Fallen to Death (Part 5)

CSI Korea

 

 

Meanwhile-

Location- Jang Nara’s House/Mansion

Time- 12:30 P.M.

 

Yuri and Jessica were bickering all the to the best friend’s house. Mostly about how cruel Jessica treated Yuri but Jessica just insulted Yuri more. They finally pulled up to the mansion. They looked at it and it was similar to the Ahn’s house except the colors and a few other details.

 

“Jeez what is with all these big mansions?” Jessica complained. Yuri just scoffed.

 

“You’re just jealous. Admit it.” Jessica glared at Yuri.

 

“Oh yeah at least I live in a mansion. What do you live in? A box?” Yuri just glared back about to insult her again until Jessica raised her hand to stop her.

 

“Enough. I’m tired of arguing with you. It makes me break out. Let’s just go talk to the friend” Jessica said as she got out of the car. Yuri growled under her breath at how bossy Jessica can be but followed her. Jessica walked up to the large front door and rang the door bell. The door opened  up and a butler came out.

 

“Hello, we need to speak to Jang Nara. Is she here?” Jessica asked sweetly. ‘Where did grumpy Jessica go? Jeez, what is she bipolar?’ Yuri thought. The butler nodded and opened the door for them to walk in. Inside it was all clean. The marble floor shined brightly and the stairs that led upstairs were polished and the vases and flowerpots had lovely big flowers sitting in them. The ceiling was high and inside the living room there was a grand piano and a small bar. Jessica just sat down ignoring all the furniture and decorations while Yuri had opened.

 

Yuri wasn’t used to walking into rich people’s homes. The only one was Jessica’s and now this person. She was amazed how beautiful it was. Yuri and Taeyeon’s apartment wasn’t poor nor was it rich. It was average. A woman came down the stair with her hair falling loosely behind her. She looked about the same age as the victim. She was wearing a short yellow dress. She looked dressed up as if she was going out. She looked at the detectives and smiled.

 

“Hello. May I ask why you wish to see me?” the girl asked.

 

“You must be Nara?” Jessica asked. The girl nodded and looked at Yuri then back at Jessica.

 

“Yes, why?” Nara wondered. Yuri looked at Jessica wondering how to start.

 

“What is your relationship with Kyun Mi-Ri?” The girl looked over at Yuri and spoke.

 

“We’re friends. Why? Where is she? She was supposed to call me today. I wanted to go hang out with her at the mall with some of my other friends”.

 

Yuri tried to think of a way to break the news, “Uh… I’m sorry but-“

 

“She is dead”, Jessica interrupted. Nara looked from Yuri to Jessica.

 

“Oh my God. How can this be?” Nara brought her hand to in shock.

 

“We were wondering when the last time you saw her”, Yuri asked. Nara looked up at Jessica then back at Yuri.

 

“This morning, she left my house around 6 this morning. I’m not sure why but she said she had to go somewhere. We went over to Ji-hoo’s house last night to hang out and then she came back to my house to sleep over” she replied. Jessica nodded and kept staring at Nara.

 

“Do you think there is anyone who disliked Mi-Ri?” Yuri asked. Nara thought for a minute.

 

“No, not really. She was very sweet. I get where she got it from. Her parents are really nice as well… However, there is one person. Ji-hoo’s mother.”

 

Yuri remembered what his mother said, “She was too clingy and obsessed with my son. I didn’t like their relationship”

 

Nara continued, “She didn’t like that Mi-Ri came from a poor background. She didn’t like her son hanging round someone of lower class. She even tried to break them up by offering her money to leave but Mi-Ri said no”.

 

Yuri leaned over to Jessica and whispered, “We should question the mom. She seems suspicious”. Jessica nodded.

 

“Well, is that it? Because I need to go, I meeting someone soon” Yuri and Jessica nodded and got up from their seats and walked out the door. They were escorted by the butler and their car was in the driveway. They walked into the car and got in. Yuri turned the key and started to drive away from the mansion.

 

“Oh, I need to call Taeyeon and tell her to go question the boyfriend’s mother. She seems suspicious...” Yuri realized.

 

“Did you think the girl seemed weird?” Jessica randomly said. Yuri quickly looked at Jessica and then back at the road.

 

“Yeah she looked at me a lot. I think she was checking me out” Yuri smirked. Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“Not like that you idiot, when we mention her supposedly best friend’s death. She didn’t shed a tear… It’s as if she didn’t care… or she knew about it…” Jessica kept thinking.

 

“You’re right. That was weird. She looked as if she was in a hurry. I wonder who she was meeting…”

 

“Let’s follow her” Jessica offered and Yuri agreed. They were in an alley waiting for Nara to drive off.

 

 

Location-Forensic Science Lab

Time- 1:30 P.M.

 

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon walked into the lab seeing Sunny look into her microscope. Nicole nudged Sunny that she had company. Sunny looked at the two of them and motioned them to come over by her.

 

“Hey there, you know the dirt sample I collected from the body earlier today?” Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded their heads waiting for her to continue.

 

“Well, I examined it. It seemed a strange for some reason. So when Sooyoung and I were getting lunch I asked her to stop by the crime scene. Of course she complained and I just ordered her to take me there. When we got there I ran to the side of the house where the body was and I grabbed a few soil samples there”.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon were now confused. “Sunny what does that have to do why we are here?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Well, it’s better if I let you look. Nicole, bring the sample from the mansion and place it next to the soil we found on the body”. Nicole nodded and went over to grab another microscope from the glass cabinet. She placed it next to the other microscope and grabbed a sample of the soil Sunny got with Sooyoung and then turned the microscope light on. Sunny stepped aside so the two detectives could look.

 

“Take a look”

 

Taeyeon went over and pulled her hair behind her ears and bent over to look in the microscopes. In it she could see one sample of dirt with little pink dots mixed within. She looked into the other microscope and saw that this sample had something else in it. There were little white dots instead. Taeyeon looked back at Sunny to explain what she was looking at.

 

“Okay so what’s with the samples?”

 

“They have different types of fertilizer in them” Sunny smiled. Taeyeon still didn’t get it.

 

“Yeah so?”

 

“So… that means when she fell, the dirt on her wasn’t from the fall…” Sunny continued.

 

“They were from the murderer…” Tiffany announced with her eyes wide open. Sunny smiled and nodded like she just found the cure for cancer or something. Taeyeon made a big ‘O’ with .

 

 

*RING RING RING*

 

 

Taeyeon looked at her phone for the caller I.D. She recognized it and answered. She put it on speaker for everyone to hear.

 

Taeyeon: Hey, Yul. What’s up?

 

Yuri: Hey, we just finished questioning the victim’s friend. Jang Nara.

 

Taeyeon: Oh yeah, what did you find?

 

Yuri: Well we talked to her. Man is she rich! Anyways we talked to her and she said that the boyfriend’s mother disliked the victim. Nara said it was because of her low class. The mother even went far enough to where she tried to pay the victim to break up but the victim refused.

 

Taeyeon: Oh yeah I remember the mother saying that the victim was clingy and she didn’t like her.

 

Yuri: Yeah, so why don’t you go and visit her?

 

Taeyeon: Why don’t you?

 

Yuri: Well we would but that Nara girl seemed suspicious as well. When we mentioned the victim’s death, she didn’t even make a sniffle! For a best friend she sure doesn’t care that much. So we are waiting for her to come out. We are going to follow her since she seems like she is going on a date or something.

 

Taeyeon: So… You’re stalking her… She could call the police on you!

 

Yuri: *sighs* we are the police and no we aren’t stalking. We are solving a question we have by observing where she goes.

 

Taeyeon: So stalking…

 

Yuri: NO!

 

Taeyeon: (Tiffany in background) Taeyeon tell Yuri about the sample Sunny found! Ok Fany!

Hey Yul.

 

Yuri: What sample?

 

Taeyeon: Sunny found a sample of dirt on the victim that was different from where she was found. They were two different samples of dirt. So one of them is the murderer’s.

 

Yuri: That’s great evidence! Oh wait Tae, Nara is finally leaving. Took her a while, we have to go.

 

 

*END CALL*

 

 

Taeyeon put her phone back in her pocket and looked up at Sunny. “Has Seohyun or Yoona found anything?” Sunny just shook her head.

 

“No, they are still running an autopsy but no luck”. Taeyeon sighed and turned her attention to Tiffany.

 

“Let’s go back to the mansion and ask Ms. Ahn about their relationship”. Tiffany nodded as she followed her out.

 

 

Location- Ahn Mansion

Time- 2:30 P.M.

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany walked up towards the door of the mansion and knocked. The door was opened by a tall, bulky butler. He looked like he was in his mid 30’s. He had a stern look on his face that made him look scary. He was wearing a pressed clean butler suit that looked a little too tight around his arms and chest. ‘Damn. He is built’- Taeyeon thought.

 

“We need to speak to Ms. Ahn, is she here?” Tiffany asked. The butler nodded and opened the door allowing the detectives to come in. Inside it was huge. The ceiling was high and there was animal fur on the floor. They walked into the living room and saw a large fireplace and fancy white leather couches. They sat down while waiting for Ms. Ahn to come.

 

“Wow, this house is huge”, Taeyeon said shockingly. Tiffany just shrugged.

 

“I’m used to it”

 

“Now don’t go all fan girl on me. Stay focus okay?” Taeyeon warned. Fany nodded like a five year old getting scolded.

 

They heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Both detectives stood up to greet the drop dead gorgeous but a total jerk woman. Tiffany was jumping up and down a bit excited but Taeyeon gave her a glare that made Tiffany stop. The beautiful but personally cruel lady went over and took her seat across from them without greeting them.

 

“Why are you two back here?” she sounded annoyed. Tiffany just kept admiring the woman’s beauty while ignoring her cold personality. Taeyeon shook her head because she knew she lost Tiffany in dreamland.

 

“Ms. Ahn, where were you this morning?” Taeyeon asked. The mother looked at Taeyeon with a glare.

 

“I was at a conference meeting. I had to wake up early and so I left the house around six this morning to prepare for my seven o’clock appointment. You can ask my secretary, the people at the meeting, even the security tapes. I wasn’t around at the time of her death.” She responded.

 

“Maybe you paid someone to kill her just like you tried to pay her to breakup with your son” Taeyeon said. The woman had a fierce angry look on her face. Her eyes were burning with anger.

 

“How dare you insult me?! Do you know who I am?” She barked.

 

“I do!” Tiffany squealed and raised her hand like she was in a game show. The woman was now even madder and Taeyeon shook her head. ‘I knew I shouldn’t have brought her’

 

Tiffany lowered her head after she realized now wasn’t a good time to interrupt. Taeyeon looked back at the mother. “So how do we know you didn’t pay someone to kill her?”

 

“I didn’t pay anyone and I wouldn’t. I know my Ji-hoo will make the right choice and end it once he takes the family company. I don’t need to kill her when the relationship will end soon enough. I just offered money to get rid of her sooner. She was ruining this family’s reputation” she responded in a snobbish way.

 

Taeyeon stared at the woman in a hateful way. The woman was answering a text message. She got up to make a call leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany in the living room.

 

“Do you believe her?” Taeyeon asked.  She looked at Tiffany who was still in dreamland. Taeyeon got irritated how Tiffany has gawked over the cruel woman all day. She snapped her fingers in front of the latter to wake her up. Tiffany shook a bit waking herself up.

 

“What? I’m awake!” Tiffany sat up. Taeyeon sighed, she felt jealous that Tiffany hasn’t paid much attention to her lately. The butler came in with two glasses of water.

 

“Here you go, misses” he offered. He reached across Taeyeon and handed a glass of water to Tiffany and then one to Taeyeon. As he reached across, something started to fall from his sleeve but the two girls didn’t notice. Tiffany and Taeyeon thanked the butler. He bowed 90 degrees and walked away. As Tiffany took a sip of water she noticed something brown on Taeyeon and by her.

 

“Tae, you got dirt on yourself and the couch. Ms. Ahn will get mad if she sees dirt on her white leather sofa. You should be a little cleaner” Tiffany said as she started to wipe the dirt.

 

“Dirt? What dirt? I’m not dirty. Well, in the messy way (smirk)” Taeyeon looked down at herself. She had little drops of dirt on her. She wondered where she got it from. She looked around to see if she made a trail but there wasn’t. ‘I don’t remember having dirt on me…unless…’

 

“Tiffany! DIRT!” Taeyeon yelled and threw her hands up.

 

“Yeah…dirt….” Tiffany was a little worried Taeyeon had gone crazy.

 

“No Tiffany. It’s D-I-R-T.” Taeyeon said the last word slowly. Tiffany thought about it trying to get what Taeyeon was saying. She then realized.

 

“DIRT!” Tiffany shouted and stood up. Taeyeon nodded and laughed. They hugged each other and jumped up and down. Ms. Ahn came in at their moment.

 

“Uhmm. What is going on here?” she asked worried she was in the presence of two crazy psychopaths.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany stopped hugging and looked at Ms. Ahn. “Where is your butler?” She pointed down the hall where she came from. Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded. They walked to where the butler was. He was in the laundry room sorting out the whites and darks, getting ready to put them in the washer. He looked up at the two detectives standing in the door way.

 

“Uhm, may I help you?”

 

Taeyeon went over and grabbed his hands and placed them behind his back.

 

“You have the right to remain silent. Whatever you say will be counted against you. Don’t try to struggle that will just make it worse” Taeyeon said as she grabbed a pair of handcuffs and latched them onto him. Ms. Ahn came running in.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING TO MY BUTLER?!?” she yelled.

 

“Ms. Ahn, we have evidence to believe he killed the victim” Tiffany said. Taeyeon was shocked that Tiffany finally spoke against the woman she has been gawking the entire day. The woman dropped and just stood there as Tiffany and Taeyeon led the butler to their car for questioning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Yay! Another update! OMGEEEEEE!!!!!!

Anyways not much to say...

I wonder who could be the killer? hmmm....

( imaginary beard)

 

Anyways sorry if I dont update as often as I did. School is really a pain. Ill try my best to keep up(:

Until then...

 

Comment Subscribe LIke it Hate it.

Try to avoid the last(:

 

 

Love

Rainy