Good day turned Bad

Uncommitted?

After you guys came back home from the doctor's appointment, Byunghun ran to Minji to show her the baby's first picture. You slowly walked back into the house, closing the door behind you. You still couldn't believe L.Joe's excitement and happiness.

"Isn't our baby beautiful? It's a he. Imagine how he'll look like." Byunghun said with a grin. "I can't wait to tell my friends!"

"It's nice to see you this happy, sir. Don't forget to tell your parents too though, I'm sure they'll be very glad to know the boy's fine."

Byunghun nodded and then walked away, still staring down at the picture.

"Wow, Byunghun sure has changed. It must be thanks to the baby boy." Minji said with a nod. You nodded back. "What's wrong, ____?"

"Hm? No, nothing. It's just that it's been very long since I've seen L.Joe this happy, I guess. It reminds me of how things used to be." You said, smiling faintly.

Minji nodded. "You should be happy then, ____. What's better than knowing that your child's father is happy to have him?"

You nodded back and then Minji walked away. Knowing that my child's father wants me back too.

 

The next morning when you woke up, Byunghun had already left for work. You called Myungsoo, excited to go see him, you couldn't wait to tell him about your baby's gender and show him the picture - fortunately, the doctor had given you two each a picture.

You two met for lunch once again. Lately, Myungsoo has been very busy with his work, even more than before.

"Look, this is his first picture," You said with a smile as you handed the photo to him.

Myungsoo took it and smiled. "Whoa ~ . . . Wait! His? He? Boy?"

You nodded, happily. "Mother know best."

"Damn it, I lost." Myungsoo said, shaking his head, though he was still smiling.

"I guess that makes you my slave for a week," You smiled devilishly, playful.

"Mm, yes, unfortunately." Myungsoo nodded, handing you back the picture. "So, what would it be first, my lady?"

"Well, now that we know the baby's a he, I need to go buy some things, but unfortunately, I can't drive right now. Mind being my chauffeur?"

"Of course I don't, but...shouldn't you be doing this with Byunghun?" Myungsoo asked with a raised eyebrow.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "Um...well, he's busy."

Myungsoo smiled. "I would've preferred another answer, but okay."

"Another answer?"

"I like spending time with you, for example." Myungsoo shrugged. "I want to do this with you. I don't know."

"Why would I say something that you already know? Better tell you something that you don't know." You smiled. Myungsoo smiled back and pulled you in for a kiss.

"Let's go, beautiful."

 

"God! This is so cute!" You shouted as you grabbed a pair of baby sneakers. "My baby could totally wear this!"

"Yeah, after all, he can't talk back during his first couple of months." Myungsoo shrugged.

"Yah! Wae? They're not bad." You said.

"You mean, they're not that bad. I don't like them. Put them back." Myungsoo shook his head.

"No, it's my son." You shook your head and put them into the basket.

"These are better." Myungsoo said as he showed you another pair. "What'cha say?"

"Hmm..." You hummed, thinking. "Fine." You finally said and changed the ones who grabbed for those ones.

"What would you do without me?" Myungsoo smiled and then walked away.

When you two were done shopping for the baby's clothes, Myungsoo gave you a ride back home. You guys couldn't go out for dinner since Myungsoo was busy again and had to work.

"Welcome back, ____." Minji said as she helped you with the bags. "Shopping?"

"Yes, for the baby." You nodded. "I can't wait to show you the all the baby's clothes!"

 

Meanwhile, Byunghun was still in his office, finishing some paperwork. He had the baby's ultrasound picture already framed and on his desk. When his friends walked in, he stood up  and grinned while showing it to them.

"Whoa ~ This is your baby?" CAP asked, amazed.

"Nah, just a random baby picture from Google!" L.Joe said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"What's its gender?" Chunji asked, excited.

"I'm having a SON!" L.Joe shouted happily.

"BOY?!" Niel's eyes widened. "Wah ~ That's great!"

"How great could it have been if they were twins?" Ricky asked.

"Do you guys have a name for him?" Changjo asked.

Byunghun's smile faded as he turned to look back at the maknae. "Uh...not yet."

He was suddenly surprised and felt a bit sad knowing that he hasn't talked about the baby with you that much. You guys haven't even shared your opinions about names and it's been four to almost five months in your pregnancy.

 

That night, Byunghun came back home as early as he could. It was probably the first time he ate dinner with you after so long, since he always comes back home late or when Myungsoo and you have dinner together.

Perfect. We can talk about the name. Byunghun thought happily.

"I went shopping today for our baby's clothes." You told Byunghun during dinner.

"Mhm? That's nice. I would like to see them." He smiled.

You nodded. "I hope you do like them. I chose most of them."

"You chose most of them?" He asked. "And the rest?"

"Myungsoo was with me so...he chose some too." You shrugged.

"You went shopping for OUR baby's clothes with Myungsoo?" L.Joe asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes. You're so busy lately that I - "

"So what? I don't work on weekends. We could've gone this weekend together." L.Joe interrupted.

"I didn't know it was such a big deal - "

"Such a big deal? Are you serious? It's MY baby, not his. I should be doing all this with you, NOT him." L.Joe interrupted again, he was clearly mad.

You were surprised with his behaviour. Byunghun was not like this. How is it possible, that after one doctor's appointment to know the baby's gender, he changed?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were actually so into this. You're the same man that said that this baby would only bring drama, not love." You said.

"Isn't it obvious that I'm trying to change? Isn't it obvious that I'm sorry for what I said? That I regret saying it?" He asked.

You remained quiet, not knowing what to answer back. L.Joe heaved a sigh and shook his head.

"You know what, it seems like Myungsoo is the baby's father, not me. I've lost my appetite." Byunghun said as he stood up and walked away.

You took a deep breath and lightly shook your head. That's how easy a good day turns into a bad one.

"Would you like something else, ____? Hm, Byunghun didn't finish his dinner." Minji said as she walked into the dining room. "Is everything alright?"

"No, Byunghun is mad." You said as you stood up too. "Thank you, Minji. Good night." You said and then walked away.