Happi Burfday Yuri!

CSI Korea

 

The next day…

 

Taeyeon was in her room standing in front of her mirror getting ready. She wore a light blue collar shirt and some cute white shorts that complimented her figure. It was a whole new look for Taeyeon than her usual black suit and tie look. She looked more feminine when she wasn’t working. As Taeyeon was fixing her hair, Yuri walked pass her room and checked up on her.

 

“Hey Taeng. Why don’t you look cute today? Where are you headed?” Yuri smiled as she saw her best friend and partner having trouble with her hair. Yuri walked over to assist her while waiting for a reply.

 

“I am going to hang out with someone for the day so I have to look presentable. I don’t want her to think I’m all work and no play” Taeyeon smiled as she looked at Yuri in the mirror. Yuri had just finished fixing her hair and smirked.

 

“Okay then, have fun!” Yuri was heading out the door but stopped at the doorway, “By the way, tell Tiffany I say hi” Yuri winked before leaving. Taeyeon just chuckled but when she knew Yuri was gone she made a long sigh.

 

“If only...”

 

 

(Flashback)

 

“Well? I’m waiting for you answer.” Tiffany stated. Taeyeon had been unresponsive for at least a minute, poor girl. She was trying to figure out whether she should tell Tiffany about her already planned plans. Should she? But what if Fany gets mad at me? But I already promised SunMi. I don’t want to hurt SunMi’s but I want to go with Fany. Taeyeon knew what she had to do…

 

“Tiffany, I’m sorry but I can’t tomorrow. How about the next day?” Taeyeon compromised.

 

“Why can’t you do it tomorrow?” Tiffany questioned.

 

‘Think Taeyeon! Quick before she thinks it’s suspicious!’

 

“It’s…because…uh…YURI’SBIRTHDAYISTOMORROW!” ‘Crap! Is that the best you can come up with Taeyeon??? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Just go beat your brain with a brick right now’

 

“I didn’t know Yuri’s birthday was tomorrow. That’s cool! What are you guys going to do?” Tiffany excitedly stated. Taeyeon was surprised she actually bought it! Crap! Now Taeyeon was going to have to make up another lie about what to do.

 

“Um… It’s a surprise. No one must know”…’I’m sorry Tiffany. I feel so bad for lying to you. Dear god, please don’t let this come slap me back in the face in the future’

 

“Aw! You can tell me! I promise I won’t tell!” Tiffany held up her pinky as a promise. Taeyeon shook her head and stood strong…hopefully. Tiffany gave her the pouty face and Taeyeon remain strong as long as Tiffany didn’t try anything else. After a while Tiffany gave up, “Alright. Fine. I guess we can do it the next day”. Taeyeon smiles as she sees Fany pout a little. But inside she feels bad for lying but she knows she doesn’t want to hurt anyone. What could a little white lie do right?

 

 

(Flashback ends)

 

 

*Ring Ring*

 

Taeyeon looked over to where the sound was coming from. She traced it back to her cell-phone letting her know she received a text message.

 

 

Hey Taeyeon it’s me! Let’s meet up by the park! There is some big festival going on today and tomorrow so I decided we should head there! See you soon <3

 

-Sunmi

 

 

Taeyeon nodded to no one and was getting ready to leave. “Just enjoy the day! Don’t think about it too much Taeyeon! It’s nothing big right? Just two friends hanging out! Yeah that’s all!” Taeyeon reassured herself. After a moment of self-boosting, she smiled and walked out the door.

 

Taeyeon made her way to the park and saw a bunch of people there. It was like a circus came to town, which actually was true because there was a tent for the circus in there. Many booths were aligned in rows that stretched to what look to be miles. There were apple bobbing, ring tossing, face painting, gun games and more. A bunch of people were in their costumes and little children running all over the place. One had to be careful not to get separated from their party. Taeyeon looked around some more and saw posters of a bunch of plays that were occurring throughout the weekend. The Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast, and one that especially caught her attention, Tears in my Eyes. On the poster it had a man in a suit that looked like he was the main character/hero while a woman was next to him, obviously the heroine. It had them back to back with guns holding in their hands and mysterious eyes watching them from above. Taeyeon knew it was an action play and she liked those especially with guns. It had a “New” labeled on the poster. She mentally noted to herself to go see that one. Taeyeon continued walking and entered the festival and started looking for Sunmi. She couldn’t locate her due to so many people walking past her with big balloons and extravagant clothing.

 

All of a sudden Taeyeon felt something jump on her and weighed her down a bit. She looked to see what was on her back and noticed it was Sunmi. Sunmi cling to her back like a sloth and smiled.

 

“Hey Taeyeon! What took you so long?! I was getting worried! C’mon let’s go! We have to see everything before it gets dark!” Sunmi exclaimed as she was getting off of Taeyeon’s back. Taeyeon smiled as said, “Okay where to then?” Sunmi grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and held tightly on it.

 

‘Woah, she is touchy much? Ah, well, I’ll just ignore it. Probably because there are so many people here and she doesn’t want us getting separated’. Sunmi dragged Taeyeon along to each and every booth there was.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Yuri was sitting on the couch watching television when her phone started ringing.

 

Yuri: Hello?

 

Hyoyeon: HAPPI BURFDAY! How old are you?!? 80? Haha I wish I found out earlier and I would have gotten you something! Why didn’t you tell me!

 

Yuri: Huh? What are you talking about??

 

Hyoyeon: Yeah! HAHA good one Kwon! We both know you don’t like the fact that you are getting older and showing more wrinkles. It is okay to admit it!

 

Yuri: YAH! I’ll have you know I have the perfect skin and not a wrinkle exists! Did you come just to joke around and insult me choding?!?

 

Hyoyeon: HAHA Sure! Whatever! Your remarks don’t scare me! Anyways we should hangout tonight to celebrate! Oh by the way, Nicole says happi burfday too!

 

Yuri: YAH! Why do you keep…

 

Hyoyeon: Hey, I got to go. I’ll talk to you later something just came up. Remember we are hanging out later today!

 

Yuri: HEY! Hyo don’t hang up on…!

 

 

*HUNG UP*

 

 

“Me…Great. That stupid choding. What the heck?!? It isn’t my birthday! Stupid other Kim. Whatever!” Yuri grunted as she continued to watch TV.

 

 

A few minutes later…

 

 

*RING RING*

 

Yuri: Hello?

 

Yoona: UNNNIIEEE~

 

Yuri: AISH! Stop that! My ears are bleeding!

 

Yoona: Happy Birthday Unnie! You’re so mean for not telling me! To think I had to find out from someone else other than you! That’s cruel! I thought we were closer than that! You’ll pay later!

 

Yuri: What the heck are you talking about??? Why do I keep getting phone calls telling me happy birthday?!?

 

Yoona: Because it is!

 

Yuri: Uh, I think I would know when my birthday is, and trust me. I know it’s not today!

 

Yoona: Hmm… well that’s awkward then. I’m going to hang up because you sound irritated and I really don’t want to get in anymore trouble.

 

Yuri: Darn right! Wait! No before you hang up tell me who…!

 

 

*HUNG UP*

 

 

“GRRR! Stupid chodings! Who is spreading this rumor about my birthday?!?” Yuri is now annoyed and wants to get to the bottom of this. She has an idea of who it might be and get directly to the bottom of it. Yuri picks up the phone and starts to dial a number.

 

Sooyoung: Hello?

 

Yuri: SOOYOUNG!

 

Sooyoung: Aish! No need to yell! What’s up?

 

Yuri: Did you tell everyone it was my birthday?!?

 

Sooyoung: It’s your birthday?!? Happy Birthday! I’m so sorry I didn’t know. I haven’t been around a lot of people lately so I wasn’t aware. Happy Birthday! :D

 

Yuri facepalmed herself ‘Crap! Seriously? Is she being for real?’

 

Yuri: No it’s not my birthday!

 

Sooyoung: Seriously? Then why did you just tell me? Aish, why must you lie to me? I can tell you must have issues with birthdays. Let me guess, a childhood experience? Your parents never let you had birthday parties and now you have become delusional and thinking that today is your birthday so that you can make your inner desire to come true. I gotcha now! Don’t worry! I have a plan to fix it! Come into my office every Monday before work and I will have some private therapy sessions with you to get you back on your feet and feeling normal.

 

Yuri: …What?...No! That’s not what I meant! Yes, I didn’t get any birthday parties when I was a kid and I’m bummed about that but no that’s not why I’m calling. I’m not crazy! I’m trying to get to the bottom of who is starting this rumor saying that today was my birthday and I assumed it was you.

 

Sooyoung: Ouch! That hurts a little! You know when you assume, you make and out of U and ME! HAHA!

 

Yuri: Ha! I get it! But not the point!

 

Sooyoung: HAHA, I know. In all seriousness, I don’t know who started the rumor but it wasn’t me so cross me off your hit list.

 

Yuri: Fine. I’m sorry I made and out of U and ME.

 

Sooyoung: No problem! (:

 

 

*END CALL*

 

 

“Well that was a fail… who to call next?” Yuri said to herself.

 

 

---------------

 

 

*Knock Knock*

 

 

“Huh? Who could that be?” Yuri said as she got up off the couch and walk towards the door. She looked through the peep hole but didn’t see anyone. Yuri looked around and saw her gun lying on the table. She quickly grabbed it and held it in her hands as she slowly opened the door.  She opened it a bit wider but she saw no one. She held her gun in her trained position and started taking steps out the door.

 

“SURPRISE!..AHH!” Tiffany and Jessica yell.

 

“Sorry!” Yuri said as she put her gun down, “I didn’t see anyone through my peep hole and just had to be extra careful”. Tiffany and Jessica were calming down. Yuri looked at both of them, one had some balloons that said “Happy Birthday” on them and another one was holding a box which Yuri assumed it was a cake.

 

“Happy Birthday Yuri!” They both held out their presents and Yuri just sighed.

 

“Let me guess, you guys are here because you think it’s my birthday” Yuri assessed.

 

“Well duh! We wouldn’t get balloon that say ‘Happy Birthday’ on them for any other reason!” Jessica stated as she welcomed herself into the apartment with Tiffany following. Yuri turned around and closed the door behind them. Tiffany looked around the room for something while Jessica and Yuri were looking at the cake.

 

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked. Yuri looked up as she had a little frosting on the corner of .

 

“She is out today. Weird, I thought she was going out with you yet you’re here. So I guess I assumed wrong” Yuri could hear Sooyoung’s saying ‘Assume makes an out of U and ME’. Yuri shook that thought out of her head and knew wherever Sooyoung was, she was laughing.

 

“That’s strange because she told me that she had a surprised birthday plan for you” Tiffany replied. ‘That’s strange because Taeyeon knows when my birthday is and it isn’t today…’

 

“So I bought a cake for nothing?” Jessica whined. However, Tiffany was more angry than upset.

 

“Do you know where she is?” Tiffany demanded. Yuri just shrugged ‘So it was Taeyeon who spread the rumor and I bet she told it to Tiffany and Tiffany told it to Ms. Big mouth over there by the cake and that explains the rest. Tae, you’re dead when I see you!’

 

Yuri remembered something though! She thought she heard something on the news about a festival taking place in the park and that is probably where Taeyeon might have gone!

 

“Tiffany, I think she went to the festival!” Yuri said. Tiffany huffed and went over to grab Jessica by the collar and then walked towards Yuri and grabbed her by the ear.

 

“Ow. Ow. Ow. Where are we going?” Yuri asked as she held onto dear life for her ear’s sake.

 

“To the park! Operation ‘teach Tae a lesson not to lie’ is now a go” Tiffany demanded as she walked with both of them out the door and towards the car. “My cake~…!” Jessica hollered as the cake was getting farther from her each second.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Another chapter up! Oh my gosh! Almost 300 subscribers! Thank you so much for reading my story. I would have never thought anyone would want to read something like this even from an amateur writer like me. Gosh I'm blushing! Ha ah anyways, what did you guys think of this chapter? Get ready for Tiffany's plan... *smirk* 

Anyways, comment, subscribe and like it up!

Love Rainy :D