Let it Be

Uncommitted?

You weren't sure what was happening to Hyunsu. Maybe it was that he wasn't in his crib anymore, or that he wasn't in Byunghun's house...but he has been crying, and none of the usual things you do to calm him worked.

"Is this because of me?" Myungsoo asked.

You turned to look at him surprised and shook your head. "No, no, of course not. Maybe he's just too tired." You said and gently rocked your baby. You placed his head against your chest and allowed him to listen to your heartbeats. Fortunately, it was working. He was now sobbing, instead of crying.

"I thought he would like that crib." Myungsoo continued.

"He's just not used to...this. Don't worry, honey." You said with a reassuring smile and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Well, if you or Hyunsu need anything, don't hesitate on telling me, alright?"

"Alright," you answered with a nod. "Why don't you go ahead first, and I'll catch up with you later."

Myungsoo nodded and walked out of Hyunsu's new bedroom.

 

When Hyunsu was feeling better again and he had fallen asleep, you walked downstairs to the kitchen. Myungsoo was looking at a cooking show and trying to prepare what the chef was making. You smiled at the sight of him. Somehow, even though you did miss Byunghun, you felt good. It felt right to change the atmosphere around you.

"Mm, smells good." You said as you went to stand beside him.

"I'm glad you think so." He answered back with a smile. "Maybe it is way too soon, but my parents are eager to meet you."

"Really?" You asked, raising your eyebrows in surprise. "Well, they do know I've moved in."

"Yes, especially my mother. She's so excited." Myungsoo said with a grin while he cut the vegetables. "But if it would be too overwhelming, and too soon, they will perfectly understand."

"I'm not sure if 'too soon' are the right words. We've been dating for quite long, even before I knew the baby's gender and, of course, his birth."

"Yes, but it kind of feels more official now that you're not living with Byunghun."

"Official?" You repeated, surprised once again.

"Yes, I mean... What I'm trying to say is that, every time our dates ended and you went back with Byunghun, I felt as though you would move farther away, that someday you would ask to talk and we would break up. Byunghun is Hyunsu's father, and I'm not. I thought he had way more chance to end up with you, than I ever would have."

"And how wrong were you, weren't you?" You said. Myungsoo smirked and shook his head. "I love Byunghun, but I'm not in love with him. However, I do love you, and I'm in love with you, Myungsoo."

"I love you, and I'm in love with you too, beautiful." He said and leaned down to kiss you.

"And I'm sure Hyunsu will understand when he grows up. He's a very nice kid, I just know it."

"Like every mother sees their child beautiful?" Myungsoo joked with a grin.

You remained serious. "My son is undeniably handsome and beautiful from the inside and outside."

"I know he is," Myungsoo agreed. "And I believe you when you say that he will understand us and accept it."

 

Meanwhile, Byunghun was trying to space out and walk around a park. He turned to look around and saw a lot of kids playing. The thought that Hyunsu would someday be a kid playing like those made him smile. He was glad that you never listened to him and stood up saying that you would have their son. Ever since Hyunsu was born, he has started to see everything in a different way - a better way.

"Hey hyung," Changjo said as he saw Byunghun walking in the park.

"Hey donsaeng!" He answered back with a smile.

"It's nice to see you in a good mood." Niel smiled back too.

"It didn't turn out as I'd hoped for, but we're in good terms. I get to see her and our son whenever I want to, and Myungsoo...well..."

"He's not a bad man." Minsoo said.

"He better not be!" Byunghun answered.

"I'm sure he's not." Ricky shook his head.

"Okay, okay, we're glad for you! Now...let's go eat! I'm starving!" Changjo said as he walked ahead from them.