprised and wanted to disagree, but Myungsoo laughed. You furrowed your eyebrows, not sure if he was serious or not. Suddenly, Myungsoo's phone started to ring. He picked it up. "Yoboseyo? Mhm. Okay. Yes, I'm on my way now." He said and then hang up. "I have to run now, I have an important meeting that's about to start."

"It's okay," You nodded.

"So...deal?" He asked as he pulled out his hand. You heaved a sigh and shook hands with him. Myungsoo leaned down to kiss you before he left.

 

At 5 PM you went to the hospital for your check-up. You sat in the waiting room, waiting for Byunghun and for the doctor to call you. A few minutes later, the doctor did.

"Are you alone today, ____?" Your Doc asked as he sat you down. You bit your lower lip and nodded, thinking that Byunghun probably stood you up. "Well, we should start now, miss. Lie down, please." He ordered. He moved away from you for a second and then came back. "This will be a bit cold, hm." He said as he put some gel on your belly. Just then, there was a knock on the door and then Byunghun walked in.

"I'm sorry I'm late," He said as he closed the door behind him.

"We expect our clients to be always on time, sir." The Doc said as he was rubbing the gel.

Byunghun nodded and then turned to look at your belly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Okay, let's start with the ultrasound." The Doc said. Byunghun went to stand by your side. "There's the baby. Everything seems to be fine. It's a healthy baby."

Byunghun was surprised that he could actually see the baby. He took your hand into his and smiled. You turned to look at him when he did and smiled too.

"Can we know the baby's gender now?" Byunghun asked.

"Yes, sir. Would you like to know?" He asked. L.Joe turned to look at you and you simply smiled. He nodded. "Well, your baby is a healthy little boy." He announced.

Byunghun's face changed. He wasn't smiling anymore. He looked really surprised, shocked. You squeezed his hand and smiled. He turned to look down at you and smiled again. "Our baby is a healthy boy." He whispered.

"Would you like to keep a picture of the ultrasound?" The Doc asked.

"Yes, we would love to." Byunghun nodded immediately.

"I'll be right back." He said as he left the ultrasound on and walked out of the room.

Byunghun was staring at the screen, unable to take his eyes off.

"It's been a while since I've seen you this happy." You murmured. Byunghun turned to look at you and nodded.

"I'm glad we're having this baby, ____. You're right - he will be so loved." Byunghun said as he then turned to look back at the screen. And then, he turned to look at you. "This baby must be happy to have such a sweet, kind-hearted, beautiful mom. You've been there to protect him since day one."

"Protect him?" You asked.

Byunghun his lips and nodded. "From me." He then turned to look back at the screen. I'm sorry I've been such a monster to you and to mommy, he thought. Your eyes widened, surprised. You were also speechless.


Short chapter >< Byunghun was very nice here, hm? ^^

Comment, please ♡