Scholarship?

Boys over Flowers

A woman in her late 40's turned of the TV after what had been another distressing report on SM High. She sat her clearly oversized oak desk piled with with different coloured files. The name plate on the front of desk read President Cho SM Corporation. The woman was clearly upset with what was clearly been happening all over the news, she looked down in front of her at magazine, the article she was reading was about the daring rescue at SM High and severe bullying the regular students were putting scholarship students through. But the main point on the article was about the famous Lee Sungmin, the commoner that had rescued a boy from suicide.

The woman's frustration grew as she stared at the numerous pictures of Lee Sungmin and the few of Park Jungsoo the victim of SM High. The woman was not in clear state of mind. she didn;t know what she was going to do, how she was going to fix up this mess and how to stop the press from writing the articles. She was so fixed in her thoughts she didn't even hear the door to her office opening. Though the resounding click of it shutting woke her from her thoughts. She looked up from her desk to see her Secretary/Bodyguard. His build was rather large, he was not over weight, he was very broad and muscular, his hair was as neat as he could get though unfortunately for him it was not satisfactory for his boss. But when ever he smiled and did his job he was forgiven easily for his mistakes.

He stopped right in front of desk and bowed politely. President Cho still frustrated with everything slammed her hands against the desk. She was not pleased with him at the moment and he knew just from the sight of her face that he was in trouble. He understood immediately when he noticed the magazine in front of her and figured out it that it was his inability to stop the press from publishing the story that had set her off in this mood, as well as the reporters on TV if she had seen the news today.

"I apologise." He spoke softly

"Right now the PR team is working busily with the press to..."

 

"Wait, Youngwoon is this what you call working busily?" she asked him sternly.

"How could you let, Kyuhyun's name come out of those reporter's mouths?" She yelled at him, slamming her hands on the desk again.

 

"I don't have any excuse..."Youngwoon said softly, trying to keep calm so she would calm down herself. He bowed his head down feeling ashamed that he couldn't stop the press.

l"Do you know why the public is scary?" She asked him as he rose his head to meet to meet those cold stern stern eyes.

"Because they are dumb...If they start getting crazy for a cause then it's near impossible to stop them." She yelled at him again.

"It cannot be dealt with through reasoning and sense." she breathed in heavily feeling all the stress wash over her.

"The one who started this fire should be the one to extinguishing it then." She said reasonably to Youngwoon, who still stood there in an understanding manner. There was a light tap on the office door and the secretary walked in with a phone in her hand. she bowed  to both of them before approaching President Cho's desk. When she passed  Youngwoon she gave him a small smile and blushed, then bowed to President Cho again.

 

"CEO, the Premier is on the phone for you." She whispered softly so not to enrage the woman any further. She handed her the phone and stood off to the side with Youngwoon blushing furiously at him as he smiled at her.

 

"Yes, this is President Cho speaking." She said smiling into the telephone.

"Yes the events that are unfolding are to be more entertaining." She said with a displeased look and tone on her face.

 

                                                                                                                   *

 

That night Sungmin was riding home from his shift at the Porridge Shop sighing at the events that have happened over the last couple of days.

"I had to still runaway from the paparazzi, and waste my time because of a false delivery." He sighed to himself as he reached the dry cleaning shop and home. He jumped off his bike and groaned in frustration.

"SM High, every time I think about it I get nauseous." He yelled as he slammed the dry cleaners door behind him in anger.

What Sungmin had failed to see was the numerous black business cars parked outside the shop, because he was so enraged with the day. He climbed the stairs to the apartment flat him and his family lived in and opened the door softly walked in and closed it. He chucked his shoes to the side and sighed at his day again.

"I'm back." He shouted happily to his family, hoping there was still dinner left waiting for him. He stopped suddenly as he saw a man maybe a few years older than him, in a high class business suit, sitting with his low class family. Sungmin could only think why is this man here, and why is he smiling like a fool at me?

 

"Oh he's here on time." Sungmin's father yelled getting up from the little table to greet his son, his mother and his brother Sungjin got up from the table as well and walked to him. The man in the suit picked himself off the floor and stood where he was.

"Sungmin, say hello." His father excitedly said to him.

"He says, he's on behalf of the SM Groups CEO." His father whispered to Sungmin, his hand blocking he side of his mouth the man could see.

 

"Huh?" Sungmin said in disbelief.

 

"Now i get to meet the famous Superman. It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Kim Youngwoon, but please call me Kangin." He said politely and smiled at Sungmin's odd expression.

 

"I didn't push him." Sungmin said slightly worried

"Really, it was the F4 or something, they were the ones who were." he sound in rushed pace until Kangin interrupted him

 

"I'm hear just to..." Kangin started only to find himself being interrupted by Sungmin's mother.

 

"Sungmin, out son don't be too surprised. Starting tomorrow you will be attending SM High School!" She said excitedly as Sungmin's father rushed over to her and Sungjin.

 

"You will be attending there!" The three of them shouted together at  Sungmin excitedly.

 

"W...What?" Sungmin stuttered in utter disbelief as he watched his family jump around together.

 

"It's because the CEO was very impressed with you, they will except you as a special scholarship student!" Kangin said feeling the family's excitement buzz through him.

 

"They will accept you!" Sunhee (Sungmin's mother) shouted back at Sungmin as Sungjin continued bouncing around.

 

"Scholarship student." Sungmin gasped still not believing what was happening.

"Why me>" He asked after some thought.

 

"We believe that..."Kangin started as he got interrupted again except this time by the younger brother Sungjin.

 

"Hyung, you were on the Martial Arts team up until Junior High, they want you to start training again, not that you don't now, but they want to train you more advance techniques so you can compete!" He exclaimed while still bouncing on the spot.

 

"Martial Arts again!" Sungmin's family shouted at him in unison. Why were they doing that? And why are they more excited about this then he was? Sungmin pondered in thought.

 

"No." Sungmin said calmly.

 

"What?" Chunhwa (Sungmin's father) said in shock.

 

"Why not?" Sunhee shouted at Sungmin.

 

"Hyung have you lost your mind?" Sungjin asked Sungmin in disbelief.

 

"I'm just fine with the way things are now...I don't belong in the kind of school. So I don't really want to attend...So if you would kindly go back." Sungmin said politely to Kangin while fidgeting with his hands and smiling awkwardly at him.

 

"Sungmin, please reconsider." Kangin asked Sungmin, smiling at the boy's adorable constant fidgeting.

 

"No, he doesn't need to reconsider, he will be attending starting tomorrow." Sunhee said to Kangin as Chunhwa and Sungjin pulled Sungmin into a hug as their hands covered Sungmin's mouth with their hands to make him stop refusing the scholarship that has been given to him.

Sunhee walked Kangin to the front door, and down the stairs. Kangin was smiling to himself about Sungmin's behaviour of the scholarship and he couldn't have thought of person more deserving than to receive one. He could still hear Sungmin's muffled yells as him and Sunhee entered the dry cleaning shop.

 

"Then we will see him at school." Kangin said to Sunhee  as she showed him the way through the shop.

 

"No matter what happens I will send him." Sunhee said happily to Kangin.

 

"Please make sure he does." Kangin said and bowed to Sunhee and smiled at her so beautifully that Sunhee thought she was sure melt. Sunhee bowed back to him and followed him outside.

 

"Mr. Secretary, you are aware of the phrase Que sera sera?" She asked him. Kangin turned around and smiled again. He got into the car followed by the men waiting out the front of the shop. Sunhee being like her son was oblivious to the fact at how many cars and people were out the front of the shop. She stared in amazement and quickly bowed a couple of times to them politely and raced back upstairs to the apartment.

As soon as Sunhee was back in the apartment she did a little victory dance. Sungmin on the other hand stood in the middle of the living room unimpressed by what his whole family had done to him.

 

"MUM!" Sungmin screamed

 

"Don't yell!" Sunhee reprimanded her son,

"If you have eyes look at that!" Sunhee nodded to Chunhwa and Sungjin.

Sungmin looked over to his father, he had Sungmin's new uniform in his hands and was spinning it around laughing happily at5 his son's good fortune. Sungjin was recording his father with with Chunhwa's phone as both singing in happiness.

 

"SM High!"

"SM High!"

 

Then Sungjin took the white uniform shirt and started copying his father's victory dance, which was just them bopping on the spot pushing the clothing they hand in their hands out in front of them in different angles, while still singing 'SM High'. Finally Sunhee not being able to contain the high she was on started dancing. Sungmin sighed out at his parents and brother's idiotic dance.

 

"Hyung, who knew this day would come?" Sungjin asked with clear excitement on his face.

"For the first time in my life, I am proud to be your brother." Sungjin teased cheekily as he ran and hugged Sungmin, with Chunhwa and Sunhee following closely behind him. Sungmin decided to let it go stubbornly for the rest of the night. If it made his family this happy he would go to SM High...Begrudgingly of course.

se2.jpg

Sungminnie and little bro Sungjinnie >.< Sungmin you dork lol

 

07-kangin.jpg

How can you not love that smile...and yes I really love Kangbear so thats why I made him the Bodyguard/Secretary cause i like that guy in the drama.

 

If anyone is displeased with my character choices I am Sorry...(Damn now Sorry Sorry is stuck in my head)   But I am writing more tonight o(^__^)o Cause I have the time!!!