Chapter 14

Friendship or Relationship?

 

After 10 minutes on contemplating whether he should confess to her, he decided to go ahead with it.

“Yah Yook _____. Do you have anyone that you like? Any guy in school? Or maybe, Chunji?” he asked, not facing you.

You were shocked by Myungsoo’s sudden question. Deep down, you really wanted to tell him that you liked him too. But you did not want things to get awkward between you two so you just looked down on your lap and nodded.

“Neh. I do like this guy. He always makes me happy when I am with him. But I hate it when he gets angry. I don’t like seeing him angry. Cause when he’s angry, he’s scary…” you said as you were reminded of Myungsoo’s angry face in his room just now.

Myungsoo’s face fell. He didn’t expect you to like someone other than him. He might be thick-skinned but he really wanted to know that you liked him. He remained silent while you just faced him.

“Oppa? Are you o-okay? Why are you so silent? Wae oppa?” you said while grabbing his hands.

You saw tears fall from his eyes and you started to panic. You hugged him close to you and patted his back.

“Oppa, don’t cry. What happened?” you pulled away from the hug and cupped his face.

“____ah. I have been keeping this secret from you all along. I, I, I like you. I’ve been liking you ever since we were young. I don’t know whether this is what you call love. But whenever I am with you, my heart tends to beat faster. Faster than usual. _____-ah I know I am a coward but I really like you. I know we are best friends since young with the other pabos but its ok if you don’t return back the feelings…” Myungsoo said as he stared deep into your eyes.

You never expected him to confess to you. Sure enough, no one have ever confessed to you before. You didn’t know what to do. So all you did was to turn away from him and shook your head. You didn’t know what to say. You were still in shock.

“Wae? ____-ah are you okay? W-why are you c-crying? Mianhae _____-ah” Myungso said as he tried to comfort you when he heard you crying softly. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------