He Cares

Uncommitted?

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Your relationship with Byunghun wasn't exactly getting better, but it wasn't getting worse either - at least you guys could stay in the same room together and not argue, unlike it used to be. But unlike before, the atmosphere around you two was most of the time very awkward. So, to not stay in such a bad atmosphere, you always go out for walks and to meet up with Myungsoo.

 

"Good morning, ____-ah. You look happy today." Minji said with a smile as she was cooking some breakfast.

You smiled back, "I am. In a few weeks I'll get to know my baby's gender!" You said getting excited.

Just then, Byunghun walked out, yawning. He stretched his arms and then lazily greeted you two.

"Is he joining you?" Minji asked, curious.

"Who? Byunghun?" You asked.

She nodded, "Yes. Who else can I possibly be talking about?"

You turned to look at L.Joe, who was already staring at you. You didn't know what to say, and it was just sad that you couldn't ask your own baby's father to join you for a doctor's appointment.

"Yah! ____! How can you not tell me about it?!" Byunghun finally shouted out.

Your eyes widened, surprised at the sudden change of behaviour in seconds.

"You were planning to go on this appointment by yourself? It takes to people to make a baby, and I'm the other one. Don't think this is only yours!" He said, furrowing his eyebrows and slightly narrowing his eyes.

"What are you saying then? You want to go?" You asked.

"Um..." Byunghun finally calmed down.

"Do you?" You pushed. You hated when people could take so long to answer a simple question.

"I...well, I'm the father, so..."

"Yes or no, Byunghun, it's as simple as that." You said, not in a very kind way.

"Of course he does, sweetie." Minji answered.

"Why can't he answer for himself?" You asked, coldly.

"Well, please ____, can't you see he's just shocked that you didn't tell him about it?" Minji continued.

Byunghun rubbed his temples and then walked out of the kitchen, without saying anything else. You calmed down and finally started to think about what you just said and how you just treated him.

"Aish, are people from your generation that dumb?" Minji asked outloud.

"Yah! How dare you call me dumb, Minji-shi?!" You furrowed your eyebrows, mad.

"Well, someone has a temper! Sweetie, don't you understand what just happened?" Minji asked.

"Well if you know so much, do share!" You answered back.

"Aish, ____, how dare you speak like that to an elder?" Minji scolded. You apologized and then went to sit down across from her. "And don't make up an excuse that it's because of your hormones! Anyways, like I was saying before, ____, wasn't it a bit obvious that Byunghun's mad that you are not updating him about your pregnancy? I mean, wasn't it obvious that he is finally starting to...care?" She asked.

"Byunghun...care? Wow, Minji-shi, you can't be serious!" You said.

"Okay, give me a valid reason why that didn't mean or look like he was caring at all." Minji ordered.

"Because he's Lee Byunghun, the uncommitted, filthy rich playboy, who doesn't care about anyone else but himself." You answered.

"That's a harsh way to describe someone, and a lady definitely shouldn't describe someone like that." Minji said, and after a brief moment, she sighed. "Don't you have any hopes or wish for Byunghun to be more into your pregnancy and be there for you and the baby? Maybe...become a family?" She asked.

"It's complicated, Minji-shi. I mean, four months ago Byunghun and I were the happiest couple, one month later we can't stop arguing and he starts going out as though he's a single man again, and then...he tells me that proposing to me was a mistake and he wants to forget about us and pretend we never happened. How do you want me to forget all that and just play along and pretend that all those problems never happened?" You asked.

"Because the key is not to forget about it, but accept it, let it go and move on." Minji answered. "I know it's not easy, ____, but I mean, you said it was four months ago, right? Too much can change in so little time, but...can't that happen again? Just that this time, it could be a positive change. ____, I might not know you two that well, but believe me, Byunghun does care. Actually, he cares a lot." Minji nodded.

"Then, if he does, why can't he be nice and show that he cares?" You asked.

Minji shrugged, "That's something that I don't know, sweetie."

"Well, it would be nice if he cared, because that means my baby would have him. But...I'm not so sure about us anymore," you shook your head and the first thing you thought about was Myungsoo.

 

THE NEXT DAY

Last night you talked with Byunghun about the doctor's appointment. Minji was right, Byunghun did care. He listened to you without interrupting, and at last he asked all the questions he had. Finally, you guys decided to go together.

Today, you were once again meeting up with Myungsoo. You guys always ate one meal together, today was for lunch, and although you guys were not dating, it was as though they were all dates.

"When is the doctor's appointment, hm?" Myungsoo asked.

"It's not until a couple of weeks." You nodded.

"And you get to know the baby's gender?" He asked with a smile.

"Ne! I'm so excited!" You grinned and lightly jumped.

Myungsoo grinned and nodded too, "Yeah, I can imagine. And...how are things between you and Byunghun?"

You shrugged, "As usual, though I think he's starting to care now."

"He is? Hmm...I see." He nodded.

"What?" You asked, raising an eyebrow and smiling.

"It's just that..." He sighed, "Nah! It doesn't matter..."

"Oh please! Now you're telling me, I mean it." You said.

"Well, yeah, it does matter... It's just that...I'm afraid that...I won't get a chance to be with you." He finally said.

"Mwo?" You asked, wide-eyed.

"I've been wanting to tell you for a while now, but I just...didn't know how. You're going through so much, I mean, the drama with Byunghun and you're pregnancy that it just seems like I won't fit..."

"You won't fit?" You repeated.

"Yes, you know, as someone who's more than a friend to you." He said as he looked straight into your eyes.

"What? Myungsoo...are you...serious?" You asked.

"What? Now you think I'm lying? I'm opening myself to you, and you're calling me a liar?" He asked, shocked.

"No, no, no...It's not that. I mean, there are so many girls out there who are single and drama-free...and you want me?" You asked.

"Yes. It feels right to be with you...I feel happy. And, I'm not going to lie, it does bother me sometimes that you're having a baby, but that's because it's not mine." He said.

Your eyes widened again.

"But it doesn't matter...because I love this baby's mommy, and I'm willing to go through all the drama if she accepts to be with me." Myungsoo said.

Oh...God... Is this real?

"____, will you give me a chance and be my girlfriend?" He finally asked.

What?! Is he serious?!

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, afraid that you might reject him.

"Myungsoo..." You whispered and finally nodded.

Myungsoo's face changed as he was now looking happy and excited. "You're not going to regret this!" He shouted and pulled you into a hug as he gently and lovingly kissed your neck.

I hope I won't.


OMO OMO OMO, Myungsoo finally asked her out! >< I sure want to know what you guys are thinking about now!

♥ ]