Haters will Hate (Part 5)

CSI Korea

 

 

Location: Interrogation Room

Time: 1:00 P.M.

 

 

“Ms. Kim, what was your relationship with the victim’s ex-husband, Mr. Han?” Jessica said.

 

“What are you talking about? I’ve never had a relationship with the man.” She denied.

 

“Don’t lie to me; we know you had a relationship going on. Now tell us the truth or else we’ll have to charge you for lying to the police.”

 

She looked at the two detectives with a hint of fear in her eyes. She knew they wouldn’t stop until she answered them.

 

“Alright, we did have a small relationship…” she quietly answered.

 

“Small? You call a man willing to leave his ex-wife and marry you, small?” Jessica replied.

 

“Okay, it was serious. We would see each other behind the misses’ back. I tried to stop it once because I was feeling sorry for Ms. Han but Mr. Han didn’t mind. He told me he would give me the world if he could. I truly believed he loved me” she confessed.

 

“How long has this affair been going on?” Yuri questioned.

 

“About two year” she replied. Yuri and Jessica’s eyes widened.

 

“Look, I know what we did was wrong but you have to understand, he hated being with her. She made everyone’s lives miserable”.

 

“So, once the divorce happened, he would give you all the money and you could quit your job from working under her and live the life of luxury. Am I correct?” Jessica asked.

 

“Wait he was going to give me his money?” the assistant asked surprised.

 

“Oh, don’t act surprised. You probably knew about it but when Ms. Han found out she stole his money and told you to stay away from him.”

 

“I-I-I had no idea. I knew Ms. Han found out about our affair and she told me he didn’t really love me. She said I was just being used and she didn’t want to see me get hurt. I thought she cared for me” at this point she stared to get teary and sniffle.

 

“Wait? You didn’t know about the money involved with the divorce?” Yuri asked.

 

The assistant shook her head in surprise. Yuri and Jessica’s mouth dropped.

 

“Ms. Kim, what did you know about Ms. Han’s daughter?” Yuri asked. The assistant looked at Yuri and thought for a moment.

 

“Nothing much. I knew she and her mother didn’t have a very good relationship. Why?” she asked.

 

“What about Ryan Cho?” Jessica asked.

 

“Now that you mentioned it, I do remember something. Ms. Han wanted me to schedule a reservation for her at this restaurant a couple of days ago. She was meeting someone and Ryan Cho’s name was mentioned but I didn’t hear the entire thing”.

 

“What was the name of this restaurant?”

 

“I believe it was called…um… The Grotto. Yeah, that’s it!” She remembered. Yuri and Jessica nodded. They both thanked the assistant before taking their leave. They could still tell that she was upset about the news they had told her and needed some time alone to sort through it all.

 

Later, Jessica and Yuri were in the back room of the interrogation room.

 

“Do you think she is telling the truth or lying?” Jessica asked as she crossed her arms. Yuri scratched her head for a second.

 

“It’s hard to tell. She seemed surprised about the large sum of money that she almost received, yet she could’ve killed to be with the man. It’s just too hard to tell.” Yuri was in deep thought. Jessica however at the moment was busy thinking of something else. She bit her lip curiously and looked at Yuri.

 

“Yuri?”

 

The latter looked back at Jessica and waited for her to continue.

 

“So… This Yuri-Seductive Method…” Jessica started. Yuri started to blush a bit in shock.

 

“W-why do you bring that up?” She asks nervously.

 

“Because I want to see how it works, I’m curious” Jessica replied cutely. Yuri couldn’t resist how cute Jessica was acting. She giggled and agreed.

 

“Alright” Yuri grabbed Jessica’s shoulders and pulled her in front of her and aligned Jessica’s shoulders with hers. She took a step back and looked at Jessica.

 

“Hmmm, let’s see…” Yuri said as she kept staring at Jessica. Jessica was starting to blush at the girl scanning her.

 

“Rule number one for this method is to look like you just fought off a bull and won with confidence” Yuri stepped forward and reached across to grab Jessica’s ponytail and gently pull it out of her hair. Jessica started to get nervous at how close they were. Yuri started to mess with Jessica’s hair, running her fingers through and messing it up a bit. Yuri stepped back and looked at her work. She smirked and approved.

 

“There, that’s the first part of the method but that’s all I’ll show you for today” Yuri said.

 

“Awe, why? I want to know the rest” Jessica whined. Yuri just laughed.

 

“Because I’m hungry right now, how about we go get something to eat at the Grotto and investigate at the same time?” Yuri offered. Jessica smiled and accepted the offer.

 

 

In the Car

Time 1:30 P.M.

 

 

As they were in the car driving Yuri started to wonder why Jessica asked about her method. “Hey, Jessica, why did you want to know how to use that method?” Jessica looked at Yuri and answered, “Because I wanted to try it too”. Yuri was wondering for what reason why she would want to try it too and on who? The more she thought about the more she started to worry. Suddenly Jessica woke her up from her thoughts.

 

“Look! There is the restaurant. Let’s go!” Jessica said as Yuri pulled into the parking lot to find a spot. Once they parked they walked in and were greeted by a receptionist.

 

“Hello, welcome to The Grotto. Do you have a reservation?” the receptionist asked. Yuri and Jessica shook their heads no.

 

“That’s fine, follow me” she said.

 

“Wait we have to check who Ms. Han was meeting a couple of days ago” Yuri remembered. Jessica nodded in agreement.

 

“Miss, can we look through your reservation book?” Yuri asked as she showed her detective badge. The receptionist nodded and showed them the book. Jessica and Yuri went over and turned the pages to two days before. As they were looking, they heard a familiar voice.

 

“Yuri?”

 

“Jessi?”

 

They looked up to see Taeyeon and Tiffany walking into the front doors of the restaurant.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Jessica asked.

 

“I could ask you the same thing, we’re here investigating something” Taeyeon replied. Yuri and Jessica nodded.

 

“Us too.” Jessica replied. All four detectives gathered around the reservation book. Yuri flipped to the book a couple days ago. Her finger traced the list of names. Her finger stopped when it came to a familiar name. All four girls’ eyes widen when they saw who it was.

 

“Ms. Han was meeting… Manager Lee…” Tiffany spoke. Yuri whipped out her phone and started to dial some numbers.

 

“Yes, bring in Manager Lee for questioning. Thanks” she put her phone away. Taeyeon grabbed the book and flipped a day ahead. She scanned the list and immediately gasped.

 

“Everyone look!” Taeyeon pointed to the name in the book. The rest of the girls looked to where she was pointing.

 

“Well, this is interesting…” Jessica grinned. Tiffany smiled as well. Yuri pulled out her phone again and dialed the same number.

 

“Hello. Yes, bring in Hotel Manager Kang too…”

 

 

Interrogation Room # 1

Time: 3:00 P.M.

 

 

Manager Lee and his lawyer were sitting in the room with their arms folded. On the other side of the mirror window were Taeyeon, Yuri, Tiffany, Jessica, and Sooyoung discussing about the case. You could tell Manager Lee was really impatient. Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other before going into the same room with the suspect while the others watched as to what was about to happen. As Taeyeon and Tiffany walked into the room, Sooyoung pulled out a bag of popcorn. Jessica and Yuri looked at her with a confused expression.

 

“What? This is like watching a movie to me, want some?” Sooyoung defended as she offered some popcorn. Jessica and Yuri just shrugged and accepted the offer.

 

Meanwhile inside the interrogation room, Taeyeon and Tiffany took their seats across from the suspect and lawyer. Manager Lee’s eye brightened up a bit seeing Taeyeon.

 

“Hey baby, I still haven’t gotten a time or place as to where our date will be” manager Lee said with a grin. Tiffany rolled her eyes while Taeyeon was expressionless.

 

“Hush, Insu!” His lawyer ordered.

 

“Mr. Lee, we have proof that you met the victim two days before her death. Why?” Taeyeon asked. Manager Lee looked straight at Taeyeon for a second before whispering something into his lawyer’s ear. The lawyer nodded as he listened.

 

“My client says that they were discussing certain business” the lawyer responds.

 

“Elaborate”.

 

“It was just to discuss business. Nothing else” he replied.

 

“Just business? Or maybe the fact that she knew something that you didn’t want to leak out…” Taeyeon replied.

 

“What are you talking about?” he asks innocently.

 

“Maybe you didn’t want her to leak something out about your client all over the media. Don’t deny it” Taeyeon said.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” He started to raise his voice a bit. Taeyeon grinned at his reaction.

 

“Sure you do. We know what Ryan Cho’s secret is. And no, it’s not about the secret relationship which you lied to me about!” Taeyeon said sternly. Taeyeon could see a bit of fear in the man’s eyes.

 

“Face it! You wanted Ms. Han dead because she was going to spill that Ryan can’t actually sing! He lip-sings and you know it!” Taeyeon stood up and slammed her hands on the table. She was tired of Manager Lee denying it. Everyone in the back room gasped, even the lawyer was a bit shocked. The only people in that room who knew about it were Taeyeon, Tiffany, and the Manager.

 

“See I told you guys this is like a serious drama!” Sooyoung said as she munched on her popcorn. Yuri and Jessica nodded in agreement.

 

Manager Lee was trying to think of a way to deny it but Taeyeon continued. “She was going to write about your superstar client unless the relationship was off. When you knew she knew that Ryan was a fake, you took action and had her killed!”

 

Manager Lee was speechless. He immediately stood up and slammed his hands on the table too.

 

“I DIDN’T KILL HER!” He shouted. The room was completely quiet. Taeyeon smirked at how Manager Lee was close to breaking down. She took her seat again next to Tiffany.

 

“No, you didn’t kill her...” Once he heard that his face was a bit softer but then Taeyeon continued, “directly…”

 

The lawyer was in shock. He was lost a long time ago. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and signaled her that it was time. Tiffany pulled out some bank slips and placed them on the table for them to see.

 

“What are these?” Manager Lee asked.

 

“You should know what they are, you made the deal” Tiffany replied.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon said as she interrupted Tiffany’s thought.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Look at this…”

 

“Omo! Is this true?” Tiffany asks. Taeyeon nods.

 

“This may change things”

 

Both girls looked at Taeyeon’s received text message. Hyoyeon had sent pictures of bank slips of Manager Lee’s account. It showed that the day before the murder of Ms. Han, a transaction was withdrawn out of his account worth 2 million dollars. The 2 million dollars were deposited in Hotel Manager Kang’s account the same day.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

“You made a deal with Manager Kang didn’t you? You would give him 2 million dollars if he would eliminate the thorn in your side, metaphorically speaking. You wanted to convince Ms. Han to not release the information about your client but when she denied you had to take action. The next day, the day before her murder, you met with Manager Kang and struck up a deal with him. Ironically at the same restaurant, the Grotto. As for being the ring leader and conspirator of this murder, you are under arrest for the murder Han Hyo-Jin” Taeyeon finished. Manager Lee just remained silent. He didn’t try to deny it.

Soon a couple of police guards came into the room and took Manager Lee away. Sooyoung, Jessica, and Yuri came into the room and gave Tiffany and Taeyeon a group hug. Sooyoung broke away and asked, “How did you know about Ryan Cho lip singing?

 “We talked to the daughter of the victim and she told us” Tiffant replied. Everyone made a ‘O’ with their mouths.

“C’mon we have to go talk to Hotel Manager Kang now” Jessica remembered. All the girls nodded and walked into their next suspect.

 

 

Interrogation Room #2

Time: 3:30 P.M.

 

 

This time it was Yuri and Jessica’s turn to interrogate him. As they walked into the same room the manager stood up and yelled, “What the hell do you people want? I don’t have time to be waiting on you people! I have a hotel to run!”

 

“Shut up will ya!” Jessica barked back annoyed. The man immediately and obediently sat down.

 

“Haha don’t mess with Jessica” Sooyoung said in the back room with Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

“Mr. Kang, we know about the deal you made with Mr. Lee…” Yuri continued to explain everything they told Manager Lee, “So all we need to know is why you accepted the deal and who did you hire, because we know a man of such a high reputation wouldn’t put that at risk by killing someone. Also with you being wealthy, we know you hired someone to do the messy job for you. SO explain” Yuri finished up.

 

The man looked down towards the ground. He knew it was all over. He took in a deep breath and looked back up at the detectives with hateful eyes.

 

“Listen here, I don’t have to say anything to you. I got my money and that’s all I care about. Nothing else matters so why don’t you just go find the murder on your own” he said his last as he folded his arms and remained quiet.

 

“Look here mister! You do realize you were part of a murder so by law we have to arrest you! And as for you money, its going bye bye! So why don’t you stop being an idiot and try to be useful! What else have you got to lose?!?” Jessica yelled back at him. She was getting really pissed at his stubborn attitude. She waited for a response but he wouldn’t talk.

 

“Grrr why you…”

 

“Cuff him” Yuri interrupted, “He is no use to us any longer. He will serve better in prison than here”. Soon a cop came in the room and dragged the stubborn man out. Jessica looked to Yuri with a confused look.

 

“You let him leave? Now how do we trace him to the murder?”Jessica asked. Yuri just motioned Jessica to follow her into the back room where Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sooyoung were.

 

“I got your text Taeyeon” Yuri said as she walked in with her phone raised in her hand. Taeyeon nodded and smiled. On the other side of the room was Yoona and Sunny. They had a big grin on their face.

 

“Why do those two have creepy smiles on their faces?” Jessica asked worried.

 

“Sunny, Yoona, show them….” Taeyeon asked. They both nodded and showed the results in their hands.

 

“We couldn’t find any fingerprints as hard as we tried but we did find something else. Something that would be too hard to tell with the eye alone. We found some weird substance on the hairdryer. Sunny and I didn’t recognize what it was so we had some tests done. It appears some sort of stiffening substance. We looked into it further and it was…”

 

Taeyeon immediately understood where they were going.

 

“Of course! Why didn’t I see this before! Now everything makes sense!” Taeyeon snapped her fingers in happiness. Everyone looked at Taeyeon waiting for her to respond.

 

“Guys, I know who killed her” Taeyeon said with a grin on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aye aye aye another cliff hanger!... haha XD

Can you guys guess who the murder is?

If you guys are confused, Manage Insu Lee(Music agent) hired Manager Kang(hotel manager) who hired another person to kill the victim. Is that still confusing? Basically a bunch of rich people involved to sum it up.

I want to know who you guys think it is... I will have the update soon. First I have to write it XP

Anyways this chapter is long but I'm trying to compress the cases so there is more interactions with the team members themselves because I know you guys have been asking for that. It's just difficult incorporating that into the cases and making it all flow together. My next case might be a conituation case(if that makes sense) meaning it will be reoccuring or I might do one of just jessica and Tiffany and how they first met(but that will be a quickie). Let me know what you guys think and possibly who the murder is? haha bc I havent decided yet! XD 

Thanks for the comments and subscriptions! 

~Love Rainy2424