Meeting His Parents

Uncommitted?

A FEW MONTHS LATER

This morning, when you woke up, Myungsoo was already gone. You knew he had received a phone call in the early morning, and had to leave because something had happened at the office. The first thing you did was to go check on Hyunsu. He had grown so much and gained weight, he was becoming much cuter every month. As soon as Hyunsu saw you, he smiled. It was amazing how your baby already recognized you.

"Good morning, baby." You said with a sweet smile as you leaned down to pick up your baby.

Your baby giggled and clapped his hands cutely. You chuckled and kissed his chubby cheeks several times.

"You're happy because you know that you'll be seeing daddy today, aren't you?" You said as you went ahead to check on his diaper.

When everything was done, you went downstairs to prepare some breakfast. Myungsoo and you were eating very healthy, and of course, your child too. Just as you were going to start feeding Hyun Su, the door bell rang. It was no other than Byunghun, and he wasn't alone.

"Hi, come in." You said as you stepped aside and opened the door wider.

Byunghun leaned down to kiss your cheek, and walked directly into the house. "Is he awake?" He asked immediately, dying to see his son again.

"I'm fine, thank you. Yes, he's in the kitchen." You said before turning to the door again. "How are you, guys?"

"Great! We're glad our holidays are just around the corner." Niel answered as he stepped into the house too.

When all of Byunghun's friends walked inside and you had closed the door, you all gathered in the kitchen. They hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so you offered to make something for them.

"Myungsoo is still working, huh?" Changjo asked before turning back on doing funny faces for Hyunsu.

"Mhm, although today is his last day before he goes back in January." You answered as you placed the food in the center of the table.

"Have you met his parents yet?" Byunghun asked, though it was still quite difficult for him to talk about it. He hasn't even started to date, although he has been able to start to move on.

"No, I'll meet them the 24th." You answered. "By the way, what are we doing for Christmas?" You asked. They all turned to look at you, confused and surprised at your sudden question. You raised an eyebrow, giving them a look. "You didn't possibly think that we weren't going to be together for the 25th, did you?"

"I thought you would... you know," Byunghun said.

You crossed your arms. "I don't. You're spending Christmas with us."

"That sounds more like a statement than a question, love." Byunghun said back.

"Because it is. You must be kidding me if you think you're missing Hyunsu's first Christmas!" You said. "How many times do I have to tell you that no matter what, you're always, always, always going to be his father?"

"Yah, ____! I know that. Even if you don't say it, I will know it. I just thought you would want to be with Myungsoo..." Byunghun answered.

"Well, yes. With Myungsoo, Hyunsu, you and our friends." You said, referring to everyone in this room. "And maybe even our parents."

"Myungsoo, you and I in the same room?" Byunghun asked.

"Oh, come on." You said as you sat down beside him. You couldn't possibly believe that Byunghun wasn't going to accept.

"I don't know... I might have started to move on, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with Myungsoo."

"It has been months already, hyung. I thought you didn't mind him anymore." Changjo answered.

"Well, I do. I still don't like him, and nothing you do or say will change that." Byunghun said.

"Ever?" You asked. You couldn't believe what he was saying now. Just a few days ago, Byunghun seemed alright with Myungsoo.

"I didn't come here to talk about Myungsoo, I came here because I want to spend some time with my son." Byunghun said before standing up, and pulling Hyunsu into his arms. He walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, where all of his toys were.

You hid your face into your hands and took a deep breath. Changjo placed his hand on your back and started to rub it in circular motions. "Don't mind him, ____. I know he wants you to be happy. Sooner or later, he'll warm up to Myungsoo."

"The problem is that I'm not so sure anymore..." You answered.

 

On December 24th

"Yah, honey, wake up already will you?" You said as you shook Myungsoo, who was still in bed.

"What?" Myungsoo answered lazily.

"My anxiety is killing me!" You answered as you sat down next to him.

Myungsoo yawned before turning to look at you. "Because...?"

You rolled your eyes and shook your head. "Two words. Your parents."

"____, you've talked to my mother already. She loves you." Myungsoo said before closing his eyes again.

"Fine, but I still need to give a good first impression to your dad." You said.

"Why? It's not like you won't see him more than once." Myungsoo answered.

"People can decided whether they like someone or not in almost the first three seconds they meet, I think it is. First impressions are important." You said.

 

Later that day, you guys arrived to Myungsoo's parents house. Hyunsu had complained with a whine about you carrying him, so he was now on Myungsoo's arms. He was probably uncomfortable with your nervous vibes.

"Ah! Welcome to our home!" Myungsoo's mother said as she went to open the door. "____, you look beautiful. Aw, this is baby Hyunsu, hm?"

The afternoon went off smoothly, except for the fact that Myungsoo's father didn't speak with you much. You tried to keep a conversation going, but it was kind of impossible with him giving you short answers.

Just as it was time for dinner, you went into the kitchen to help Myungsoo's mother while both men talked in the living room. You had asked Myungsoo to help you out with finding out what's going on with his father.

"Ahh... I'm exhausted. I'm glad I will be able to relax for these couple of weeks." Myungsoo sighed as he leaned down on the couch. However, his father remained silent. He sat up straight on the couch and turned to look at him. "Appa..."

"Hm?" He hummed as he turned to look at him.

"Is there something wrong? You've been very quiet."

"I don't think we should talk about it now. Maybe later, when ____ leaves." His father answered.

"I don't think that would be possible. I'll leave with her too..." Myungsoo said. "You can tell me."

"I don't know how to say this... So, I guess, I will be blunt. I'm not comfortable with the idea that you're committing to a woman who already has a child, and that the child's father is still willing to be with her. You're the extra guy, son."

Myungsoo was shocked. He didn't expect to hear this. "Dad, Byunghun has already moved on from ____. I mean, they're practically like a divorced couple. They have a child together, but they don't want to be with each other. ____ and I are so happy, and we don't mind the situation we're in. I am very sure that when Hyunsu grows up, he'll understand. I will be his step father after all."

"What? You mean you've already asked her to marry you?" Myungsoo's father asked surprised.

"N-No, not yet..." Myungsoo said.

"But you're planning to?"

"Well, I was hoping to see what mom and you thought about her first, before I did anything." Myungsoo said.

His father nodded his head, but kept quiet. Myungsoo didn't have the main idea what his father actually thought about you. Maybe he liked you, apart from the fact that he doesn't like the situation you two are in. However, you had heard all the conversation. You couldn't help but to think that maybe his father disliked you more than he actually liked you. You could only hope that you were wrong.