With Him

Uncommitted?

After Byunghun and you had breakfast together, you showed him the clothes you've bought. While you were in the middle of showing him, his phone started to ring. At first he didn't pick up, but since the same person kept on calling, he gave up and answered.

"Yes. Yes. Uh-huh. I understand. Of course, I will. Uh-huh." Byunghun said into the phone.

You wondered who he was talking too, but you had an idea that it was someone from work. Today was Saturday and you won't be seeing Myungsoo until next week's Sunday, or well, probably Monday.

"Sorry about that." Byunghun said as he had already hang up. "It was my boss."

"Sure, don't worry." You shook your head with a smile.

"Well, these clothes are quite cute, huh." Byunghun smiled back.

"I was thinking about using this outfit for when he comes out of the hospital." You said as you showed him a cute baby outfit.

Byunghun grabbed it to have a better look and nodded. "Yes. Though...um, have you ever thought if our baby is a girl?" He asked out of nowhere.

"What? I don't...huh? The doctor told us is a boy, Byunghun."

"Yes, but sometimes doctor's are wrong." He shrugged.

"I don't think you could ever mistake a...," You furrowed your eyebrows.

Byunghun laughed and lightly shook his head. You gave him a weird look, though you were still smiling.

"Well, while it's still human then we're fine." Byunghun nodded.

"I'm pretty sure I'm a human. God knows what you are." You said as you put all the baby's clothes back and stood up from the floor.

Byunghun stood up after you. Suddenly, it was completely silent. You didn't know what to say, and Byunghun was doubting it he should say what he had in mind. But, after a couple of seconds, he was sure he had to say it.

"____, would you like to have lunch with me today?" He asked.

You were surprised to hear that. It's been a while, a really long time, since you've gone out with Byunghun...just the two of you. You weren't sure if it would be a good idea, but since he's still your baby's father, why not?

"Sounds great," You smiled and nodded.

Byunghun smiled back. "Good then. Um, I should better go get...you know...ready." He chuckled at the end. You nodded again. He smiled one last time before walking out of your bedroom.

You took a deep breath and then walked into your closet again, to decide what to wear today. You felt a bit awkward since it was as though you were going out on a date with Byunghun. Ha...of course not, I'm dating Myungsoo. This is just...lunch. People need to eat lunch. You thought and furrowed your eyebrows. You shrugged it off and decided to wear something casual.

A few minutes later, both of you went out together. Instead of going to  restaurant, Byunghun and you walked around Seoul streets and bought the food that was sold outside.

"Ah ~ it's hot!" Byunghun complained.

You chuckled at his goofiness and lightly shook your head. Without thinking much, you moved closer to him and blew his food. Byunghun smiled and ate some.

"Thanks, it's much better now." He said. You smile back and nodded.

When you two were done eating lunch, Byunghun grabbed your hand and pulled you away.

"Y-Yah! Byunghun!" You shouted.

"Look! They're selling your favorites!" Byunghun said with a grin. You smiled when you saw your favorite dessert. "Two, please. Thank you. Here you go, ____."

"Gamsahabnida," You said happily as you grabbed one. Byunghun smiled. "How did you know these are my favorites?"

"You still think that I never listen to what you say, right? You told me when I was courting you." Byunghun said casually.

You slowly nodded, thinking about those times. It's been a long while since that happened. You ate your dessert silently, not knowing what to say. For the first time, in so long, you two were silent without feeling or having an awkward atmosphere. In fact, you two felt comfortable.

Just then, Byunghun's phone started to ring again. He turned to look at you and smiled before picking up. "Yoboseyo? Oh, annyeong. Yes. Tomorrow? What time? Who's going to be there? Fine. I'll call you to confirm. Bye." When he hang up his phone, you two sat down on a bench.

"Is everything alright?" You asked, thinking that it was probably something about his job.

He turned to look at you, and once again, for the first time in so long, he smiled lovingly at you. You blinked, as though there was a bright light.

"Everything's fine. It was my father. Tomorrow he's having this important dinner and he asked me to go." He nodded. You slowly nodded back. "It's kind of something between a family and job dinner, if it makes sense. I mean, not only will his partners be there, but also my family. Hey, ____, if you're not busy...would you like to come?"

You furrowed your eyebrows. "I don't think it would be...good."

"Huh? Why?" Byunghun asked, confused.

"Byunghun...Won't it destroy your family's image if they found out that you got me pregnant without a marriage?"

"Well...they don't know about..." He slowly trailed off. About our failed engagement. He just didn't want to say that.

You remained silent too, somehow understanding what he meant. Byunghun heaved a sigh and then grabbed both of your hands, looking straight into your eyes. It made you feel a bit nervous.

"Don't worry too much about it, ____. It's just that...I would love it if you could come with me." He said.

What is going on with him? You thought as you pulled your hands out of his grip. "Uh..."

"It's just dinner, nothing more. Besides, our friends will be there too. You know, Minsoo, Chanhee, Daniel, Changhyun and Jonghyun." He said.

"Fine," You nodded.

Byunghun smiled happily and stood up from the bench, pulling out his hand. You stared at his hand and then up at his face. He rolled his eyes and grabbed your hand.

"Let's go. The day's not over yet. There's still so much we could do." He smiled.

Even though for some reason none of this felt right, you were happy and somehow a bit sad too. The way Byunghun has been treating you today reminded you so much about how it used to be when you guys were dating.

What has gotten into him?

Although you really wanted to be fine with him, you just couldn't. You didn't trust him anymore. After all, once a cheater, always a cheater... You thought, heaving a sigh. You crossed your fingers, Please let it be a lie. Let Byunghun change.


Happy New Year. I hope we all have a great 2013 and for all our goals to be accomplished! ^__^

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxsmazCPud1qedwdjo1_500.png